Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

7 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Jeff Bezos come on dowwwwwnnnnn!

image.gif.d4c316049f2c7ee63325cb76c1d8ff87.gif

has he even shown interest in owning a football team? finding it hard to imagine with his personality that he even cares about football. he has 10s of billions of dollars and is basically retired. why add the stress and work?

1 hour ago, dyst said:

I haven’t had a chance to follow the entire story that came out today but if all they have is him putting his hand on her leg during dinner and her back afterwards while presumably many other people were around then I am not sure much will come of this. Again - that going saying that I haven’t read its entirety. Gross yes sure if it was unwanted but if he continued it days, weeks later and repeatedly after being told no - then he may have a problem here.

I doubt there is a Congressional hearing going on if that is all they have.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

has he even shown interest in owning a football team? finding it hard to imagine with his personality that he even cares about football. he has 10s of billions of dollars and is basically retired. why add the stress and work?

Rumored at one point.

Seriously tho, dude is too rich to be an owner. We wouldn't even be his whole night.

We would make up such a small footprint of his wealth he would have no reason to care. Why go to owners meetings? Why bother with operations? The org itself would be a peon to a man that could straight up buy the league.

The man is paying to get a bridge removed so he can sail his new world biggest super-yacht thru...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/02/02/rotterdam-dismantle-part-historic-bridge-so-jeff-bezos-massive-yacht-can-pass-through/

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If the team is for sale; we need a minority owner.

No more white billionaires.

I’m with you on this 100%. I did read this thread today from a former NFL player that adds some nuance to a controversial topic. Billionaires are a tiny club. Billionaires that the other 31 NFL owners are willing to let into their NFL club are  an even smaller group. Aka it’s not as simple as “just” diversifying ownership because of what it takes for anyone to BECOME a billionaire in the first place, and then adding in the fact that the NFL ownership group is self-selecting. But it’s a good and necessary first step, that needs to be taken with eyes wide open:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mammajamma said:

yes he has. Or at least rumored. And it’s all ego. There are 32 of them in the world, it’s the biggest sport where he lives. I’m sure he’d be happy to own one just to say he does. He has a 500 million dollar yacht just because. The man is beyond having a need for anything. I hate Bezos but what does it say when I would rather have the real world equivalent of Lex Luther or the Buy n Large CEO from Wall-E over Snyder

• Like 1

4 hours ago, profusion said:

So, the NFL is saying that Tiffani Johnston's allegations are "new." Did she speak to Beth Wilkinson's team or not?

This whole thing is so rotten. I'm assuming there's much worse info involved, and it goes further than the "Commanders".

To me they are giving themselves room to dump Snyder now. NEW ALLEGATIONS WE DIDNT KNOW ABOUT!! the straw that broke the camels back… WE HAVE TO ACT NOW.

We will see 👍 

• Like 3

NFL's Brian McCarthy: “The NFL is reviewing and will consider Ms. Johnston’s allegations as we would any other new allegations regarding workplace misconduct at the Washington Commanders. We will determine any further action as appropriate."

“Today’s testimony underscores that all employees deserve a workplace that is free from harassment of any kind and where they feel safe reporting misconduct.”

“We are grateful to the witnesses who again demonstrated courage by sharing their painful experiences."

hello. 

paging moron snyder team. With ridiculously overpaid advisors that suck at their job. 

this is how you respond to new sexual harassment allegations. 

how do you not get this. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Denver is for sale. A contender to buy us a billionaire minority.

If nfl has to force a sale in Cleveland, Miami and Washington; they should try to get minority ownership.

Florio as a nice pick about that: move away from owners and do it Packers' style.

It could be something to look for, though I really doubt it will happen, but as NFL teams are becoming more and more valuable, it's gonna tough to find people interested and able to buy them.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/03/corporate-ownership-may-be-the-only-way-to-fix-certain-issues-with-nfl-teams/

3 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

To me they are giving themselves room to dump Snyder now. NEW ALLEGATIONS WE DIDNT KNOW ABOUT!! the straw that broke the camels back… WE HAVE TO ACT NOW.

We will see 👍 

The NFL is more than likely lying here, as I doubt Beth Wilkerson missed Tiffani Johnston. I doubt the girl camed out of nowhere yesterday. But since the first report was secret they can have that stance now and say they weren't aware about it.

Will that lead to more sanctions from them on Dan? Probably, they'll have to act, and they already decided it was new.

Will they force him to sell? Doubtful but not out of the realm either.

• Like 1

What's stopping Bezos from buying the team and immediately changing the name to the Washington Amazons or the Washington Prime? :ols: 

Yeah, rebranding costs a lot of money...but it's not like he's hurting. They'd call it Amazon Field @ New RFK Stadium.

The current stadium's nickname should now be called The Gulag

Edited by Barry.Randolphe

Actual twitter convo (paraphrased):

Me (to a guy about Jason Wright): The NFL felt Jason Wright was a promising executive and pushed him to Snyder when the name was changing and all the toxic work environment stories were coming out.

Some Other Guy chimes in: Yep, Wright is incompetent. That's why you know the decision to hire him wasn't made by Snyder.

Me: Um, wouldn't that point to Snyder actually having made the decision? lol

Some Other Guy: No. Wright hasn’t proven competence in any NFL position before he was appointed. What you said is why the NFL knows they won’t be named further in the lawsuit.

Me (to myself): "Further" in what lawsuit?

Me (to the other guy): I was referring to Snyder's 20 year history of hiring incompetents to run the franchise with him. So, if you think Wright is also incompetent, then...

Some Other Guy: Yes, he is also incompetent. The NFL wouldn’t allow Snyder to hire someone competent. We know he doesn’t have the ability to hire anyone competent, but the NFL wanted to assure he didn't.

Me:  Why would the NFL want to guarantee that the Redskins' new president would be incompetent?

Some Other Guy: To punish him for the sexual harassment stuff.

My mind:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Rumored at one point.

Seriously tho, dude is too rich to be an owner. We wouldn't even be his whole night.

We would make up such a small footprint of his wealth he would have no reason to care. Why go to owners meetings? Why bother with operations? The org itself would be a peon to a man that could straight up buy the league.

The man is paying to get a bridge removed so he can sail his new world biggest super-yacht thru...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/02/02/rotterdam-dismantle-part-historic-bridge-so-jeff-bezos-massive-yacht-can-pass-through/

So, you're saying you wouldn't want Bezos as an owner because he wouldn't meddle?

The picture being painted is of someone who would buy an NFL team like one would a piece of art, donate it to a museum so that the docents can take care of it. Are people really saying they wouldn't want the world's richest man to buy a team and then hire football people to run it?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Burgold said:

So, you're saying you wouldn't want Bezos as an owner because he wouldn't meddle?

The picture being painted is of someone who would buy an NFL team like one would a piece of art, donate it to a museum so that the docents can take care of it. Are people really saying they wouldn't want the world's richest man to buy a team and then hire football people to run it?

Unfortunately he seems to be painting a picture of an owner who would meddle too much lol...if he has an enormous amount of wealth, he may not feel motivated to deal with a bunch of guys who have 1/10th his wealth and all the dumb decisions they make. However, he's never done anything in terms of putting together a roster or a group of coaches or the thrill of landing a guy in the draft, and might decide to stick his toe in that part of the pond instead.

9 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Rumored at one point.

I am not following this at all. In fact most all the owners are billionaires. Once there how many billions makes no difference. The teams they own are toys, trophies, hobbies. He may have no interest in owning an NFL team but it has nothing to do with having too much money. He may just not be interested in football. However, unlike most owners he would be able to buy the team by himself and not have minority owners to deal with. 

29 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I am not following this at all. In fact most all the owners are billionaires. Once there how many billions makes no difference.

I'm pretty sure it makes a difference to the billionaires lol...$2 billion vs $177 billion is massive. $250M a year guaranteed from profit sharing?...Pfft...I get that just from interest alone.

I just looked at ESPN.com, not a word about this story WTF?  

I do agree that this is the first direct link to Snyder and that is significant. I also believe the NFL claiming this is new information (nonsense) and that gives them the opportunity to act further.   I still am not getting my hopes up, haven't followed it closely are there more victims to testify and possibly more to come out tying Snyder directly?  

9 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I just looked at ESPN.com, not a word about this story WTF?  

I do agree that this is the first direct link to Snyder and that is significant. I also believe the NFL claiming this is new information (nonsense) and that gives them the opportunity to act further.   I still am not getting my hopes up, haven't followed it closely are there more victims to testify and possibly more to come out tying Snyder directly?  

New allegations levied against Washington Commanders owner Dan Snyder at hearing before congressional committee

Saw it yesterday on my cell phone, they moved it out of the headlines though

11 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I'm pretty sure it makes a difference to the billionaires lol...$2 billion vs $177 billion is massive. $250M a year guaranteed from profit sharing?...Pfft...I get that just from interest alone.

Of course literally it makes a difference in terms of having more money. But once you have crossed into being a billionaire, owning a team is not as much about money as it is do they want a trophy. 

I just cannot see the argument that he has too much money to want to own a team. Major sports owners do not do it to make money. They do it as a hobby, as a toy, a trophy. 

4 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Of course literally it makes a difference in terms of having more money. But once you have crossed into being a billionaire, owning a team is not as much about money as it is do they want a trophy. 

I just cannot see the argument that he has too much money to want to own a team. Major sports owners do not do it to make money. They do it as a hobby, as a toy, a trophy. 

Think of this: how many of us really want to see what kind of owner Dan Snyder would have been if he were worth $177 billion dollars? lol...

I do, though, think like you do that most owners of an NFL team don't become owners to make money. It's usually a long-time goal rooted in things other than financial gain (not that money doesn't play any role in wanting to, of course).

EDIT: Now minority owners might be a different issue.

Edited by Califan007

5 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Florio as a nice pick about that: move away from owners and do it Packers' style.

It could be something to look for, though I really doubt it will happen, but as NFL teams are becoming more and more valuable, it's gonna tough to find people interested and able to buy them.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/03/corporate-ownership-may-be-the-only-way-to-fix-certain-issues-with-nfl-teams/

The NFL is more than likely lying here, as I doubt Beth Wilkerson missed Tiffani Johnston. I doubt the girl camed out of nowhere yesterday. But since the first report was secret they can have that stance now and say they weren't aware about it.

Will that lead to more sanctions from them on Dan? Probably, they'll have to act, and they already decided it was new.

Will they force him to sell? Doubtful but not out of the realm either.

Maybe new sanctions to appease the crowds. But he will not be removed as team owner. I am sure he has promised to go scorched earth and take them all down. That's why Kraft can own part of a human trafficking and sex ring and Irsay can be found with over $150,000 in illegal drugs in his car and high out of his mind and pretty much nothing happens. They all have too much on each other. Guaranteed mutual destruction. 

Open question to the forum and the mods, does it make sense that with congressional hearings, a separate thread be started in the tailgate about this (or is there already one?, I am bad at searching but I could not find one.) as it will undoubtedly eventually turn a bit political, even if not intentional? Just a thought. 

• Like 1