Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 minute ago, Commander PK said:

I’m noticing more and more on social media than this utterly relentless barrage of negative publicity surrounding Dan Snyder is starting to turn him into more of a sympathetic figure.  I reiterate again, I’m not a fan of Snyder’s tenure as owner, and wouldn’t mind seeing him sell or even be forced out, but this “make it my mission in life” attitude of some by any means necessary is starting to garner him some unexpected support.  Take that however you want, but it’s the truth.  

The “I don’t like Snyder either…but stop beating the dead horse” posts are increasing.  

This is unsurprising. The people screaming for him to get bounced can only go on for so long while more proof of his absolute toxic behavior yields little result. 

At this point the loud voices are from those who this has less than an impact on (people who don't care about this franchise one way or another)

At this point, they have nothing concrete on Snyder…he is not going anywhere.  If it hasn’t happened by now it’s not going to happen.  The NFL will not allow it to happen because it sets a very dangerous precedent for the owners.

Should he be forced out I will be happy to come back and admit I’m wrong and congratulate everyone here who feels like they helped make it happen.  I just don’t see it happening.  Snyder will build his next stadium in Maryland at the Fed Ex site and the world will keep right on turning.  I will still be a fan and support the team regardless, because I enjoy it and nobody is going to take that from me.  Even Dan Snyder

• Like 2

Wright was brought in, simply, to save an evil empire.  He was put in place to make sure the evil overloard Dan got to stay as owner.  To help him smooth over the current problems and lawsuits and make things look good enough that the attention would go away.  That in and of itself should make it revolting to most people.  Theres not a chance that Goodell, or Wright, or anyone else involved would say anything bad about a guy we know is terribly evil in Dan Snyder, unless public opinion made them do it to keep themselves afloat.  

Its just a shame that congress got its opportunity to press Goodell on his obvious lies about the investigation, why he sealed it, and why he protects Dan, and chose to ask a few questions but mostly play politics.  Sadly, Riveras statement showed Ron was also fully on that train.  While the report remains secret, and not written down according to Goodell, Ron says "our organization had already put into place or was in the process of implementing the suggestions mentioned in the report".  What report?  What nonsense.  Nobody has seen the suggestions in the report that was ordered not to be reported, unless it does ACTUALLY exist in written form and then Goodell and Snyder lied and Ron knows it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Commander PK said:

At this point, they have nothing concrete on Snyder…he is not going anywhere.  If it hasn’t happened by now it’s not going to happen.  The NFL will not allow it to happen because it sets a very dangerous precedent for the owners.

Should he be forced out I will be happy to come back and admit I’m wrong and congratulate everyone here who feels like they helped make it happen.  I just don’t see it happening.  Snyder will build his next stadium in Maryland at the Fed Ex site and the world will keep right on turning.  I will still be a fan and support the team regardless, because I enjoy it and nobody is going to take that from me.  Even Dan Snyder

This is the tactic that works for Dan, just kick the ball down the road until you tire everyone into submission with frustration and they throw their hands up while others take the bullets for him.

It is what it is. 

16 minutes ago, Commander PK said:

I’m noticing more and more on social media than this utterly relentless barrage of negative publicity surrounding Dan Snyder is starting to turn him into more of a sympathetic figure.  I reiterate again, I’m not a fan of Snyder’s tenure as owner, and wouldn’t mind seeing him sell or even be forced out, but this “make it my mission in life” attitude of some by any means necessary is starting to garner him some unexpected support.  Take that however you want, but it’s the truth.  

The “I don’t like Snyder either…but stop beating the dead horse” posts are increasing.  

Its not.  Its just that no one else except his hardcore fans care anymore.  Theres no one that disliked Snyder before that is now thinking "gee, now that a few more accusations and details came out, but because its dragged on a bit Im part of his fanclub".  Anecdotal evidence from your random perusing's on twitter means nothing times zero, especially not to the only few that matter, the other owners.

"and wouldnt mind seeing him sell".  Thats about all you need to know.  "You know if it happened, I guess it wouldnt be the worst thing in the world".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

It is what it is. 

Exactly

For me, I don’t really care one iota what happens to Snyder.  The only thing that concerns me is how many wins the Commanders can rack up this year, and how much this utterly pointless negativity  creates a distraction for the product on the field….because the product on the field is all I care about when it comes to the NFL.  The Snyder family can own the team for the next 100 years as long as I see another Lombardi or two hoisted in my lifetime.  I believe both can happen.    

I came here to post in 2004 because I am a fan of the team not a fan of the owner.  I think at some point the negativity is cutting off your nose to spite your face.  For me, yeah as an owner he pretty much sucks…but unless he is indicted on something they aren’t forcing him out. 

• Like 4

I think a lot of it is the chicken little effect moreso than sympathy generating in Snyder's favor. A lot of people are simply burned out after hearing "THIS is the thing that will do him in" every three weeks only for him to wiggle his way through it, so your getting a bit of push-back against the constant reporting.

You can only cry wolf so many times before apathy sets in. Every time I see I Snyder story now, its met with no hope of seeing him gone. Regardless of what is said or what he did, all I can hear is the sky is falling and the wolf is coming. Hope it happens, but I'm done getting excited about the possibility of him getting the boot.

I expected nothing to come from these hearings. If we can lock Dan in other countries while he tries to Matrix his way around a court summons like someone suggested I'll take an artificial banishment as a win.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I think a lot of it is the chicken little effect moreso than sympathy generating in Snyder's favor. A lot of people are simply burned out after hearing "THIS is the thing that will do him in" every three weeks only for him to wiggle his way through it, so your getting a bit of push-back against the constant reporting.

Probably correct, I’m just getting tired of it all because it’s much ado about nothing.  Snyder isn’t going anywhere unless he chooses to go.  Like I said, an indictment and conviction on something might get him out, but nothing else will.  
Nothing he has been accused of rises to that level.  

2 hours ago, Commander PK said:

There’s a contingent of propeller beanie wearing idiot fans on Twitter who cannot handle any criticism about the team whatsoever.

5 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Lol @SoCalSkinsbeat me by two seconds 

The funniest ****ing thing about this letter is Dan’s signature. It looks like a 5th graders signature who’s in trouble at school and is being forced to sign a code of conduct policy. I’ve been laughing about this for 5 minutes. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Commander PK said:

I think the NFL have plenty of concrete evidence against Snyder, but the other owners don't want to act on it, for reasons we can all speculate on.

IMO this is a dangerous game the NFL is playing. If it ever turns out they knew more but chose to do nothing, it wouldn't be just Dan in the firing line.

• Like 1

With all due respect to Coach Rivera, each and every change he cited took place because they were forced.

Credit is due for all of the positive cultural improvements, and should be praised and absolutely not be overlooked, but it is dangerous to pretend that decades of unprofessional behavior have magically been set right while the driver of the bus is still behind the wheel. Snyder didn’t suddenly have a ‘come to Jesus‘ moment and intentionally choose to set a new and just path.

This franchise will never again obtain the level of respect and admiration that is once had until the cancer that is Daniel Snyder is exorcised.

Edited by Monte51Coleman
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Gurgeh said:

I think the NFL have plenty of concrete evidence against Snyder, but the other owners don't want to act on it, for reasons we can all speculate on.

IMO this is a dangerous game the NFL is playing. If it ever turns out they knew more but chose to do nothing, it wouldn't be just Dan in the firing line.

Goodell failed miserably when asked why a written report, with redactions, could not have been supplied as it was with every other scandal. Cleary the league knows stuff they are covering up.  

So we have this, the Mary Jo White investigation, the inability to get a stadium deal and John Gruden's law suit which is proceeding and offers more revelations.   It's all the hope we have and even though I refuse to believe it will ever happen but there is obviously a group of owners who have had enough of this horrible man.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan

Ron to me is geuninely a super nice guy and trusting.  In that way, he reminds me of Joe Gibbs.  Gibbs sadly is Dan's biggest fan and will defend and push him publicly.  I bet Dan shows his best side to both men and has convinced them the stories are BS.  I have one client over the years who reminds me some about Dan reputation wise, granted not nearly as bad.  And he's a douche to most people but to a few he's super nice. 

Thom Loverro was on the Junkies today, in the past he's been skeptical about Dan being removed.  Today, he thinks a breaking point is in the offing with the fellow owners.  I hope of course he's right.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Commander PK said:

The couple dozen people who may as well be bots that comment under twitter posts don’t matter. National sentiment matters. That’s what is building and building over time, with each new story multiplying it. That’s what will eventually make the owners change their mind on the risk vs reward math of voting him out. Not a few dozen stubborn dummies commenting on PFT posts. 

• Like 4

If Dan doesn’t have dirt on the rest of the owners he will be forced out. Not for any of the despicable human interactions he’s had, but because he cooked the books (allegedly) and took money from other owners. They will force him out for that.

If Dan has the key to the skeleton closet he isn’t going anywhere.

I think the second scenario is likely. And why a written report was never provided for the primary investigation because Goodell knew it was a smoking gun for Snyder AND other owners.

I suspect the Gruden emails were an opening salvo from Snyder to ward off the rest of the League. Almost like, “I can ruin you. Don’t do it. Here’s an example of my immense power.”

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Commander PK said:

For me, I don’t really care one iota what happens to Snyder.  

The only thing that concerns me is how many wins the Commanders can rack up this year

because the product on the field is all I care about when it comes to the NFL.

These thoughts don’t fit together at all. The fact that you don’t see the correlation is ****ing astounding. You are not seeing the wins you want to see or the trophies you want to see be hoisted BECAUSE of the Snyder ownership you don’t care about. And you never will. 

This feels like a post from 2009. Makes me sick to read it. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

If Dan doesn’t have dirt on the rest of the owners he will be forced out. Not for any of the despicable human interactions he’s had, but because he cooked the books (allegedly) and took money from other owners. They will force him out for that.

Danny boy was never popular among his peers to say the least, so I doubt they shared anything really compromising with him. I'm sure he knows some dirty things but being able to prove them is much harder. Oh wait !, incoming sleazy emails from Brucifer .... ;)

Yea since it's not at all possible dan would pay some interns to take to twitter and posts sympathetic posts for him. But if there are people on their own doing that, anyone seeing him as the victim in any way here is just as big a piece of **** as he is. The guy is a total scum bag and deserves to be removed from ownership and with any kind of luck completely ruined. Neither are likely since these billionaires all protect each other. But it is what SHOULD happen. No sympathy for this clown what so ever. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 2

I just heard a story on 980 just now that Dan had someone pour milk under the carpert of the Lehner's suite at Nats Park, so they'd smell sour milk on game day.  If true, another weird story about Dan.   

I don't know if Dan has dirt on other owners but I can see him be litigous as heck and turn it into an expensive dog fight in the courts. 

But if Dan is removed, it just sets the precedent that other owners now are under the microscope and they likewise can be removed.  A precedent that owners wouldn't want.  But ultimately maybe the diference here is so many stories about Dan.  It's not just 1 or 2 but story after story and also they can claim Dan's douche behavior has hurt the bottom line -- bleeding fans, can't get a stadium, bad TV ratings.  Can people say the same about Jerry and Dallas?

My hope is either one of these things happen which might be the tipping point.

A.  A new story surfaces that hasn't been reported yet.  Where the vibe is when is this going to stop?  Russell has suggested multiple times these stories exist -- I gather stories he was told by sources and was asked not to tell to protect said sources.  If I recall another reporter said something similar.  And it sounds like the WP is working on something new.

B.  The NFL current investigation actually finds Dan guilty.  And the owners just have enough

C.  Dan just gets burnt out by all of this and gets an offer that is too good to refuse.  This is what Sheehan thinks happen.  Personally, I think its the least likely of the three. 

• Like 1

Exactly

For me, I don’t really care one iota what happens to Snyder.  The only thing that concerns me is how many wins the Commanders can rack up this year, and how much this utterly pointless negativity  creates a distraction for the product on the field….because the product on the field is all I care about when it comes to the NFL.  The Snyder family can own the team for the next 100 years as long as I see another Lombardi or two hoisted in my lifetime.  I believe both can happen.    

I came here to post in 2004 because I am a fan of the team not a fan of the owner.  I think at some point the negativity is cutting off your nose to spite your face.  For me, yeah as an owner he pretty much sucks…but unless he is indicted on something they aren’t forcing him out. 

That's all fine and good, but many of us are past that (both here and on Twitter). I was in that boat for a decade or more as well. At this point now, I don't care about the product on the field anymore. And, guess what, talk about going in circles...you can almost set your watch to that result being something less than 10 wins each year too. 

I'm done caring about how this football team that used to bring me childhood joy will do each fall...now I want to see the man mostly responsible for destroying it pay for his part in its destruction. He deserves to and that's my interest in the Commanders. I'm not alone. The product on the field excited me in the 80s, 90s, and into the 00s...but the past 2-3 years have just revealed way too much. It's hard to really care anymore. 

Maybe it's the confluence of my age with all these things happening with the team...who knows. 

33 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

There are more stories. More recent ones too. Just haven’t come out yet. 

I doubt it...but that would be great to keep the heat on. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2