Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

I kind of get it when homers defend the actual team.  That’s fandom.  I personally have a hard time doing it, but I can understand how some folks are just huge fans and leave rationale and logic at the door.

What I can’t wrap my head around is any level of defense for Dan.  I just cannot understand how or why anyone in 2021 would still be going to bat for this dude in any capacity. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6

14 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I kind of get it when homers defend the actual team.  That’s fandom.  I personally have a hard time doing it, but I can understand how some folks are just huge fans and leave rationale and logic at the door.

What I can’t wrap my head around is any level of defense for Dan.  I just cannot understand how or why anyone in 2021 would still be going to bat for this dude in any capacity. 

It really is insane. Then again, there's a lot I can't wrap my head around in the world over the last few years. 

I've heard some seem to suggest this is some kind of "cancel culture" attack on Little Danny. Actually saying that after all the stories, all the people who've come forward, all the drek and horrible examples of humanity that have come through the team's doors over the years, what he's done to the team simply ON the field, and now the results of an independent investigation that spoke with well over 100 people and pored over stories and data and comes to the conclusion that he needs to go? This is not related to "cancel culture." This is a proven POS who the NFL should not want representing them in any capacity.  

And yes, I believe the Junkies' story is 100 percent accurate. There is absolutely NO WAY they report about this without it being vetted. I suspect it COULD be a leak from Wilkinson's team to try to force the NFL to make the results public. If so, brilliant move, because now the league is really stuck. Really the only way they can get around NOT making things public at this point would be to force Snyder to sell, which I will happily take! They can't really suspend him without making things public now that we know the top recommendation was to force him to sell. They now are in a position where anything less than forcing him out they will need to explain.

Pass the popcorn. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

It really is insane. Then again, there's a lot I can't wrap my head around in the world over the last few years. 

I've heard some seem to suggest this is some kind of "cancel culture" attack on Little Danny. Actually saying that after all the stories, all the people who've come forward, all the drek and horrible examples of humanity that have come through the team's doors over the years, what he's done to the team simply ON the field, and now the results of an independent investigation that spoke with well over 100 people and pored over stories and data and comes to the conclusion that he needs to go? This is not related to "cancel culture." This is a proven POS who the NFL should not want representing them in any capacity.  

And yes, I believe the Junkies' story is 100 percent accurate. There is absolutely NO WAY they report about this without it being vetted. I suspect it COULD be a leak from Wilkinson's team to try to force the NFL to make the results public. If so, brilliant move, because now the league is really stuck. Really the only way they can get around NOT making things public at this point would be to force Snyder to sell, which I will happily take! They can't really suspend him without making things public now that we know the top recommendation was to force him to sell. They now are in a position where anything less than forcing him out they will need to explain.

Pass the popcorn. 

It never occurred to me that the investigation team may have purposely leaked this to force the NFL's hand to make it public.  Excellent point.

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I highly doubt it's just a Dan Snyder thing. People defend billionaire's all the time that they know nothing about on a personal level. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

As we've seen in Dan's tenure and particularly since the summer, the Post is the publication that has broken the stories about the organization. In the past it was people criticizing certain writers (like LaCanfora and Jason Reid) who would dare to criticize this garbage team, and now they just see the paper as having a certain overall ideological bent that is out to get people like Dan.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2021 at 8:08 AM, Barry.Randolphe said:

I have no idea why he doesn't just sell....$3B is quite a nice profit to make. That's multigenerational wealth without dealing with this headache and being hated by an entire city

He wants to keep his toy to satisfy his huge ego and delusions, last but not least he will always want Mo' Money.

I think they are overvalued

Fwiw Valuation of NFL Franchises

Edited by FrFan

I somewhat understand why fans defend the owner because I fell victim to it also for years. It's not easy to articulate, but I'll try...

For me, it was something like denial more than anything else. I had no vested interest in Dan Snyder the man...but I knew selfishly as a fan, the most direct path to the product on the field improving was for Snyder to "figure it out" all of a sudden. If he overnight became a good owner, then my Redskins might re-take their position in the NFL hierarchy. So, any off-the-field stuff would distract from that or throw up a roadblock to the path I wanted my team on. 

As the allegations got worse and some of the things became too disgusting, I couldn't do it anymore. But I'd be lying and hypocritical if I didn't have SOME of that same reaction to the cheerleader story that broke in 2018 or any number of lesser offenses that came out about the team or Snyder earlier in his tenure. In those moments, it was better FOR ME if they were just a hit job or fabricated by The Post. 

My eyes are open now. This man has mistreated so many people for far too long and I'm almost ashamed I stayed loyal and blind as long as I did. Having said that, it didn't come from a place of ill-will, just denial. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I somewhat understand why fans defend the owner because I fell victim to it also for years. It's not easy to articulate, but I'll try... My eyes are open now.

giphy.gif

;)

Edited by FrFan
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Califan007 said:

And criticize, for that matter.

Some don't deserve it, Snyder does though. I agree with the gentleman I quoted originally that said it was odd to defend Snyder. Hes done enough to warrant criticism, just being filthy rich doesn't warrant it though.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

There is absolutely NO WAY they report about this without it being vetted.

I agree with everything but this. 

the junkies are not, individually or collectively, all that smart.... I think it is absolutely plausible they got duped. I’m leaning towards it being (more or less) accurate, I just don’t have any faith the junkies   

it’s not like they’re journalists either...

• Like 1

On 3/6/2021 at 2:08 AM, Barry.Randolphe said:

I have no idea why he doesn't just sell....$3B is quite a nice profit to make. That's multigenerational wealth without dealing with this headache and being hated by an entire city

There are only 32 NFL owners but about 3,000 billionaires in this world. Being an NFL owner places one on an entirely different echelon of prestige and influence that wealth by itself cannot penetrate.

Snyder believed that he could inspire loyalty from the fans by demonizing the WashPost and its reporters--specifically by claiming that they were unfairly targeting him out of some mysterious vendetta against the Redskins generally.

It worked surprisingly well for a long time. Even now, you'll see some folks claim that Snyder has finally "figured it out" by hiring Rivera and Wright, as though Snyder miraculously turned a new leaf in his fifties after owning the team for over 20 years. Good luck with that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, profusion said:

Snyder believed that he could inspire loyalty from the fans by demonizing the WashPost and its reporters--specifically by claiming that they were unfairly targeting him out of some mysterious vendetta against the Redskins generally.

He's still trying this, albeit only a small percentage actually buy his bull****.

His total disconnect is evident with those ridiculous bots. Does he think anyone with an ounce of sense believes him?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't believe Dan is mature enough to quit while he's ahead so I think he's gonna lose his **** mentally once this all sinks in.

If that report is true I don't see how the league lets him stay if the first recommendation is to sell the team, I don't think the league or Dan can get away with it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I don't believe Dan is mature enough to quit while he's ahead so I think he's gonna lose his **** mentally once this all sinks in.

If that report is true I don't see how the league lets him stay if the first recommendation is to sell the team, I don't think the league or Dan can get away with it.

The only caveat is the other owners' skeletons. If they oust Snyder, they can be ousted too. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

The only caveat is the other owners' skeletons. If they oust Snyder, they can be ousted too. 

Yeah but the other owners don’t really hate each other. Not like everyone hates snyder 

id think they’re care less about others turning in them then getting a piece of garbage out of their exclusive club

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Some don't deserve it, Snyder does though. I agree with the gentleman I quoted originally that said it was odd to defend Snyder. Hes done enough to warrant criticism, just being filthy rich doesn't warrant it though.

When you said it wasn't a Snyder thing, I wasn't making my response to being about Snyder. I actually first thought about Kobe Bryant to be honest--although he wasn't a billionaire (I don't think).

But along your lines, some billionaires do deserve defending (although Snyder doesn't appear to be one of them lol).

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, profusion said:

i don't agree...I think his demonizing of the WaPo was done without giving two ****s about the fans, it was mostly personal. The WaPo played it's part by making it somewhat personal as well in their actions, which made it seem to fans as if Snyder was right to react the way he did. From there, though, I think he started using it as a way of--well, not gaining loyalty from fans as much as causing fans to question negative articles and look for ulterior motives. Almost nothing in Life is black an white, good vs evil.

12 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

He's still trying this, albeit only a small percentage actually buy his bull****.

His total disconnect is evident with those ridiculous bots. Does he think anyone with an ounce of sense believes him?

The bots are the work of his PR team, which shows you the kind of people he surrounds himself with, people who say "yes Mr Snyder" and "good idea Mr Snyder", rather than people who are actually capable. Kind of like how he ran the team for decades.

The walls are closing in, and the owner is reacting as anyone who has lived through the Snyder Washington Football era might expect.

What’s driving Wilkinson’s push to banish Snyder from the league, even if only temporarily, is his refusal to cooperate with the Washington attorney’s probe, according to 106.7 The Fan.

“She was recommending this … mainly because of the coverup and lack of integrity throughout the internal investigations,” Junkies co-host Jason Bishop said. “Apparently he was trying to persuade or instruct other employees not to talk to Wilkinson’s firm about what they were investigating. So there was the coverup right there. And once she reported back … that this was happening, that’s why she’s recommending he needs to go, because of the coverup.”

Not exactly the spirit of cooperation and openness that new team president Jason Wright touted to anyone who would listen shortly after he was hired about the conversations he had had with the owner before he came aboard.

“In those conversations [with Snyder] we didn’t just talk about the rosy future,” Wright told CBS Sports in August. “We talked about the mistakes we’ve made. I talked about mine. Dan talked about his. We were really transparent with one another. We asked each other provocative questions about tough topics. And the fact that we got to that level of transparency and openness really gives me a lot of confidence walking into this job.”

There’s that word — transparency.

We’ve heard a lot of that word coming out of the Washington Football Team since the spin campaign began to try to repair the damage done by the owner — and make no mistake about it, until we actually see “transparency,” it’s been spin and little more than that. It will have all been meaningless without true “transparency” — if not from the team, then from the NFL.

This battered and bruised fan base has the right to know the truth — especially if the Wilkinson recommendation is indeed to force Dan Snyder to sell the Washington Football team and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, who claims he grew up a fan of this team, offers salvation to those fans left behind who have suffered through decades of despair.

After all, they’ll need time to make preparations for the parties.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2