Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

I don’t feel bad for him. He’s a piece of crap that has stomped on a ton of people to get to where he is. I hope his health disintegrates before our eyes. He’s a hateful person and he deserves the worst. Maybe this is all finally taking its toll on him. This is not based on the fact that we are a loser franchise, but based on the fact that he’s a complete turd.

I hate all people that step on others for their personal gain. I wish them all the worst. I have zero tolerance for crap people. 

• Like 8
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

I honestly feel bad for the guy.  If that's what riches do to you, hard pass.  Someone should really advise him to sell for his health.  He looks like a man in serious decline.  Nothing is worth your life and peace of mind. 

I get the sense that he is hell bent he is not going to be beaten and run off.  Snyder is a self-made man, not from old money.  His entire life he has built himself up to try to show that he belongs at that table.  I wish he would sell.  Everybody would be better off.    

2 hours ago, Going Commando said:

I take Ron at his word on the choice to go with Wentz.  I think it was his decision because he has vehemently said it was, and I absolutely do not have a problem with him getting fired up in defense of his quarterback.  That's exactly what a coach should do, I don't want them ****ing playing politics and hedging just to look better in the media. 

But I also don't think the decision go with Wentz is an L for Ron, and saying that it was is majorly jumping the gun.  Yeah, I'm not happy with the price we paid in the trade given what other teams paid for their reclamation QBs, but we needed to pick a direction at QB and commit to it.  And yeah, I'm not happy about how he's played so far and his issues with short game accuracy are really frustrating.  I have sympathy for why he is struggling--it's the combination of growing pains learning a new set of teammates and a new system + the complete collapse of the OL.  It is natural that a QB struggles under those circumstances.

I see why they liked Wentz.  He is so explosive throwing the ball down field (I guarantee you Terry or Jahan catches that gorgeous deep strike over the seam and score a TD, Curtis just doesn't have good downfield ball skills).  He's truly tough and plays through some pretty wild injuries.  And I think he's got some real leadership qualities, which is what this offense has needed more than anything else.

I actually kind of like our QB room and I think it has potential.  I love our RB and WR rooms and think they have big potential.  I think the dysfunction of the offense really comes down to the weakness of Scott Turner as an OC and playcaller and the collapse of the offensive line.  And I think you can fix both of those issues in the offseason and get the offense where it needs to be in order to win games and save Rivera's job.

If am going glass half full, pass rush even without Chase might be living up to their hype

22 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

I honestly feel bad for the guy.  If that's what riches do to you, hard pass.  Someone should really advise him to sell for his health.  He looks like a man in serious decline.  Nothing is worth your life and peace of mind. 

james franco GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

55 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Dan Snyder is a **** person. He doesn't deserve sympathy for all the terrible things he's done to individual people, the fans, and this franchise.

Nobody’s saying he does. I think what me and a couple other people mean is we feel bad for how he looks physically. Those are, and can be, two completely seperate thoughts for a person to have, and there’s nothing wrong with that 

oh look, a drive-by thumbs down again……attacking me just to attack me. just sad at this point. Whatever, @86 Snyder. Whatever. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Thumb down 3

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

Looks like an intervention coupled with denial. Why are they leaning on him?  He is not well.

Agreed 

He looks absolutely pathetic and lost.

If this was about anyone else on the planet I might actually feel sorry for him.

But damnit he did this to himself and he certainly enjoyed lording over others when he had the upperhand. 

Consider his list of unwritten rules for employees:

1. Don't go to the rest room while I'm on your floor

2. Wear stilletto heels, a lowcut dress, and a pushup bra to work.

3. If I walk past you in the hallway ou will look down at the floor with your hands clasped behind your back and NEVER look at me directly in the eyes.

4. You will always address me as MISTER Snyder

5. etc etc.

He needs tough love. Uncompromising tough love right now.

And he needs to sell the team.

Until he does I hope he suffers bitterly without reprieve.

• Like 4

Dan Snyder is a vile piece of **** billionaire villain.  Try and hold him accountable for any of the bad **** he does and he'll have his scumbag lawyers send an army of scumbag PIs to harass and intimidate you into compliance.  He is the worst of us, and probably would be sitting in prison if he wasn't protected by his obscene wealth and privilege.  Why in the Hell would anyone feel sorry for him?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, lovemaskins said:

............Thats not what riches do to you.

If he is pushed to sell, which seems like he’s not willing to do, or he just gets ousted, I genuinely wonder if Bezos is the new owner. Has to be, right? He wants it. League would just open the doors for him right?

Also, after HQ2, and the investments from Amazon into Nova and DC MSA in general, he will get whatever stadium wherever he wants it. And it would probably move VERY quickly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lovemaskins said:

It’s what arrogance and entitlement do to you. 

It’s what being a bully does to you. 

and before you feel too bad for him - reflect on just how awful he’s treated people and how much of an asshole he is. 

They were filing cheerleaders changing, without their knowledge. And circulating it around. 

They made public (to the rest of the company) mockeries of staff

Listening to Sheehan and Lovero the other day - it’s actually quite bizarre we don’t have at least one story of someone coming over the table and beating the **** out of this guy. But, he does travel with an entourage of body guards. 

unfortunately the law and the fact that many people try to be decent, as well as his access to money, will prevent him from getting what he actually deserves. 

At some point you have to just come to grips that he’s an awful, awful person. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If am going glass half full, pass rush even without Chase might be living up to their hype

you don't see the stats where Sweat fails to contain and the qb/rb gets the edge..He's so hell bent on rushing he is an easy patsy for a 1st down run. He almost cost the game yesterday not sealing the outside. The whole game I watched him do that..

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

It’s what arrogance and entitlement do to you. 

It’s what being a bully does to you. 

and before you feel too bad for him - reflect on just how awful he’s treated people and how much of an asshole he is. 

They were filing cheerleaders changing, without their knowledge. And circulating it around. 

They made public (to the rest of the company) mockeries of staff

Listening to Sheehan and Lovero the other day - it’s actually quite bizarre we don’t have at least one story of someone coming over the table and beating the **** out of this guy. But, he does travel with an entourage of body guards. 

unfortunately the law and the fact that many people try to be decent, as well as his access to money, will prevent him from getting what he actually deserves. 

At some point you have to just come to grips that he’s an awful, awful person. 

Let's not forget that just about everyone who has left this organization has left on bad terms, with negative, calculated leaks coming out after their departures.

Maybe Snyder will have a Scrooge-like epiphany after he met the third ghost...but I wouldn't count on it.

49 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Nobody’s saying he does. I think what me and a couple other people mean is we feel bad for how he looks physically. Those are, and can be, two completely seperate thoughts for a person to have, and there’s nothing wrong with that 

Maybe he should hit the Gym on his personal yacht and stay away from the team. 

4 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I can’t help but have empathy for folks that coach here.  I get it - they get paid a lot of money to deal with this stuff.

But to be fair, everyone takes this job with this positive attitude that they are going to be the one to change it all.  I’m sure Dan has these guys at hello, talking about coach centric.  In their own minds they really believe they can turn this thing around.  

You keep trying to sell yourself on that.  But you will never be able to muster the passion you had for this team with the Ravens.  You can pretend to.  

It’s sort of like when a guy loses the love of his life.  Starts dating the new girl, she’s younger, hotter and does all the things his wife stopped doing.  He keeps trying to tell himself the new girl is so much better, but still yearns for the old bag no matter what.

Oh I have readily admitted that I'll never have the passion for the Ravens that I once had for the Redskins. But it's nice to follow a team that is actually fun to watch and is respected.  Now don't get me wrong, if Snyder is gone I will return immediately.  But I've wasted enough of my time and energy on Snyder's team.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Going Commando said:

I take Ron at his word on the choice to go with Wentz.  I think it was his decision because he has vehemently said it was, and I absolutely do not have a problem with him getting fired up in defense of his quarterback.  That's exactly what a coach should do, I don't want them ****ing playing politics and hedging just to look better in the media. 

Interestingly enough, according to Keim, Joe Gibbs actually helped Ron search for a QB and end up with Wentz. They even discussed trying to get Andrew Luck out of retirement. Apparently Gibbs was also important in selling Ron on taking the Commanders job.

I've never understood why Joe has always been so positive on Snyder, even apparently as recently as this past off season. 

https://riggosrag.com/2022/03/21/coaching-legend-joe-gibbs-assisted-ron-rivera-commanders-qb-search/

>>....As a result, Rivera and Gibbs made a shortlist of eight QBs, which included Aaron Rodgers and the  recently-traded Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson. They even pondered whether Andrew Luck would come out of retirement, but that conversation, as you might have expected, reached a dead end rather quickly.

After realizing that quartet of elite quarterbacks were pipe dreams, Gibbs and Rivera ultimately stumbled across Wentz, whom Keim notes didn’t come available until after the 2022 NFL Scouting Combine...<<

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/joe-gibbs-told-ron-rivera-dan-snyder-was-never-interference-while-he-coached-redskins