Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

[EMERGENCY HIVE MESSAGE FOR IMMEDIATE DISTRIBUTION. HIGHEST PRIORITY]

Hello all friends reading on the [insert name here] internet forum for football findings.

I am a human speaking the thoughts of my own ideas naturally  without compensation from the hive. I am not a bot.

I will say it until I am blue in the face. [Repeat.]

I will say it until I am blue in the face.

[Insert key hive message next. Use all caps for emphasis.]

DANIEL SNYDER IS THE MOST LOVING AND CARING OWNER IN THE NFL.  

THE EVIL LYING PEOPLE WHO ARE ATTACKING HIM MUST BE DISBELIEVED AND DEALT WITH SEVERELY. 

MR SNYDER SHOULD SUE THEM AND THEY SHOULD BE ARRESTED AND PUNISHED. 

THE OWNERSHIP TEAM OF DANIEL AND TANYA SNYDER WILL BRING PEACE, PROSPERITY AND HAPPINESS TO ALL OF US. 

THERE IS NOTHING AMISS HERE.

GO TO SLEEP.

I will say it until I am blue in the face. [Repeat]

I will say it until I am blue in the face.

[End transmission. Return to hive for further instructions]

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I have no idea why he doesn't just sell....$3B is quite a nice profit to make. That's multigenerational wealth without dealing with this headache and being hated by an entire city

He probably thinks that he'll get to the promised land if he just keeps digging.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I have no idea why he doesn't just sell....$3B is quite a nice profit to make. That's multigenerational wealth without dealing with this headache and being hated by an entire city

Owning and football team is a pretty nice legacy if he ****s around and gets one if the cheerleaders pregnant. 

• Haha 1

It is obvious that Snyder has no interest in selling so we should forget about that just happening.  I too question the source of this story, I mean this is the Sports Junkies not Woodward and Bernstein. But I can't believe they would stake their reputation on such a story, they reportedly sat on the story for a few days which if true also leads credibility. 

But it still comes down to the commish. He is the one to recommend they take it to the committee of owners. And with his comments about how Snyder has really cleaned up the organization I have my doubts.  I don't trust Roger one bit to do the right thing in these circumstances given his history.  

• Like 1

I’ll say it again, Lurch is pretty connected in Ashburn. He seems to hang around circles with NFL folks. They’re close with De Smith too. There’s any number of places it could have come from. 

could be someone who saw a draft that Rivera may have seen that screen shot and shared with a friend and that friend shared with Lurch. There’s many ways it could have gotten out. 

or it could have been strategic knowing Goodell would keep it private. And a high up intentionally leaking it to force the Nfl to make it public 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

or it could have been strategic knowing Goodell would keep it private. And a high up intentionally leaking it to force the Nfl to make it public 

There's this aspect too. This is entirely plausible.

One thing that gives me a bit more credence to the report. It was Lurch's source and not EB. Lurch seems much less sensational than the rest, and EB is Danny Rouhier level stupid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Ego.  He thinks he will prove everyone wrong and win a title “his way.” 

13 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wait....who used bots against him? 

Theres a law suite against an India company that has ties to a company the daughter of a minority owner works for, alleging the India company was behind spreading a series of false rumors on social media (things like linking snyder to Epstein and child sex trafficking) when the rumors of a big scandal breaking were running in the lead up to the first WP story. The suite alleges it was done on behalf of the minority owner in an effort to force snyder to sell the team. 

10 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

If I was already a billionaire, I would make decisions based in what brought me happiness, not just trying to make my pile of money as high as possible.  Snyder grew up a skins fan and loves being an nfl owner, and has enormous wealth, I'm sure the profit from the sale means relatively little to him.

He bought the team. He didn’t start it up, he didn’t build it or cultivate its growth. He simply purchased it and actually devalued it which is astonishing given the popularity of the NFL. Yet in his mind he probably thinks HE is the team. It’s not his baby but this idiot will dig deeper the more call there is for him to sell.

Edited by dyst
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, dyst said:

Yet in his mind he probably thinks HE is the team. It’s not his baby but this idiot will dig deeper the more call there is for him to sell.

Agree 1000%. Snyder thinks he IS the  team, and how did they ever exist without him. Almost 30 years of evidence to the contrary, he thinks he is the solution and people like him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Inigo Montoya said:

No, but our standing as the 2nd most valuable franchise has dropped (weren’t we top 2/3 franchises in the world?) 

Yes indeed, we were constantly in the top 3 of most valuable sports franchises until 5-10 years ago.

2 hours ago, tshile said:

Theres a law suite against an India company that has ties to a company the daughter of a minority owner works for, alleging the India company was behind spreading a series of false rumors on social media (things like linking snyder to Epstein and child sex trafficking) when the rumors of a big scandal breaking were running in the lead up to the first WP story. The suite alleges it was done on behalf of the minority owner in an effort to force snyder to sell the team. 

Yeah, but that’s not a bot. That’s an actual person. 

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

No, but our standing as the 2nd most valuable franchise has dropped (weren’t we top 2/3 franchises in the world?) 

Yeah, because the franchises' value has more than quadrupled.

I think the age of our stadium plays a part as far as the ranking is concerned. A new stadium would probably move us up a few spots at least.

6 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Yeah, because the franchises' value has more than quadrupled.

I think the age of our stadium plays a part as far as the ranking is concerned. A new stadium would probably move us up a few spots at least.

Probably has more to do with us being trash and nobody wanting to buy our merchandise outside of DC, honestly. Patriots rose all the way up to #2 in value because of their overall success. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Probably has more to do with us being trash and nobody wanting to buy our merchandise outside of DC, honestly. Patriots rose all the way up to #2 in value because of their overall success. 

That definitely has something to do with it. although in 2014 when we ranked third in the NFL, I don't think we were coming off any kind of sustained success.