Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

4 minutes ago, Conn said:

You’re so wrong it’s actually hard to read. It’s only this nonstop, never-ending accumulation of compounding BS stories that are causing all of this. The big scandals have been important obviously, but if it wasn’t for a constant drumbeat of drama and scandals these individual incidents could disappear. We should never be content to let this sit if he’s not gone this year. The fact you’re talking like this just as the tide finally begins to turn in a hopeful way shows that you STILL don’t actually understand what a problem Snyder is even though you’ve been paying lip service to it due to being called out. 

Let me repeat, if you have something that will get rid of him, then do it.   But if all you have is stuff that won't move the needle, I'm not interested.   All that stuff does is hurt the franchise.

I guarantee you that ESPN could have done a story on most owners and found dirt.    

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb down 2

4 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Let me repeat, if you have something that will get rid of him, then do it.   But if all you have is stuff that won't move the needle, I'm not interested.   All that stuff does is hurt the franchise.

I guarantee you that ESPN could have done a story on most owners and found dirt.    

You’re lost. Sorry man, your posts physically pain me to read. 

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

7 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

The same Shanahan what has said repeatedly Snyder forced him to draft RG3 and to change his offense to make him a pocket passer? He had full control tho. 🤪

Next you're going to tell me that it was actually Dan who stood on the table for Grossman and Beck.  Mike was trying to get him off the table.   We must have misunderstood.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Catching lastest Cooley, O line not good, Wenrtz not good, Turner not good. 

Cooley flat out said Turner is not good.  That was his quote.   Among other things, his offense is really vanilla, super easy to prepare for, especially on third down where they basically run the same three plays more or less.  Like Paulsen talked about how often they run shallow crossers. 

Wentz skittish, doesn't throw a catchable ball on short stuff, over throws them, poor touch.   He's not decisive, doesn't seem to go through progressions well -- he wonders if Turner sort of dumbed down the third down plays to adjust to that.  High low -- mesh concepts, crossing routes, all the time.   Defenses are ready for it -- its the same stuff every game. 

O line pass protection reminds him of Spurriers O lines 

Starts with Turner...then O-Line...then Wentz.  

38 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Gibbs, Shanny and Rivera had more control here then they ever had before.   You want to say it wasn't "full"?  fine.  It was a significant amount.

Gibbs never had full control. He's always said the three of them would work together. Shanny constantly fought with Snyder and Allen, and we're already hearing reports of Snyder pushing for Wentz. Standard formula for every coach for the last 23 years.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Yeah, you simply have no idea what you’re talking about.  You’re the deadest of dead wrongs.  It’s so bad you should probably stop forming opinions about literally anything for like 5-10 years.  Just observe the world.  Take copious notes.  Then take those notes to some very wise person (not of your choosing mind you…supervision is required) and ask them to explain it all to you.  Then take another 5-10 years, review those explanations, then come back here and tell us what you’ve learned, ask either me or @Conn if you are on the right track, and when we tell you you’re STILL way off base, just stop watching sports.

Edited by 86 Snyder
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Everyone agrees Snyder sucks but let's not use him as an excuse to remove all accountability from Rivera. The vast majority of this **** show is Ron's fault.

Yeah it’s getting exhausting. Both things can be true. In fact, it’s not an excuse for Danny cause he hired Ron and gave him a ton of control. So it IS still on Dan at the end of the day.

The content on here is way watered down because it’s basically blame Dan for every compononent of every failure and it’s not really worth discussing anything else cause at the end of the day, it’s Dan and everything is his fault. 

This is a horribly coached football team. Jay gruden coached some really bad teams too. Shanny as well with some of those defenses that I promise were not all Dan hand picking guys like Josh Wilson Stephen Bowen and Perry Riley to man the unit. 

Ironically, the talent and depth of the football team has gotten better under Snyder’s tenure as time has gone on. This team is better than their record, but none of it matters cause it’s a poisonous toxic environment that lends itself to nothing but being miserable playing/coaching here. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

Theyre giving him a chance to sell on his own terms.  He won’t.  The MJW report will then be released.  If it’s bad enough, he’s gone.  If it’s bad but not terrible, then it’s up to the stadium chase.

If he’s getting kicked out quickly, it’ll be the MJW report.  If it’s the stadium, it’ll take a few years.

Either way, this mother****er is circling the drain.

The whole stadium being a deciding factor makes zero sense to me.

I mean...think about it: If Snyder somehow got a new stadium, it'd make some money the first year purely on the novelty, like any new stadium would.  But the team would still be a Snyder-owned product and an annual laughingstock/dumpster fire.  The product would not change.  And the following year - or maybe even later the same inaugural season - the revenue dries up again.  Fans are smart; they know if Snyder is still in charge what's gonna come down the pike.  

And the owners would be left in the same exact situation they are in now with Snyder and his gate receipts, etc.  Only it'd be magnified because it's a new stadium that's empty and/or filled with enemy fans.  

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

Yeah it’s getting exhausting. Both things can be true. In fact, it’s not an excuse for Danny cause he hired Ron and gave him a ton of control. So it IS still on Dan at the end of the day.

The content on here is way watered down because it’s basically blame Dan for every compononent of every failure and it’s not really worth discussing anything else cause at the end of the day, it’s Dan and everything is his fault. 

This is a horribly coached football team. Jay gruden coached some really bad teams too. Shanny as well with some of those defenses that I promise were not all Dan hand picking guys like Josh Wilson Stephen Bowen and Perry Riley to man the unit. 

Ironically, the talent and depth of the football team has gotten better under Snyder’s tenure as time has gone on. This team is better than their record, but none of it matters cause it’s a poisonous toxic environment that lends itself to nothing but being miserable playing/coaching here. 

Exactly. Letting Ron be HC & GM and then sucking at personnel decisions is ultimately Dan's fault, but also Ron's fault.

Dan Snyder is not why we replaced Scherff and Flowers with Norwell and Trai Turner. Dan Snyder is not why we let Deandre Carter leave to let Dax Milne make Antwaan Randle El look like Devin Hester. Dan Snyder is not why we signed Will Jackson to play a system ill-suited to his strengths. Should I keep going?   

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Conn said:

We all know on a macro level you’re correct.

But zooming in to the gameday stuff, it’s still also Rivera and his staff. We’re poorly coached, undisciplined, poorly schemed, boring, and honestly not that tough. 

We all want Snyder gone firstly, but we should all also want a clean slate in conjunction with that because this coaching staff and FO are also just bad. Set up for failure? Of course. Also bad. 

Listening to Sheehan he made a point I've thought about as well which is he knows fans of this team who he talks to who wants the whole season to crash and burn -- figuring that might add to angst directed at Dan and lead to his ouster.  i am thinking that's not crazy.  for among other reasons, I recall some beat guys saying the team is hoping a rebound season makes Virginia reconsider pulling the money.  So on that same logic, a crash season might make Virginia even less likely to pony up stadium money.

The ESPN article's authors theorize Dan's future might rest with the stadium and they don't believe he can self-finance and with the 450 million debt he already assumes the NFL might not allow more debt for him.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to Sheehan he made a point I've thought about as well which is he knows fans of this team who he talks to who wants the whole season to crash and burn -- figuring that might add to angst directed at Dan and lead to his ouster.  i am thinking that's not crazy.  for among other reasons, I recall some beat guys saying the team is hoping a rebound season makes Virginia reconsider pulling the money.  So on that same logic, a crash season might make Virginia even less likely to pony up stadium money.

The ESPN article's authors theorize Dan's future might rest with the stadium and they don't believe he can self-finance and with the 450 million debt he already assumes the NFL might not allow more debt for him.  

This is what I want.

However, I'll restate my question to the NFL: why would a new stadium save Dan?  It's still a Dan product, which will never, ever be good.  He can't win back the fanbase with a new stadium just like he couldn't hide his horrid team behind a new rebrand.  The new stadium will do OK business for about a year, which is how long it takes for the novelty to wear off.  When that does - and it will - the fans are left with the same old **** sandwich of a product.  This leads to a brand new stadium that sits pretty much empty, save for opposing fans.

The problem doesn't get solved - and it's a problem the NFL wants solved permanently.  They would still be left in the same situation they are in now, only kicking the can down the road by about 12 months.  Makes zero sense.

1 hour ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Starts with Turner...then O-Line...then Wentz.  

Opinion obviously not fact.

As for Paulsen and Cooley they haven't ranked it but if i had to guess based on their takes they'd rank it.  A.  Turner.  B.  Wentz.  C.  O line.

they clearly aren't impressed with Wentz and don't see him just being at the mercy of circumstance.  It's weird to hear it from Cooley considering he loved Wentz at Philly and seemed to be cool with the trade.

But Cooley doesn't think he has much mobility, is bad off platform, has poor touch and accuracy on short stuff, isn't decisive, dooesn't run through his progressions well.  I don't recall Cooley this harsh on a QB since Haskins.

Doesn't mean Cooley is right.  Paulsen is pretty close to having the same take.   But Cooley strikes me as interesting because he used to love Wentz but he doesn't think he's the same dude. 

4 minutes ago, Redwards said:

This is what I want.

However, I'll restate my question to the NFL: why would a new stadium save Dan?  It's still a Dan product, which will never, ever be good.  He can't win back the fanbase with a new stadium just like he couldn't hide his horrid team behind a new rebrand.  The new stadium will do OK business for about a year, which is how long it takes for the novelty to wear off.  When that does - and it will - the fans are left with the same old **** sandwich of a product.  This leads to a brand new stadium that sits pretty much empty, save for opposing fans.

The problem doesn't get solved - and it's a problem the NFL wants solved permanently.  They would still be left in the same situation they are in now, only kicking the can down the road by about 12 months.  Makes zero sense.

I agree with your logic. Stadium is lipstick on a pig.    But it seems like the perception apparently with the fellow owners is it might save Dan.

Why?  Guessing maybe Dan protests that the fan malaise is predicated by the stadium.  And to me it brings home also Dan's cash flow considering he's delaying the process to get on it because of neeing 300 million from Virginia.  If he can self finance, he's just do it especially if its his escape hatch. 

One of the wilder points of the story is it seems clear that during better times Dan could have secured the stadium but like everyhing else he blew it because of arrogance and bad instinct for timing. 

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Opinion obviously not fact.

As for Paulsen and Cooley they haven't ranked it but if i had to guess based on their takes they'd rank it.  A.  Turner.  B.  Wentz.  C.  O line.

they clearly aren't impressed with Wentz and don't see him just being at the mercy of circumstance.  It's weird to hear it from Cooley considering he loved Wentz at Philly and seemed to be cool with the trade.

But Cooley doesn't think he has much mobility, is bad off platform, has poor touch and accuracy on short stuff, isn't decisive, dooesn't run through his progressions well.  I don't recall Cooley this harsh on a QB since Haskins.

Doesn't mean Cooley is right.  Paulsen is pretty close to having the same take.   But Cooley strikes me as interesting because he used to love Wentz but he doesn't think he's the same dude. 

I agree with your logic. Stadium is lipstick on a pig.    But it seems like the perception apparently with the fellow owners is it might save Dan.

Why?  Guessing maybe Dan protests that the fan malaise is predicated by the stadium.  And to me it brings home also Dan's cash flow considering he's delaying the process for 300 million from Virginia.  If he can self finance, he's just do it especially if its his escape hatch. 

I can't see any path for him to a new stadium as things sit.  It'd be a borderline miracle.

However, if he does get it done and he's allowed to stay, I'd have to think that it still isn't a permanent stay of execution.  We KNOW that, given a year or two later, we're back in this terrible situation again.  The League is back in this situation again.  And at that point, I don't see anything saving Dan.  He won't be able to blame the lack of fans on a crummy stadium anymore.  Maybe the NFL realizes in that case, Dan getting a new stadium is basically him giving himself enough rope to eventually hang himself...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CapsSkins said:

Everyone agrees Snyder sucks but let's not use him as an excuse to remove all accountability from Rivera. The vast majority of this **** show is Ron's fault.

Not sure what I think about Ron.  He seems to start every season slow strangely and in Carolina ditto.  But its been an uninspiring start to say the least. 

I'll say whether I love Ron or dislike him its so far down on my concern level.  to me the franchise isn't living and dying by any coach.  We need to get rid of the douche owner we have -- and this is the first time during his tenure where I feel we got a fighting chance on that front.

To each their own but my level of caring about Ron's future is a 1 out of 10.  Dan is at a 12 out of a 10. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not sure what I think about Ron.  He seems to start every season slow strangely and in Carolina ditto.  But its been an uninspiring start to say the least. 

I'll say whether I love Ron or dislike him its so far down on my concern level.  to me the franchise isn't living and dying by any coach.  We need to get rid of the douche owner we have -- and this is the first time during his tenure where I feel we got a fighting chance on that front.

To each their own but my level of caring about Ron's future is a 1 out of 10.  Dan is at a 12 out of a 10. 

Listen, every committed and plugged-in fan would prioritize ousting Snyder over the machinations of the head coach.

But an honest evaluation of Rivera is not promising and also part of the soup here. And managing the roster & coaching staff isn't frozen in amber while we wait for the shoe to drop on Snyder.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2