Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Re: Snyder and being "hands on" when it comes to operations...

This really can't be debated anymore. We still find fans who dispute this and claim that unless there's "proof" or a smoking gun that he's involved, it's probably not happening anymore. But there are just too many former employees and too much circumstantial evidence all the way up through the late 20-teens for anyone to reasonably bother denying it any longer. The guy IS the reason this organization spiraled out of control for 20 years. He IS the primary reason women were mistreated and employees were bullied. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I’d place a large wager that Rivera hasn’t read the reports or even attempted to digest much of it at all.  I’d also bet that he’s been lied to by Dan continuously about his involvement in everything.    I guarantee you the same story he’s given the committee is the same story he’s told Ron.  It wasn’t me, I’m guilty of not being involved enough, yadda yadda yadda.  Ron with a job to do probably doesn’t involve himself in it and only concerns himself with what he needs to do.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’d place a large wager that Rivera hasn’t read the reports or even attempted to digest much of it at all.  I’d also bet that he’s been lied to by Dan continuously about his involvement in everything.    I guarantee you the same story he’s given the committee is the same story he’s told Ron.  It wasn’t me, I’m guilty of not being involved enough, yadda yadda yadda.  Ron with a job to do probably doesn’t involve himself in it and only concerns himself with what he needs to do.

Yeah agree.  Ron and Gibbs are the perfect people for Dan to snow because Ron and Gibbs are so honest and straight that I think they struggle to read someone like Dan.

• Like 4

Ron HAS made the organization a better place than when he first got there. There's only so far you can go when the problem starts (and essentially ends) at the top.

Sadly, if Snyder does manage to stick around, it'll somehow end badly with Ron just like it has with every coach other than Gibbs. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/13/2022 at 4:36 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah agree.  Ron and Gibbs are the perfect people for Dan to snow because Ron and Gibbs are so honest and straight that I think they struggle to read someone like Dan.

I think there's also a Need To Know purposeful ignorance. Rivera can't do **** about **** regarding all of this, so why bother getting into it? It's a smart decision. It costs resources and produces no benefits because there is literally nothing he can do.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

I think there's also a Need To Know purposeful ignorance. Rivera can't do **** about **** regarding all of this, so why bother getting into it? It's a smart decision. It costs resources and produces no benefits because there is literally nothing he can do.

I had this reaction too. If it isn't football related, he doesn't, and shouldn't, give a rat's ass.

42 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I had this reaction too. If it isn't football related, he doesn't, and shouldn't, give a rat's ass.

I think that's easier said than done. He's going to be asked, time and again, about the non-football things that continually swirl around Snyder's team. Unless he's going to always avoid engaging in those discussions, he's going to be caught in some level of hypocrisy. 

"Coach, why did you feel it was appropriate to comment on the importance of your players' right to stand up for social justice, yet you don't think it's important enough to give the victims of sexual harassment and workplace bullying - which occurred here in THIS BUILDING - a voice?"

It's just a hornet's nest of trouble with reporters unless he's going to turn into Belichick and say "we're onto Philadelphia" about anything that isn't football-related. 

• Thanks 1

I mean, that comes with the territory when you’re the top executive made available to the press. Rivera is the head of this organization, if they don’t want him getting these questions they need to make Jason Wright or someone else available for comment. 

• Like 4

NFL officials have informed the owners of the league's 32 franchises that teams have spent $800 million on fired coaches and front-office executives over the past five years, league sources told ESPN. The message, delivered this past week at the owners' meetings in Dallas, was sent by the league as a reminder that as some franchises mull significant changes at the end of the season, hundreds of millions of dollars have been squandered recently by teams that may need to act more patiently and less hastily. NFL officials went so far as to compose individual spread sheets specific to each team, the employees they fired and the costs incurred by the team, according to sources. The league wanted each team to see the exact costs of instability, and the employees that they paid for services no longer rendered.

May be an image of 1 person

This is from a facebook post, so no link, but found it really interesting. I don't think we'd really be high up on that, as we've been bad with stability until the Ron Era.

They basically just read the boards here and implemented all the stuff we said they were brain-dead for not getting right in the first place. Tape on mask, taped ankles, non-Nike jersey. Still lame as hell, as they quietly “fix” their own mistakes. 

Edited by Conn
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

45 minutes ago, Conn said:

They basically just read the boards here and implemented all the stuff we said they were brain-dead for not getting right in the first place. Tape on mask, taped ankles, non-Nike jersey. Still lame as hell, as they quietly “fix” their own mistakes. 

Yup. Embarrassing they got it wrong in the first place.

They even left it open to future changes in case they forgot something again. Total joke.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Conn said:

I swear, this organization is as incompetent as ever.  They simply cannot get anything right.  It's still not a damn statue.  It's a freaking wire mannequin.  And they stated that they will continue to make improvements on the memorial as time goes by.  You can't get it right the first few times?  

I hate this organization with a passion.  Please, for the love of all that is holy, Snyder better sell.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Redwards said:

I hate this organization with a passion.  Please, for the love of all that is holy, Snyder better sell.

It’s tough man.  Tough to separate the org from the guys in the locker room.  I genuinely like Rivera and this roster.  Not that Rivera or the roster don’t have their faults, clearly they do.  I just like them.  If they weren’t owned by the POS I despise, it’d be easy to get behind them more and invest.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Well this is a truly horrendous position, in all honesty we should fire Ron for as much as he wouldn’t let us tank, he ain’t gonna let you win either he’s as .500 as your ever gonna see in the NFL

But … you probably can’t have Dan picking another head coach so close to a potential sale

Ron’s a good guy, Taylor’s a good guy, but beneath all that are two guys who are to put it bluntly poor at their jobs

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

RR is a terrible in-game decision-maker. Terrible! I get (and appreciate) that he's led this group through some absurd distractions, but on Sundays he's not cutting it. I really don't want to sit through another damn season with him as HC, especially since he'd likely remain loyal to turner and keep him as OC. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Well this is a truly horrendous position, in all honesty we should fire Ron for as much as he wouldn’t let us tank, he ain’t gonna let you win either he’s as .500 as your ever gonna see in the NFL

But … you probably can’t have Dan picking another head coach so close to a potential sale

Ron’s a good guy, Taylor’s a good guy, but beneath all that are two guys who are to put it bluntly poor at their jobs

That’s why I think you keep him.  Hopefully a sale is done during the 23 season so they can get their GM in place and make a coaching hire.  I just can’t see a sale going through in time to get things set up correctly for ‘23.

5 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

That’s why I think you keep him.  Hopefully a sale is done during the 23 season so they can get their GM in place and make a coaching hire.  I just can’t see a sale going through in time to get things set up correctly for ‘23.

Yep this crew gets one more year with a schedule against the NFC West, AFC East, the Broncos among others