Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

2 hours ago, NickyJ said:

What do you mean by "Snyder informant"? Likes he's tattling on the coaches to Snyder? Or that he's tattling on Snyder to the NFL? I don't see what JDR would have anything to do with Snyder, he's a third year coach that doesn't seem particularly close to Snyder. I don't think I've ever seen them in the same picture together.

I think he's talking to Snyder, making him feel (be) more involved than Ron may want. Maybe he's the one who's advocating for Snyder's players in the meetings. Maybe Snyder's coaching the defense and not JDR. I don't know, but I have a feeling they're closer than it seems. 

No names that would have appealed to anybody? I could have sworn there was support for a team name out there, one that people were actually asking for. Pink Poodles? Nah, something like Rose Retrievers. Maroon Mastiffs. Or Crimson Coyotes.

Either way, it's funny that they passed up whatever that name was for the sake of getting total ownership of a name that they won't have to share rights to. Total ownership of a brand hardly anyone wants to buy merchandise from.

2 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I think he's talking to Snyder, making him feel (be) more involved than Ron may want. Maybe he's the one who's advocating for Snyder's players in the meetings. Maybe Snyder's coaching the defense and not JDR. I don't know, but I have a feeling they're closer than it seems. 

What gives you that feeling? I truly haven't seen any connection between Snyder and JDR at all. No references to each other, no pictures. Nothing.

4 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

No names that would have appealed to anybody? I could have sworn there was support for a team name out there, one that people were actually asking for. Pink Poodles? Nah, something like Rose Retrievers. Maroon Mastiffs. Or Crimson Coyotes.

Either way, it's funny that they passed up whatever that name was for the sake of getting total ownership of a name that they won't have to share rights to. Total ownership of a brand hardly anyone wants to buy merchandise from.

What gives you that feeling? I truly haven't seen any connection between Snyder and JDR at all. No references to each other, no pictures. Nothing.

Honestly his twitter persona and the times he speaks up, its about things that Snyder is interested in. I only have like two examples - one being political so I'm going to leave the specifics out, and one being the stadium so not much. 

6 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Sure, winning on its own might not cure anything. But winning PLUS the font office AND Snyder both showing everyone they can start acting like a respectable winning franchise for once (not saying it will happen, just saying for this scenario) will hopefully get people to cheer again. 

will any of that happen? I HOPE. I cant predict the future though, so i have no idea. 

Nope.  The fans that left; won’t even consider coming back until Dan is gone.

Dan will never hire the right people to field a consistent winner that would bring in new fans.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Nope.  The fans that left; won’t even consider coming back until Dan is gone.

Dan will never hire the right people to field a consistent winner that would bring in new fans.

Jury is still out on Rivera, in my opinion. I’ll wait and see what he can do with a QB not named heinicke/smith(post-injury), Haskins (RIP), and whatever the **** the other guys name was, and see what this team can do if they’re playing with a lead more before i say they aren’t the right staff to field a consistent winner. 

if the QB is in place, the winning will start, and i hope that’s finally the case here. Will it be? Well, i dont have a magic 8 ball so i cant say. But, I’m HOPING. 

and yeah, maybe not EVERYONE who’s left will come back even if (BIG if) they start winning this season. But maybe some people will look at the team and say “hey, this is fun!” And others would hopefully hop on the bandwagon. Again, who knows. 

24 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Jury is still out on Rivera, in my opinion. I’ll wait and see what he can do with a QB not named heinicke/smith(post-injury), Haskins (RIP), and whatever the **** the other guys name was, and see what this team can do if they’re playing with a lead more before i say they aren’t the right staff to field a consistent winner. 

if the QB is in place, the winning will start, and i hope that’s finally the case here. Will it be? Well, i dont have a magic 8 ball so i cant say. But, I’m HOPING. 

and yeah, maybe not EVERYONE who’s left will come back even if (BIG if) they start winning this season. But maybe some people will look at the team and say “hey, this is fun!” And others would hopefully hop on the bandwagon. Again, who knows. 

Nope. Dan sucked the joy of rooting for this team and people aren’t coming back , because Dan is there. Any enjoyment of Dan; is too much.

Ron’s Carolina success came:

13-playoffs 

14-playoffs with losing record 

15- SuperBowl loss 

17- playoffs

4 trips in 5 years. He had Cam in his prime and as time passes; it will be shown that having Cam is what drove that success.

Ron will not field a consistent winner here. This team of non back to back playoff years; will continue.

We make the playoffs, fully expect us to crash and burn in 23.

1 minute ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Nope. Dan sucked the joy of rooting for this team and people aren’t coming back , because Dan is there. Any enjoyment of Dan; is too much.

Ron’s Carolina success came:

13-playoffs 

14-playoffs with losing record 

15- SuperBowl loss 

17- playoffs

4 trips in 5 years. He had Cam in his prime and as time passes; it will be shown that having Cam is what drove that success.

Ron will not field a consistent winner here. This team of non back to back playoff years; will continue.

We make the playoffs, fully expect us to crash and burn in 23.

Then I’ll ask you this: what do you think it would take to make fans want to come back (minus Snyder being gone, because that’s the easy answer obviously)? Set aside, for a second, your opinion that a consistent winning team will never happen (and that’s a fair opinion to have), would people come back if the team somehow magically has 5+ years of 11+ wins and deep playoff runs mixed in with little to no drama at all? 

There is absolutely nothing they can do that will rekindle the fanatcism I once had as long as Snyder stays.  Absolutely nothing.

Even a Super Bowl win (LMAO) would only register like mild, begrudging satisfaction similar to a sad handjob.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

There is absolutely nothing they can do that will rekindle the fanatcism I once had as long as Snyder stays.  Absolutely nothing.

Even a Super Bowl win (LMAO) would only register like mild, begrudging satisfaction similar to a sad handjob.

1) fair. 
2) the first super bowl win (yeah, I know, it happening) since 1991 wouldn’t be having you be doing backflips and running down the street cheering and popping champagne in celebration for the players and coaches? 

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

1) fair. 
2) the first super bowl win (yeah, I know, it happening) since 1991 wouldn’t be having you be doing backflips and running down the street cheering and popping champagne in celebration for the players and coaches? 

What part of the first half of the post didn’t you understand?

58 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Then I’ll ask you this: what do you think it would take to make fans want to come back (minus Snyder being gone, because that’s the easy answer obviously)? Set aside, for a second, your opinion that a consistent winning team will never happen (and that’s a fair opinion to have), would people come back if the team somehow magically has 5+ years of 11+ wins and deep playoff runs mixed in with little to no drama at all? 

Nope. Most of the fanbase has moved on from Dan. Even if the team does what you say; 5+ years of 11+ Wins and deep playoff runs; those fans will not come out. They will not give Dan a single dime. Attend a single game or buy any merchandise. When the owner is the obstacle; nothing can overcome that. To those fans; their team is long dead. This team isn’t their team and no amount of winning will get them to come. If a miracle happens and Dan is gone; the new guy can work to regain those fans.

If what you say happens; then maybe Dan will get the younger fans and a new fanbase can be formed from that; though I doubt that new fanbase would be as rabid the Redskins fans were. You will never have season ticket waiting list; like this team once had.

What you propose happening with this owner- no drama and consistent winning; hasn’t ever happened with him and you all of sudden expect it to happen? We had drama from day 1 and if 23 years of little winning doesn’t convince you; then you are clueless as the owner is himself.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Nope. Most of the fanbase has moved on from Dan. Even if the team does what you say; 5+ years of 11+ Wins and deep playoff runs; those fans will not come out. They will not give Dan a single dime. Attend a single game or buy any merchandise. When the owner is the obstacle; nothing can overcome that. To those fans; their team is long dead. This team isn’t their team and no amount of winning will get them to come. If a miracle happens and Dan is gone; the new guy can work to regain those fans.

If what you say happens; then maybe Dan will get the younger fans and a new fanbase can be formed from that; though I doubt that new fanbase would be as rabid the Redskins fans were. You will never have season ticket waiting list; like this team once had.

What you propose happening with this owner- no drama and consistent winning; hasn’t ever happened with him and you all of sudden expect it to happen? We had drama from day 1 and if 23 years of little winning doesn’t convince you; then you are clueless as the owner is himself.

First two paragraphs, while sad, are understandable. Ok. 

3rd paragraph: show me where i said I expect any of it to happen. I’m not stupid, I’m not convinced it will at all 😂 being convinced it will happen, and HOPING it will happen, are two different things. 

HOPING for something (even though I’m well aware it won’t happen) doesn’t make me clueless. Thanks. 

As jaded as we all have been over the past three decades of the Skins, IMO I think a lot of us have to do with the league itself these days. Granted, they have the advantage of relatively scarcity and everyone's psyched by the time September rolls around, but then you start watching the games and get annoyed with the crap with all the personal fouls for touching the QB. And the no defense league with shabby tackling. I always make it a point of investing three hours each week watching the Skins, but aside from that, don't have a lot of interest in tuning in for any other regular season games. The playoffs are a different story.......I will watch more then.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I really do feel for Ron and his entire staff.  I've always said that every coach here under Dan has one hand tied behind their back, just having to navigate the circus that is Dan Snyder's Ashburn. But Ron has to try and block out the blaring noise from all around and get their guys to focus on football and winning games.  The noise has never been louder and he's got to do all this in the midst of a rebrand that fell flat, congressional investigations, stadium drama, and the list goes on.

Yep the other coaches have had noise, too and plenty of it.  But Rivera's level of noise coming from the clown owner is in another orbit from the past.

Rivera himself even said on air that he felt as soon as the name annoucement was coming down that there would be something negative that steps on the story and of course it did.  Rivera flat out said he is just expecting things to keep coming.   

• Haha 4

I really don't feel bad for Ron or any coaches that agree to be hired here.  Not even a little bit.  The scum that is Dan Snyder the human being and owner is widely known.  Ron agreed to become the coach and signed on the dotted line.  And he's getting paid handsomely for it.  So...deal with it.

This "organization" hasn't been about football in at least 15 years.  Football is a distant second to business for Dan.  It'll always be that way.  

Again, EVERYONE KNOWS THIS.

No coach who comes here will get an ounce of sympathy from me.  

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Yeah the awkward little subplot over the years has been Gibbs continuously staying fooled by Snyder and helping him convince candidates like Rivera to come here. Talk about the angel on the devil’s shoulder. Seeing the best in people is a positive quality but it’s shocking Gibbs can still be so naive about Dan, even at his older age it’s clear he’s pretty “with it”.  His blind spot for Dan is something none of us really want to confront

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep the other coaches have had noise, too and plenty of it.  But Rivera's level of noise coming from the clown owner is in another orbit from the past.

Rivera himself even said on air that he felt as soon as the name annoucement was coming down that there would be something negative that steps on the story and of course it did.  Rivera flat out said he is just expecting things to keep coming.   

He couldn't be bothered to move porta-potties to a decent picture with Sean Taylor's family.

I asked this on twitter yesterday, and the only positive respone was from a Cowboys fan:

Name one positive thing Dan Snyder has brought to the NFL. Just one.

Edited by Riggo#44

11 minutes ago, Conn said:

Yeah the awkward little subplot over the years has been Gibbs continuously staying fooled by Snyder and helping him convince candidates like Rivera to come here. Talk about the angel on the devil’s shoulder. Seeing the best in people is a positive quality but it’s shocking Gibbs can still be so naive about Dan, even at his older age it’s clear he’s pretty “with it”.  His blind spot for Dan is something none of us really want to confront

Yep Gibbs has arguably been Dan's biggest defender.  And following the narrrative Gibbs clearly helped convince Rivera.  Also for Dan's many faults, the idea that he himself along with the FO would be implicated in a sexual harassment scandal that would go on nonstop with new layers continuing to surface wasn't public knowledge at that point in time.

Ron didn't come here in the middle of the name change, sexual harassment investigations by the league and Congress.  All of that came after he arrived.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Also for Dan's many faults, the idea that he himself along with the FO would be implicated in a sexual harassment scandal that would go on nonstop with new layers continuing to surface wasn't public knowledge at that point in time.

But how many times did we beg for some of that dirt to come out over the past 10-15 years? Because it was obvious with the way this asshole ran things that it had to be there.

Guaranteed that there is a lot more too. Those NDAs that he makes everyone sign should be illegal.

35 minutes ago, Conn said:

Gibbs is easily fooled because Snyder is a "kiss up, kick down" type of boss...nice to people he admires because they're famous, and a complete waste of a human being to everyone else. Sometimes I wonder how Gibbs became successful with that level of naivete, by the way.

Feinstein was on the Junkies this morning, talking about his most recent Snyder article and adding some more info. For one, he said an unnamed NFL owner went to a meeting and sat with Snyder because he felt sorry for him that no one else would sit with Snyder. After they took a vote on a minor issue, which the owner and Snyder disagreed on, Snyder asked him "why are you such a blankety blank?"

The owner responded that they can disagree on something and still be professional, and Snyder replied "blank you."

He also retole the Steve Bischotti story where Snyder demaned Bischotti call him "Mr. Snyder" on a conference call. Bischotti responded with his own "blank you" and hung up.

• Like 7