Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

4 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Like I said, MJW has all the Wilkinson stuff and more. Dude should be worried about losing the team AND his wife. She will clean him out in a divorce, if it comes to that. Toast. 

I said as soon as the NFL announced the MJW report would be public that he was in serious trouble. With the leaks that Wilkinson was recommending he should sell and the accusations that were already floating around, there was no way the NFL can have MJW come back and say I checked it out and Dan is clean.  This report is going to be ugly when it comes out and it might very well be the death knell for him professionally and personally as well.  I don’t know how if you’re in his shoes you don’t agree to sell in exchange for this all to be kept under wraps. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, tshile said:

...as for Al Michaels - some of you are missing the point. The point is not that Snyder will wake up and go “well **** if Al Michaels said I need to sell the team then…”

The point is that the NFL is a giant, multi billion dollar business. And as such they have giant, multi-billion dollar business partners. One those is ESPN who paid billions for TV rights. Another is Amazon, who also paid billions in TV rights. And in one of TWO prime time games we have all year, the one business partner dropped an incredibly damaging article the morning of the game, and the other ripped into the org during pregame with that story and recounting all the damaging investigations going on. Which was capped off by Michaels saying what he said which included that the NFL wants him out, and that “obviously” he’s bad for business. 

That’s not a ****ing coincidence in multi billion dollar business relationships. ESPN and Amazon do not take the NFL’s platform (which is their prime time games) and eviscerate one of their owners as a normal way of going about their business. They did it because they knew the NFL wouldn’t get mad at them; they did it, I presume, because they know that outside of Snyder the rest of the owners wants this done. 

They did it because the best way to deal with Snyder fighting back when they throw him out, is to make him out to be the most evil piece of ****, to make it so literally NO ONE likes him. NO ONE wants to go to bat for him. And NO ONE will give anything he says or does any thought or credence. 

This is a professional take down.

I have no reason to believe they will vote next week at their meeting. 

But they are scheduled to review the latest investigation and report. And now they have it out there than “snyder thinks they won’t kick him out cause their scared he’ll release their secrets”, which allows for this narrative:

the report is so damning, and people think if we don’t kick him out it’s because we’re all pieces of **** too and he’ll expose us, so now we have to kick him out. 

im over the top bought in on this theory and spent all night celebrating that the football game sucked so bad it couldn’t even be a distraction for him. My reaction when Michaels said that - you’d thought we just won the super bowl. 

so maybe I’m super crazily wrong. 

but I’m pretty sure you’re seeing the start of the end of the story that is Snyders tenure as owner of this team. This is how competent people get rid of pieces of ****. 

Outstanding post and certainly deserving of more than a mere emoji.

With gratitude the committee unanimously awards you the highest most coveted honor within our power to bestow....

image.png.5d390107b11607ba8936c0065cc02ac5.png

The bowing gentleman award.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

See stuff like this is just horse****. He’s getting disingenuous as time goes by and he gets more flustered. This had nothing to do with those penalties. At least one of them all 12 players were lined up, it wasn’t some sort of sneaky substitution failure they were caught in. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

13 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

^ I wish I got one of those awards….. 

Sad Baby GIF

The committee, contrary to reports, is not without compassion and has had its eyes on you and your unique contributions to the forum for some time.

We just concluded an emergency session to discuss your case and I am pleased to announce that you are the first official recipient of the following honor...

image.png.332f91aa5fd5b6730e634775032e7185.png

The Squatting Canine award.

😉

• Haha 26
  • Sad 1

Hmmph! I think I make great contributions here, with my newly found hatred of Snyder and my overall disgust towards this trash franchise :) 

Attacking me once again @86 Snyder? Give it up. Good lord.   If this posts doesn’t show anyone else how clear it is that this guy attacks me for zero reason other than “Cooleyfan sucks, must drive-by his posts every time”, I don’t know what will. It’s just sad. Just put me on ignore, cause this is ridiculous😡

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, Conn said:

See stuff like this is just horse****. He’s getting disingenuous as time goes by and he gets more flustered. This had nothing to do with those penalties. At least one of them all 12 players were lined up, it wasn’t some sort of sneaky substitution failure they were caught in. 

So he’s saying he was out coached by a first year coach and is grasping at straws. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Does Snyder really want to start something against 30* people who are all richer than he is, smarter than he is, and have better lawyers? Green Bay gets the asterisk, of course.

This doofus apparently thinks he can play all of them with his cheapo PI stuff.

• Thumb up 3

31 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Seriously, I only mess around with people I like.  Consider that the best award of all.

stealing this as a pickup line

(or I would if I wasn’t married)

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, tshile said:

as for Al Michaels - some of you are missing the point. The point is not that Snyder will wake up and go “well **** if Al Michaels said I need to sell the team then…”

The point is that the NFL is a giant, multi billion dollar business. And as such they have giant, multi-billion dollar business partners. One those is ESPN who paid billions for TV rights. Another is Amazon, who also paid billions in TV rights. And in one of TWO prime time games we have all year, the one business partner dropped an incredibly damaging article the morning of the game, and the other ripped into the org during pregame with that story and recounting all the damaging investigations going on. Which was capped off by Michaels saying what he said which included that the NFL wants him out, and that “obviously” he’s bad for business. 

I'm pretty sure that Dan sailing on his yacht while Roger was protecting his ass testifying in front of the Committee went a long way against Dan and the recent events.

As you said, no way Amazon and ESPN goes that far without clearance from NFL and Goodell.

We can all get our popcorns ready and wait for Jumbo or TK to place a Ban Dan Hammer when that happens on this site :)

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

6 hours ago, profusion said:

Does Snyder really want to start something against 30* people who are all richer than he is, smarter than he is, and have better lawyers? Green Bay gets the asterisk, of course.

This doofus apparently thinks he can play all of them with his cheapo PI stuff.

Like I've been saying for years. Doofus Dan very likely is going to be the first Owner of a major sports team to get his own Scooby-Doo ending.

• Haha 3

That article is garbage. It’s got like one thing of supposed news which is just rappaport’s tweet worded slightly different.  Then it’s just a generic short summary of everything. Clickbait. 

and further more that initial report is garbage anyways

”it’s not on the agenda”

what the **** does that even mean?

if they decide mid meeting to talk about it or hold a vote, guess what - now it’s on the agenda. 

I mean who the hell has ever been in a meeting where someone brings up a critical issue that’s tied to the core of the organization and everyone went “nah man that’s not on the agenda. You gotta wait till next meeting”

im not saying they will vote but I bet it’s gonna be super awkward and these reports don’t mean a single ****ing thing about any of it. 

Edited by tshile
  • Thumb up 5

10 hours ago, rockluc said:

I don’t know how if you’re in his shoes you don’t agree to sell in exchange for this all to be kept under wraps. 

Why?  It might be because all of his other businesses fail spectacularly and owning an NFL team is a license to print money no matter how badly you run it.  He’s far too rich to ever be middle class again, but when you’ve lived as a billionaire I imagine the idea of being an anonymous millionaire no one trusts, likes, or cares about seems like a horrible fate.  He probably realizes that without the team his future is much less bright, even if he would never admit it.

and his wife probably realizes this too. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Destino said:

Why?  It might be because all of his other businesses fail spectacularly and owning an NFL team is a license to print money no matter how badly you run it.  He’s far too rich to ever be middle class again, but when you’ve lived as a billionaire I imagine the idea of being an anonymous millionaire no one trusts, likes, or matters to anyone seems like a horrible fate.  He probably realizes that without the team his future is much less bright, even if he would never admit it.

and his wife probably realizes this too. 

Yeah, exactly this.  The only thing Dan has left in this life is the respect and power of being an NFL owner.  His entire self-worth is now attached to it.  He can create a fake crowd of admirers and those that respect him purely through his ownership of an NFL team.  Look at Jason Wright and the rest of the Front Office staff, supposedly well respected individuals and yet not a one would do anything but respect Snyder in his presence, purely because of who he is and because he hired them.  As long as he owns a team he can pick and choose which yes men to surround himself with and live in his dream world where hes powerful respected and smart.

The moment he sells all of that is gone.

I believe dany boy was never really apreciated by the other owners, and contributed throughout the years to generate mockery and hatered.

He bought the team and was acting like a kid who finally got his hands on the most coveted toy. Then he started meddling with coaches, free agnecy, draft, making bad decisions on top of anoher to the point that after a couple of decades he is really hated. I'm wondering why those owners would ever share their most dirty laundry with him ? Besides that he will have to bring evidences to backup his claims. If he wants to go scorched earth guns blazing he better have real ammos not blank shots. Ultimately time will tell, the sooner the better.

Edited by FrFan

21 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

I think Turners creativity is being held back by Rivera. Young mind being told to run the ball between the tackles more.

How many good young minds are we going to let go through here without admitting maybe they are ok and our organization makes them look like idiots?

I bash Scott like the rest of us but hell Dan could be influencing play calling for all we know. We know he certainly helps pick personnel which directly influences play calling.

Cooley does good takes over the years.  His take in some of his game reports this year is a key problem with the offense leading into the Bears game is they throw too much.  Teams daring them to run and they throw anyway. Leading into the Bears games, they threw the ball 67% of the time (3rd in the league as to pass %).  Eagles cuing in on their tendencies to throw on first down and just teed off on Wentz.  The lack of balance coupled with this offensive line being a much better run blocking unit versus pass blocking unit in his mind -- he was mystified by the approach and iuts part of the reason why the offensive line has looked horrendous and Wentz has been sacked so much.  Turner calling plays like Wentz has the Hogs protecting him. 

From what I've read Ron doesn't micromanage either unit to a fault -- but if that's changed and he's messing with the units now to tell them to run the freaking ball more -- its hell yes an endorsement from me. 

11 hours ago, TK said:

It was cheaper then flying sideline benches to Chicago. :) 

Another case of Dan cutting back to save money.  :ols:

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1