Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

23 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

A lawyer who knows Dan talked about Dan on 980 this morning on Sheehan's show

As for why Dan won't sell, he said the same thing others have said about Dan which is Dan strongly believes one day he will be hoisting a SB trophy and when that happens others will say they are wrong about him and fans come around.  So he's been riding that dream and is sticking with it. 

The only way Snyder gets to 'hoist' a SB trophy is when he tells the janitor to unlock the case containing the 3 Gibbs trophies, and he can 'hoist' them all he wants. He can even hoist two at a time and build some muscle.

With the Titans' owner demanding a new stadium (not refurbishing the one that was brand new in 1999) and likely to get it, it must be galling for the NFL owners to consider that the Commanders won't get a new stadium until Snyder is gone. I know that hasn't happened yet, but I believe VA or MD will eventually put that as a condition for a new stadium.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

This is a really great post.  I hadn't thought of it that way before in regards to tallying who they have and who they don't.  

Is also say, this is 32 mostly old rock dudes.  

It’s not the senate or the house.  

Im sure everybody knows where everybody else stands. It’s not hard to figure out where 32 people stand on the issue.

I will say, I’m sure Dan is also trying to sway votes his way.  I’m sure there is a lot of lobbying going on. 

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I've been waiting for Snyder to not be the owner anymore for over 20 years.  You're not sure what I'm waiting for?

They said they're "counting votes."  That makes it sound like they're, you know, actively voting on this issue.

Voice of Reason pretty much hit it. They're not actively voting on anything right now. I don't think there will ever be a vote unless the owners know they have enough votes (24) to oust Snyder. But, as of now, there's not 24 votes. However, there likely is a sizable enough contingent among the owners to at least consider the issue. And that contingent is trying to feel out what others think and if there are enough others that they can get to 24. And I suspect there's a number of owners that are on the fence about one thing or another. So those owners need some swaying or for some other information to come out to push them one way or the other. All of which is to say its at least possible. The fact it's even being talked about is unusual, which speaks to how unhappy some owners are about it all. The question is if anything comes of it.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

With the Titans' owner demanding a new stadium (not refurbishing the one that was brand new in 1999) and likely to get it, it must be galling for the NFL owners to consider that the Commanders won't get a new stadium until Snyder is gone. I know that hasn't happened yet, but I believe VA or MD will eventually put that as a condition for a new stadium.

Kind of sad when Snyder could leverage MD, DC, and VA against each other and needs just one of 3 to give in. Tennessee has only one option, to get it from Tennessee. But if the Titans succeed and Snyder fails, that's a Snyder level failure for you.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

He screwed up owning an NFL team in a top-10 media market so badly that he can't get a stadium deal and can't keep a beer sponsor! 

Back around the time he bought the team the season ticket waiting list was legit hundreds of thousands long with probably another couple hundred thousand people like me who never got on the list because what is the point in waiting 15-20 years? At around 2000-2004 the Redskins were a more valuable franchise than the Cowboys and were #1 of all teams in the world. 

NOW, after 20+ years of suck and douchebaggery, the dude is lucky to get half the stadium filled with mostly opposing team fans.

Imagine what the attendance of the Jax game would be if the leftovers stopped buying season tickets! It'd be like one of those USFL games :rofl89:

12 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Yeah and from that article you can find out how naive Joe Gibbs was after Snyder donated 25000 to a Gibbs charity.

“There was no reason for Dan Snyder to come and do that,” Gibbs told me. “There was no thought I was ever coming back to football. I was not trying to get anything from him, and he wasn’t trying to get anything from me.”

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SkinsFTW said:

Back around the time he bought the team the season ticket waiting list was legit hundreds of thousands long with probably another couple hundred thousand people like me who never got on the list because what is the point in waiting 15-20 years? At around 2000-2004 the Redskins were a more valuable franchise than the Cowboys and were #1 of all teams in the world. 

NOW, after 20+ years of suck and douchebaggery, the dude is lucky to get half the stadium filled with mostly opposing team fans.

Imagine what the attendance of the Jax game would be if the leftovers stopped buying season tickets! It'd be like one of those USFL games :rofl89:

It would be fascinating if it wasn't so sad. In essentially one generation, he destroyed a fan base. He inherited one of the crown jewels of the top league in American sports and now that same franchise is an afterthought.

The only two things that get unfairly pinned on Snyder are the current stadium and the beginning of the losing post-Gibbs. Both those things preceded his purchase of the team. However, the team was being improved and was trending upward when he entered the picture and started meddling. I can't prove anything obviously, but I do believe that 1999 team left to be improved organically with the Ricky Williams trade we had just made and young roster we had, would have been pretty good for a few years. 

Everything else he's ruined...culture, reputation, all of it. He's taken a rabid and loyal fanbase and turned more than half of it into people who follow the team more out of morbid curiosity or even resentful anger. Every picture I see of myself as a kid has something Redskin-related in it. Now, I can't root for them. All because of one man. It's sad. 

I hope once he's gone, someone puts together a long and thorough documentary about these 20-25 years. It'll be captivating. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Also, this is coming off of a miracle run by Gibbs to end the season, and only seven years into his tenure that, at that point, got them in the playoffs in 99 and 2005. He had all the goodwill he would have save for when Sean was murdered. And he blew it, squandered it, and kept making it worse every year. For now 14 years (since Sean).

God, what scum.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As for why Dan won't sell, he said the same thing others have said about Dan which is Dan strongly believes one day he will be hoisting a SB trophy and when that happens others will say they are wrong about him and fans come around.  So he's been riding that dream and is sticking with it. 

Pretty cool that @Cooleyfan1993got to hear his dad on the radio! 

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've been dreaming about sleeping with Cindy Crawford since the 8th grade.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Burgold said:

There's a part of me that thinks that all the controversies won't undo Snyder, but the owners will look at the failure to get a stadium deal and that will do it. After all, if cities or counties stop paying for the stadium and that golden egg disappears... that's costing every owner a billion dollars. 

How on Earth did Snyder screw up owning an NFL team so badly that he can't get a stadium deal?

I agree with the stadium part, I among others have made a similar point in the past.  But what happened today brings it home big time.

It's PR-press 101 if you got a bad story on your client -- the classic way to try to deal with it is to step on it with another story.

No doubt that was part of why this all leaked today about the stadium.  And that gambit worked, talk radio mostly moved from talking about Dan to the stadium.

The other part of this is I wonder if a friendly owner (Jerry?) told Dan this weekend... Dude you have to get a stadium otherwise things can get worse for you.    Dan according to many is impulsive as heck, so perhaps he reacted.

It seems too much of a coincidence that all of this went down today.    Also I figure that its tougher to get rid of him if he's deep in negotiations on a stadium.  The stadium would be a win win at least in theory for all the other owners -- I'd bet money that Dan has given fellow owners the excuse previously that their struggles to sell tickets is purely because of the lemon stadium he inherited.  So I'd bet he backed himself in a corner on the stadium issue where he'd look awful if he can't meet the 2027 deadline especially after the Bills just killed it on their end for a stadium for 2026.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

At this point its about saving reputation. Dan can think he did nothing wrong when it comes to the allegations about sexual harassment and financial improprieties, but when it comes to the team's performance and bleeding of fans, the numbers simply don't lie. I remember ESPN airing a story on Snyder about a decade ago when Dan was asked what his father would say to him regarding the state of the team and he said, imitating his father, "Its a disaster.....you have to fix it!"  Has this "disaster" really gotten any better since?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

You’re a dirty old man, you know that?

Indeed I am!

It’s been a long rocky journey to get there but after great struggle and with the help of so many anonymous miscreants along the way I’ve finally achieved my lifelong dream.

Thank you for acknowledging it.

I can now enter my house justified.

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, mhd24 said:

Champ was gone due to wifey.  He cheated on her (allegedly) with a CSN reporter and his wife demanded him leave DC.  Bash the trade itself, but their hands were tied.

You're half right. Champ had baby momma(s) showing up at the Park with their hand out. Wifey said we're out of here or else.

It was Springs that was tagging CSN's reporter who was shipped out of market to Houston when it got back to Dan that she complained on how lousy the Press Box catering was. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3