Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Don’t make any big moves until after the new owner has his Gm in place.

Look at Denver. During the bidding process Denver had hired a coach and traded for Wilson.  This was done in the offseason but before the new owners bought the team and were approved.

The new owners did sign off on that extension for Russell.

Well, the coach is a bust and will likely be one and done. Russell Wilson maybe done. Those draft picks and the money given Russell maybe a big waste.

New owners are already ****ed.

So, don’t make big moves next offseason.  You could be ****ed like Denver if you do.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

We’re in agreement in a lot of points.

It took a few games after Robinson had returned before they began to form a strong duo. And yes, diminishing AG’s role and giving it to Robinson, who is a positive net gainer, was a win. He’s making the running game work better., despite the o-line being terrible. Same with Heinicke. Ppl forget McLaurin would have 5 catches now if it was for Wentz. They didn’t have any chemistry ever… and he never targeted him. Thanks to Taylor, our best weapon has value again. The trade off is he can’t seem to get Samuels involved.

Ill give the defence some credit…. the DTs and Sweat have finally turned a corner. It’s a legitimate rush-stopping defence. But the pass defence is still suspect. Juste is just as likely to make a big play as he to give up one or get called for a penalty. 

Unlike most, I’ve always thought Fuller was good. He’s always right there… whether he makes the play or not. That’s football, you win some and lose some. Curl has always been a stud.

But a good defence often has a good - or at least a functional - offence that helps keep it off the field, getting rest and minimizing the opponents opportunities.

And let’s be honest. It took this team like 5 games to get a turnover - that wasn’t called back because of penalties. Sooner or later, the law of averages would have us even out. And that’s what’s happening too.

Heinicke targets Terry two more times a game than Wentz.  Two.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

I get it, the Commanders have a winning record over 2 games over .500 in the middle of the season…. so you’ve had to overhaul your belief system. Fickle.

Of course, when they lose and miss the playoffs, you can always just switch your opinion again.

It’s like being in the game day thread watching bipolar ppl hinge every though on the last play. Fire him, sign him to an extension, no wait cut him, trade him…. no give him the ball more. 

1997…. I’ve been here 25 years. I know your type.

A. Your response has zilch to do with the topic at hand.

B. You clearly don’t know my type.  

I’ve been emotionally detached from this team for a long time.  I’m easily one of the more negative posters here particularly during the Bruce regime.  I long for the days of being emotionally invested to the extent I could be seen as bipolar in the gameday threads.  The only juice  I’ve got is related to Dan selling the team.  If Rivera and the whole gang are collateral damage, so be it.  

My opinions can change and evolve when presented with different or new information.  I am not one to die on a hill because I’m afraid to admit when I’m wrong.  We’ve got more than a few of those around here 🤔.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

A. Your response has zilch to do with the topic at hand.

B. You clearly don’t know my type.  

I’ve been emotionally detached from this team for a long time.  I’m easily one of the more negative posters here particularly during the Bruce regime.  I long for the days of being emotionally invested to the extent I could be seen as bipolar in the gameday threads.  The only juice  I’ve got is related to Dan selling the team.  If Rivera and the whole gang are collateral damage, so be it.  

My opinions can change and evolve when presented with different or new information.  I am not one to die on a hill because I’m afraid to admit when I’m wrong.  We’ve got more than a few of those around here 🤔.

Dude, I left our conversation this morning… and you’ve been following me around all day and even referencing my content in posts to others desperately trying to get the last word in. Your acting like a little Terrier barking at the car and chasing it down the street. You’re triggered.

You want to be ‘right’ so bad… and you think taking down a big prey will give you a little significance. 

You want to know how I know?

Heinicke is 6-1.  They’re winning with him….. you can argue there might be other reasons as well…. but there’s absolutely no verifiable way to qualify/quantify how much of an impact Heinicke has had in each victory.

I think it’s more, you think it’s less. We have differing opinions.

But you’re making this to be about ‘right’ or ‘wrong’, with something that cannot be measured in a vacuum and is basically completely subjective. How do you quantify the impact of all co-factors like personnel changes in a multi-personnel unit or game plans specific to players or opponents??

And while I have shared my opinions, I have allowed every other member in this thread to share respectfully (like say, without questioning ones sexuality).

There’s no right or wrong here. That’s the only truth. That you think so is where you’re ultimately/fundamentally wrong. And it’s the hill  that your ego is willing to die on. This isn’t about ‘manhood’ as you inferred. Ftr, admitting a mistake has nothing to do with one’s sexuality - but rather about ‘maturity’. And no one lives in that state in perpetuity.

I find it perplexing that you’re so incredulous  that Heiny can galvanize a unit/team… but yet you’ll give credit to JDR to turning Davis’ season/career around by critizing him in the media.

Rivera is going to get fired, as all HC’s except belichek do. And most will never get another opportunity.  Because every coach eventually makes more mistakes than not.

At this point, it’s all white noise to me until Snyder sells the team.

21 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:
21 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

polka dot clown GIF by Good Old War

My god, this dude literally referred to himself as “big prey”.

Who you talking to little boy? Does your ego need a little stroke?

F46DD0C3-B824-452F-B884-4377806D510C.gif

Edited by Die Hard

“Big Prey” is ‘triggered’.

To get back on topic, I’ve provided several reasons that are based in fact for the difference over the last 7 weeks.  

Guys getting healthy, adopting an entirely different scheme and moving parts on the defense have actual impacts on the field of play.  Most of which tie back to Ron in some fashion, health aside.

The team “playing for” Taylor Heinicke as the reason for the teams success is strictly opinion.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

1 hour ago, Die Hard said:

Dude, I left our conversation this morning… and you’ve been following me around all day and even referencing my content in posts to others desperately trying to get the last word in. Your acting like a little Terrier barking at the car and chasing it down the street. You’re triggered.

You want to be ‘right’ so bad… and you think taking down a big prey will give you a little significance. 

You want to know how I know?

Heinicke is 6-1.  They’re winning with him….. you can argue there might be other reasons as well…. but there’s absolutely no verifiable way to qualify/quantify how much of an impact Heinicke has had in each victory.

I think it’s more, you think it’s less. We have differing opinions.

But you’re making this to be about ‘right’ or ‘wrong’, with something that cannot be measured in a vacuum and is basically completely subjective. How do you quantify the impact of all co-factors like personnel changes in a multi-personnel unit or game plans specific to players or opponents??

And while I have shared my opinions, I have allowed every other member in this thread to share respectfully (like say, without questioning ones sexuality).

There’s no right or wrong here. That’s the only truth. That you think so is where you’re ultimately/fundamentally wrong. And it’s the hill  that your ego is willing to die on. This isn’t about ‘manhood’ as you inferred. Ftr, admitting a mistake has nothing to do with one’s sexuality - but rather about ‘maturity’. And no one lives in that state in perpetuity.

I find it perplexing that you’re so incredulous  that Heiny can galvanize a unit/team… but yet you’ll give credit to JDR to turning Davis’ season/career around by critizing him in the media.

Rivera is going to get fired, as all HC’s except belichek do. And most will never get another opportunity.  Because every coach eventually makes more mistakes than not.

At this point, it’s all white noise to me until Snyder sells the team.

Heinicke is not 6-1. He’s 5-1.  Hopefully he’s 6-1 on Sunday afternoon.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The team “playing for” Taylor Heinicke as the reason for the teams success is strictly opinion.

Actually, both sides are opinion. Nobody knows what would have happened otherwise but with Wince and the offense putting up 6 points vs the Bears in his last game surely wasn't a good sign for the future if he hadn't gotten hurt. 

In the games since that one, Chicago has given up an average of over 30 points per game. Wince passed for 99 yards. Seems even Sub-Heine. 

The main difference is Wince costs 10x more to produce almost nothing after the Jags game in Wk1. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Actually, both sides are opinion. Nobody knows what would have happened otherwise but with Wince and the offense putting up 6 points vs the Bears in his last game surely wasn't a good sign for the future if he hadn't gotten hurt. 

In the games since that one, Chicago has given up an average of over 30 points per game. Wince passed for 99 yards. Seems even Sub-Heine. 

The main difference is Wince costs 10x more to produce almost nothing after the Jags game in Wk1. 

I’ll stick with actual visible changes based on real life events as opposed to a theory that a bunch of grown men, who don’t care about their coach according to big prey, all the sudden started playing better because Taylor Heinicke is playing QB.  

30 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

Uhh you guys know Die Hard founded this very site site that you’re arguing with him on, right?

Doesn't mean he can't be wrong. I mean Art was one of the co-founders too and he was a Snyder apologist until the very end.

10 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

Wince passed for 99 yards.

Didn't he have a broken finger too? 

It was also horrible conditions on a Thursday night.

• Like 3

That sort of thing is why this team would be fascinating in a Hard Knocks appearance. Imagine they continue this streak and have a good showing in the Wildcard round. New ownership could get the positive NFL propaganda machine working in their favor with the easiest slow pitch home run of all time by just detailing all of the changes they’re making. On the football side you’ve got an extremely established Rivera leading his mean amongst the subsiding chaos, the stalwart holdover in a franchise experiencing total change otherwise. Tons of team leaders and exciting young players, in this hypothetical they’re coming off a season that revealed what appears to be a real culture change. QB drama of course. 

Lot of upside for a pick like this if the NFL wants to highlight the new owner, if the new owner isn’t allergic to the spotlight and wants a hot start with the league and fans. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Doesn't mean he can't be wrong. I mean Art was one of the co-founders too and he was a Snyder apologist until the very end.

What’s the best cake? Cheesecake Or chocolate mousse?

There’s opinions (subjectivity) and then there’s inherent truths. You can disagree with an opinion… doesn’t make it wrong. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Conn said:

That sort of thing is why this team would be fascinating in a Hard Knocks appearance. Imagine they continue this streak and have a good showing in the Wildcard round. New ownership could get the positive NFL propaganda machine working in their favor with the easiest slow pitch home run of all time by just detailing all of the changes they’re making. On the football side you’ve got an extremely established Rivera leading his mean amongst the subsiding chaos, the stalwart holdover in a franchise experiencing total change otherwise. Tons of team leaders and exciting young players, in this hypothetical they’re coming off a season that revealed what appears to be a real culture change. QB drama of course. 

Lot of upside for a pick like this if the NFL wants to highlight the new owner, if the new owner isn’t allergic to the spotlight and wants a hot start with the league and fans. 

I personally have always wanted my team to be on Hard Knocks, but if you're a playoff team you're exempt and you just know Rivera would want no part of that. 

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I personally have always wanted my team to be on Hard Knocks, but if you're a playoff team you're exempt and you just know Rivera would want no part of that. 

I'd love to see this team on Hard Knocks as well.  

I know teams with a new head coach are also exempt...I wonder if that also extends to new ownership?

42 minutes ago, Conn said:

Not appealing for tv. Chaos will b e gone by next season.

14 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Same, and you’re probably right. But in the end it would be up to the new owner, depending on the timing of all that. I’m thinking of a situation similar to when the Rams moved to LA and the NFL wanted to showcase that whole thing—a new owner coming in to save a storied franchise is a pretty big story. Depends on if the new owner wants to be a part of that and exploit that, but it would be a pretty good first step in beginning to salvage this market and elevate our national profile again. And a pretty safe endeavor given the steadiness of Rivera, if this season ends on an upswing like we’re all hoping. The timing may be better in a future season when the new stadium opens and the new owner is more settled, with “his people” in place. Probably not a reasonable expectation given how quickly the big offseason events approach and the timeline of the sale.

3 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Not appealing for tv. Chaos will b e gone by next season.

As usual you don’t really know what you’re talking about and speak it confidently anyways. Hard Knocks is hardcore NFL propaganda, it really doesn’t thrive off of chaos but off of feel-good narratives and hope for the coming season amidst whatever adversity. It’s not some tell-all drama fest 99% of the time. It’s a very controlled narrative from the team and NFL.

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1

On Friday Loverro tweeted about the retirement of Sonny's number at the Dallas game. Thom reached out to Billy Kilmer who said he'd like to go to the ceremony, but had not been contacted by the team yet. Billy did say he was invited to the Alumni weekend, but couldn't make it. The Commanders told Loverro that they are working on inviting people. Seems like something you would've arranged earlier?

24 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

On Friday Loverro tweeted about the retirement of Sonny's number at the Dallas game. Thom reached out to Billy Kilmer who said he'd like to go to the ceremony, but had not been contacted by the team yet. Billy did say he was invited to the Alumni weekend, but couldn't make it. The Commanders told Loverro that they are working on inviting people. Seems like something you would've arranged earlier?

For an organization not lead by doofus dan or Jason Wrong, absolutely. But, alas……………

• Thanks 1