Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

2 hours ago, Busch1724 said:

I hope Dan leaked the info about Jerry, and is wrong. That may be the nail entering the coffin. 

Ohhh that would be so sweet!

Jerry already looked like he was taking a "proof of life" hostage photo with his captors in that pregame picture.

If it now turns out that Snyder was in any way involved in leaking this story Jerry is gonna turn into a raging bull and when he looks at Little Danny all he's gonna see is red.

image.png.a00d44fcdbc4dd61feaa8b817f627d5b.png

Howie Roseman simply understood that a QB on a rookie contract has the potential to be exceedingly more valuable than someone like Wentz, a mid-tier QB with a hefty-ish price tag all the while keeping an eye on the fact that the MOST valuable asset in the NFL is and will ALWAYS be draft picks.  

There's some risk involved, there's always some risk involved.  If Hurts ****s the bed, the Eagles aren't as good and Roseman probably isn't being viewed this way.  But when you're the GM and place value where the value is (QBs on rookie deals and draft picks) the moves become more clear.

We've never had a GM like that.  And we probably never will as long as ******** Snyder is running things.  **** i am so ****ING sick of him.  ****ing meddling piece of ****, can't keep his hands off the team.  Time and time again we're told that he's going to let his football people do the work, we don't believe it and surprise, surprise, we find out later he's behind splashy moves.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

53 minutes ago, RFK Lives said:

image.jpeg.5cccec921f39a5450e075f75c48ae47f.jpeg

See if you can guess which one represents the Commanders.

Way too much credit.

Hi-Ho! Cherry-O

Strato Chess   -

33 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Howie Roseman simply understood that a QB on a rookie contract has the potential to be exceedingly more valuable than someone like Wentz, a mid-tier QB with a hefty-ish price tag all the while keeping an eye on the fact that the MOST valuable asset in the NFL is and will ALWAYS be draft picks.  

There's some risk involved, there's always some risk involved.  If Hurts ****s the bed, the Eagles aren't as good and Roseman probably isn't being viewed this way.  But when you're the GM and place value where the value is (QBs on rookie deals and draft picks) the moves become more clear.

We've never had a GM like that.  And we probably never will as long as ******** Snyder is running things.  **** i am so ****ING sick of him.  ****ing meddling piece of ****, can't keep his hands off the team.  Time and time again we're told that he's going to let his football people do the work, we don't believe it and surprise, surprise, we find out later he's behind splashy moves.

Well, at least we weren't Chris Ballard in this scenario...

Avengers Endgame Hulk GIF - Avengers Endgame Hulk Bruce Banner - Discover &  Share GIFs

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

And hes not afraid to have a step back season. Thats what has submarined this franchise for 25 years. If we have to take a step back even if it means taking 3 steps forward the following season its never done. Theres zero long term plannin.g

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

And hes not afraid to have a step back season. Thats what has submarined this franchise for 25 years. If we have to take a step back even if it means taking 3 steps forward the following season its never done. Theres zero long term plannin.g

That's right.  They're always trying to sell the idea that THIS COULD BE THE YEAR WE CAN WIN THIS YEAR.  

It's ****ing insulting.

• Thumb up 2

37 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

That's right.  They're always trying to sell the idea that THIS COULD BE THE YEAR WE CAN WIN THIS YEAR.  

It's ****ing insulting.

And a lot of people have been licking it up for most of these 23 years. 

Feature-Image-of-dog-eating-poop..jpg

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

The NFL should have NEVER allowed someone so young as 34 to become an NFL owner...I don't care how much money a person that age has, there is a certain maturity that is lacking at that age that would be present in older billionaires. In Snyder's case, it was compounded by the fact that he never went to any kind of business school and dropped out of college, so he never really learned anything about working with other people on a professional, rather than authoritarian, level. Most of his money was made through aggressive acquisitions of smaller companies, which doesn't really require any negotiation skills when you're in an advantageous position, so it's not surprising he would be so bull-headed once he bought his treasured NFL team.

I've been asking myself for years how bad Millstein must have been for them to decide that Snyder was a better option?

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm not feelin this.

His job is to critique the product on the field, going to the root cause of it being Dan's fault for everything is giving him ultimate responsibility but not neccesarily true why everything is going wrong on the field.

The players still have to play and the coaches still have to coach regardless of the owner.  We've had one bad coach after the other that either forces the team to do something it's not built to do and or can't get the most out of what they have.

Him giving examples of other teams doing this every year is not saying every team figures it out except us, it's why aren't we ever that team that figures it out no matter what?  2020 is an example of team that made it work at some point and he gave then credit for that and called them out when they losing before pushing forward into the playoffs.

I'm not buying its a shtick at all and he wouldn't get very far bypassing his job as a football analyst to go on a crusade against a billionaire everytime he gets a mic in his face.

I am not feeling your point either.  But its cool,  to each their own.

I like Brian Mitchell.  Some here don't.  But I like him as a radio personality.  i don't think much of his anaylsis though but I think its fine because its not what he majors in on the air. But when he criticizes, it's usually the same exact criticism regime after regime and he doesn't really dive deep into the weeds on any of it.  It's just that teams don't lose a beat with injuries (as an observer of the NFL that's BS plenty of teams do suffer when they get hampered by injuries) but this team does.  Other teams coach up their backups.  This team does not.  And other teams kill it with half-time adjustments, and this team doesn't adjust.  They are all more or less bad play callers.  I recall his rants about how bad Kyle Shanahan he thought was at calling plays among other things. 

You suggest that maybe he's referencing that some teams do and we aren't among those some teams.  Maybe that's what he means but he doesn't really phrase it that way when he talks but its possible that what he means. 

I don't buy its schtick either.  I think he genuinely believes Dan Synder isn't a problem as an owner.  And he believes that Dan's main weaknesses is simply bad coach after bad coach. 

Among all the radio personalities who cover the team, he actually is the most pro Dan from the context of he doesn't really come down hard on him.  It's not that he likes Dan but he thinks the Dan is a problem that's holding back this franchise is overplayed and Dan is unfairly scapegoated.  So he would be more or less among the few people here that push back on the Dan criticism if he was on this thread -- not that he likes Dan but he's not really that down on him either.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

@Skinsinparadise

If you honestly believe BMitch doesn't think Snyder is the core issue here, I can see why your view of his is so flawed.

I've talked to him in person, so I have a very different take based on what he felt he could say in his capacity doing the post-game show at the stadium, so my advice would be go to a game and run downstairs right before it's over and post-game show starts and ask him that yourself.

The set is right at one of the end zones at the top of the stairs of the 100s (I forget which endzone, but he takes pictures and answers questions just like Santana, Julie's pretty busy even right before show starts)

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

my advice would be go to a game and run downstairs right before it's over and post-game show starts and ask him that yourself.

The set is right at one of the end zones at the top of the stairs of the 100s

That is quite an epic quest and a lot of pain and suffering just to hear Mitchell scream and yell about Doofus Dan just like most of us do on here everyday.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

That is quite an epic quest and a lot of pain and suffering just to hear Mitchell scream and yell about Doofus Dan just like most of us do on here everyday.

I'm in shock anyone believes anyone in DC media hasn't figured out the common issue with this franchise since Dan bought the team.

Im convinced even Dan knows that, and why he's still out to prove everyone wrong.

BMitch ain't out here carrying Dan's water, almost in disbelief anyone really believes that.

• Like 1