Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

9 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Huge fan of the show! Left a ton of Seinfeld easter eggs for those in the know.

I was partcularly proud of this line: 

"This is Vandalay Industries first foray into the alcoholic beverage market but their Chief Operating Officer, George Costanza, who is also a marine biologist, personally negotiated the deal last night with Mr. Snyder."

It was perfect. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Conn said:

When a species does not adapt and thrive in its ecosystem, but instead begins to die off, we don’t call than an evolution—we call that an extinction. That’s what’s happening to this team and it’s fanbase. 

Straight facts.

independence-day-president-whitmore.gif

Well, that's half the battle, Ron.  Winning helps a lot of things.  But if you're tired of it, how do you think the rest of us feel?

But completely botching your rebrand and having a giant piece of **** for an owner are other things that make this franchise an easy target, too.  

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Well, that's half the battle, Ron.  Winning helps a lot of things.  But if you're tired of it, how do you think the rest of us feel?

But completely botching your rebrand and having a giant piece of **** for an owner are other things that make this franchise an easy target, too.  

dark-knight-rises-batman.gif

Maybe I haven't been paying as close attention lately, but it appears that the heat Dan was facing a month or two ago seems to have significantly decreased. 

If so, I guess that's it.  I mean, he's looking like he weathered that storm.  I thought that was the best opportunity we'd ever have of getting him kicked out but I guess he's here to stay.  

• Sad 3
  • Thumb up 1

47 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Maybe I haven't been paying as close attention lately, but it appears that the heat Dan was facing a month or two ago seems to have significantly decreased. 

If so, I guess that's it.  I mean, he's looking like he weathered that storm.  I thought that was the best opportunity we'd ever have of getting him kicked out but I guess he's here to stay.  

Yeah, the war in Ukraine literally swept every other story in the world to the side. ****ing Putin.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yeah Goodell's saying that he's already away from the team tells me it's going to just get swept under the rug. Even the report they're supposed to release is going to be total bull****.

• Like 1

Welp, the cat's out of the bag...not sure how Goodell will spin this one:

Dan Snyder already back day-to-day with Commanders, source says, despite what Goodell contends

Washington Commanders owner Dan Snyder has resumed his involvement in day-to-day operations of the franchise, a high-placed source with knowledge of the situation said Wednesday — refuting NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell‘s remarks from a day earlier.

Goodell told reporters Tuesday at the NFL owners meetings in Florida that the embattled billionaire would not be involved in day-to-day business for the “foreseeable future,” and that he and Snyder would talk about the owner’s role at “some point.”

Tanya Snyder, Dan’s wife, represented the Commanders at the annual meetings as she holds the titles of co-CEO and co-owner. 

The source, who asked not to be named so he could speak on private matters freely, said Dan Snyder has no restrictions on what he can and can’t do in overseeing the franchise, reiterating the owner has worked on day-to-day matters.  For instance, Snyder was “heavily involved” when the team discussed acquiring quarterback Carson Wentz — something coach Ron Rivera even alluded to after the trade was finalized

“One of the things I really do appreciate was in talking to the Snyders and really them just saying, ‘Hey, if this is what it’s going to take, let’s get it done,’” Rivera said this month when asked about the team’s decision to take on Wentz’s $28.3 million cap hit. 

Last July, the league said Snyder would be voluntarily giving up day-to-day control of the franchise for “several months” when it unveiled the findings of Beth Wilkinson’s investigation of the team’s sexual misconduct scandal. The NFL fined the team $10 million after more than 40 women said they were sexually harassed while working for the club.

Dan Snyder, the league said, would still oversee long-term projects like the Commanders’ pursuit of a new stadium, while Tanya Snyder would represent the club at league meetings.  Just prior to the announcement, Washington elevated Snyder to co-CEO.

This week, Tanya Snyder was among the small contingent that Washington sent to represent the team. Prior to Goodell’s press conference, another source familiar with the situation said Dan Snyder was not there because he was out of the country on business. 

The league did not respond to a request asking if Dan Snyder was prohibited from overseeing day-to-day operations. 

Upon the NFL’s announcement over the summer, the billionaire “laid low” and spent the majority of his time working toward the stadium search, the source said. But as months went by, the person added, Snyder began to gradually become more involved. 

Indeed, Rivera has mentioned periodically that he still talks to Snyder about issues regarding the team. The coach told The Team 980 in January that he met with the Snyders for an end-of-the-season meeting. And in October, on the same station, Rivera even mentioned chatting with Dan Snyder in the team’s facility.

The latter contradicts Goodell’s remark to reporters as the commissioner said he “didn’t believe” Snyder had been at the team’s headquarters since Tanya Snyder became co-CEO.

“It’s always good to talk with Mr. Snyder,” Rivera said. “We just visit and chat about what’s happening, so it’s been real positive.” 

“How often do you talk to him?” the host replied. 

“Probably about once or twice per week, just depending on the situation and circumstances,” Rivera said, “if we run into each other around the facility or at the game or at the stadium or something like that. Or I’ll call, he’ll call. You know, we’ll talk.” 

Dan Snyder was seen at Washington’s games last season. He also made brief public remarks last month when the team unveiled its rebrand to the Commanders. Dan Snyder was not in attendance, however, for Wentz’s introductory press conference earlier this month, while his wife was. 

Wentz’s presser came weeks after the NFL opened a new investigation into the owner. Tiffani Johnston, a former employee and cheerleader, told members of Congress that Dan Snyder inappropriately touched her thigh at a work dinner and later tried to coax her into his limo — leading the NFL to hire former U.S. Attorney  Mary Jo White to look into the matter. Johnston did not participate in the league’s first investigation. Snyder denied the accusations. 

With a source claiming that Snyder is still involved in day-to-day operations, this is not the first time that the league and the Commanders have clashed publicly. Before the league launched its new probe, Washington put out a statement that it was conducting its own probe — causing the NFL to interject just hours after the announcement. Goodell told reporters he could not “see any way” a team could investigate itself. 

The NFL, in a letter to the House Oversight and Reform Committee, also blamed the Commanders for blocking access to requested documents related to the congressional probe in February — a week after Johnston’s claim surfaced.  

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/mar/30/roger-goodell-wrong-source-says-dan-snyder-already/

• Thanks 2
  • Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

It's pretty bad when even Alex Smith dumps on you: 

To me, this can't be dismissed as sour grape bitterness from a former player with an axe to grind.

It feels like the objective revalations of a man who dealt with Snyder's football funhouse first hand and remains somewhat shell shocked by the experience.

You can change the name, you can change the coaches and you can change the players but the living nightmare itself will not end until the glorious day that the foul beast  is removed once and for evermore.

"Half measures avail us nothing."

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Upon the NFL’s announcement over the summer, the billionaire “laid low” and spent the majority of his time working toward the stadium search, the source said. But as months went by, the person added, Snyder began to gradually become more involved. 

He can't help himself apparently.

He'll stay out of it for a while, but eventually, he has to start meddling again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

While everything Alex said was true; why was he buddy - buddy with Dan then? Alex was hanging out with Dan.

I thought the same thing, but we have no idea the dynamics behind Alex watching the games in the suite with Snyder.  Alex coming out and saying what he said here, tells me he felt obligated to do that, not that he wanted to.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

While everything Alex said was true; why was he buddy - buddy with Dan then? Alex was hanging out with Dan.

Alex was a 1 year through rehab with the majority of another year still to go before he could see the field. A former NFC championship game QB was signed to the team over the offseason and a 1st round pick was used on a QB. For a 35 year old peg leg QB who's going to be left over from a completely turned-over regime, you gotta find whatever allies you can get, even if it means taking advantage of a stupid owner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I thought the same thing, but we have no idea the dynamics behind Alex watching the games in the suite with Snyder.  Alex coming out and saying what he said here, tells me he felt obligated to do that, not that he wanted to.

Exactly. That is such a Dan move. Convince Alex to sit in the box to give the appearance they are buddy buddy. But he was still paying his paycheck. So if the owner says you should watch the game from my box. You watch the game from his box even if you hate him.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1