Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

3 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

That's a good point. All the connections to the past are dying off. It really has been a perfect (****) storm for the organization...

Ineptitude

Controversy

Poor Leadership

Unlikeable Owner

Corruption

Lost Identity 

There is really nothing left for a fan to hang his or her hat on and connect back to what provided so much joy or pride a couple decades ago. The class, success, name, etc. is all gone and in its place is a bad owner who allowed a bad culture to take root. And, to top it off, even casual fans who don't really pay attention or could overlook that can't even watch a good team. 

5 hours ago, redskinss said:

Losing the name has given fans an out too.

40 years I've been a fan and even when we were having one win seasons and there seemed to be no hope at all you could still cling to that.

Dan Snyder wasn't the Washington redskins, Joe Gibbs was, Darrell Green was, John riggns was, we always had that.

We were born redskins fans we'd die redskins fans.

Unfortunately the unthinkable happened, the redskins died before we did.

Now all that's left is that putrid little man and a horrible team that he gets to name.

Little dramatic?

Sure.

But it's also just basic psychology. 

It's no longer just organic being a fan of this team, am effort has to be made and Dan Snyder, oops excuse me, Mr Snyder makes that a very difficult task.

Jesus. It's like none of you people even remember Harvest Feast.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNpsvX7F9HgxPWvNCSAbB

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

5 hours ago, redskinss said:

Losing the name has given fans an out too.

40 years I've been a fan and even when we were having one win seasons and there seemed to be no hope at all you could still cling to that.

Dan Snyder wasn't the Washington redskins, Joe Gibbs was, Darrell Green was, John riggns was, we always had that.

We were born redskins fans we'd die redskins fans.

Unfortunately the unthinkable happened, the redskins died before we did.

Now all that's left is that putrid little man and a horrible team that he gets to name.

Little dramatic?

Sure.

But it's also just basic psychology. 

It's no longer just organic being a fan of this team, am effort has to be made and Dan Snyder, oops excuse me, Mr Snyder makes that a very difficult task.

I can't give this enough thumbs up.  I don't think this is dramatic at all, it concisely sums up what a large number of us feel.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

The NFL panders too much to cat lovers: Lions, Panthers, Bengals. What about dog lovers?

if for no other reason that, I’m warming towards Red Wolves or Red Setters. 

Right? There are FIVE birds.  Eagles, Seahawks, Cardinals, Ravens, Falcons.

Four cats (add Jags to your list even though jaguars ARE panthers)

Two pirates (Bucs and Raiders), two horses (Broncos and Colts), two big people (Giants and Titans), the league is just super not-creative.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Its hard to believe we still have WFT fans that spend their hard earned money and attend games.

Back in 2010, the day of the McNabb extension, playing Philly on MNF.  Sat in 3 hours worth of rush hour/gameday traffic to get to the stadium.  Only to get close to the gates and see nothing but green crowding the walkways to the upper deck chanting their Eagles crap.  Got to our seats which for many years prior, had the same usual season ticket holders, were now over half Eagles fans.  Landry blew the coverage on DJax and it was all downhill from there.  

By far the worst experience I ever had going to a game.  It's not just getting our asses kicked, it's having the Eagles fans take over your stadium and rub your nose in it at every turn.  I used to attend a game per year with a buddy of mine.  The tickets I used to get from a guy I worked with.  No matter how bad we were, we went.  That was the last time my buddy ever attended a game, he just never recovered from that humiliating experience.

That was going on 12 years ago.  With very little to be positive about since then, I can't believe there are still WFT fans willfully showing up for this team.  They deserve a medal.

I always enjoy it when the post lives up to the username.  

Well said, I couldn't agree more.  

• Like 2

Let's continue the new name talk in this thread since @Jumbo locked the other thread. I can't wait 4 weeks+ to open a new thread once official news comes out.

Prefer: Redwolves (RedWolves or Red Wolves)

Will accept: Anything else except...

Unacceptable: WFT or WFC

Edited by actorguy1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That was going on 12 years ago.  With very little to be positive about since then, I can't believe there are still WFT fans willfully showing up for this team.  They deserve a medal.

This was my last hurrah: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200811300was.htm

I have no inclination to darken the doors of FedEx, or any other stadium for that matter. Staying home, watching it on TV is a far better experience. Everything about FedEx blows--from the team on the field to the dip**** in the owners box--but especially now, given the number of opposing fans that flood that craphole. However NFL games league wide have been invaded by the drunken idiots--every week there is a video of some moron starting fights. Hard pass.

• Thumb up 1

My last game was 2014 I think when RG3 got into a shootout with the Bears. I was living out of the area at the time but went because my coworker had a box. I have not wanted to go since. I've seen more games in opposing stadiums (Linc and MetLife) than at Fedex. 

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

This was my last hurrah: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200811300was.htm

I have no inclination to darken the doors of FedEx, or any other stadium for that matter. Staying home, watching it on TV is a far better experience. Everything about FedEx blows--from the team on the field to the dip**** in the owners box--but especially now, given the number of opposing fans that flood that craphole. However NFL games league wide have been invaded by the drunken idiots--every week there is a video of some moron starting fights. Hard pass.

That was the marking of 1 year since Sean Taylor's death wasn't it?  It was a very cold day, on the very fringe of snow/ice, but it rained and rained and rained all day.  We tailgated from inside my SUV with Popeyes chicken and Jack Daniels.  Giants fans everywhere.  Sadly, I recall that day vividly.

• Like 1

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That was the marking of 1 year since Sean Taylor's death wasn't it?  It was a very cold day, on the very fringe of snow/ice, but it rained and rained and rained all day.  We tailgated from inside my SUV with Popeyes chicken and Jack Daniels.  Giants fans everywhere.  Sadly, I recall that day vividly.

Yes. I believe it was the day they added Taylor to the ring of honor...where they clearly didn't have anything planned...much worse than the number retirement, if you can believe that.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I think i know of another former player of ours that will be making his return to FedExField next season, he plays in Minnesota. Can’t wait for people to get angry about no tribute video for him too 😂 

I'm setting the over - under on the number of TD's he throws at 3.5 and will take the over.    Continuing a proud tradition of former players and coaches returning to DC victorious.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Let's continue the new name talk in this thread since @Jumbo locked the other thread. I can't wait 4 weeks+ to open a new thread once official news comes out.

Really can’t wait to be disappointed, eh?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Yes. I believe it was the day they added Taylor to the ring of honor...where they clearly didn't have anything planned...much worse than the number retirement, if you can believe that.

They did add him to the ring that day. I don't remember being disappointed in the ceremony (although in retrospect they should've retired his number then) than I was at the teams putrid play against a Plaxico-less NY on the one year anniversary of ST's death. The next week we played Baltimore on SNF and my passion for this team sank and, aside from the brief RG3 run, has evaporated since.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Sean died in 2007.  On the one-year, Zorn basically said, "Do it for Sean!" and I think lost the team right then and there since he wasn't a part of any of it.

6 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Sean died in 2007.  On the one-year, Zorn basically said, "Do it for Sean!" and I think lost the team right then and there since he wasn't a part of any of it.

Not defending Zorn overall, but if the players at the time were butthurt over that appeal, then it's no wonder why they were losers.

On another note, neckbraces are the symbol of pending litigation, right? "Get the F off the field!" Was Tony Wylie there?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32987370/fans-deny-being-offered-onsite-medical-evaluation-washington-football-team-railing-collapse-fedex-field

Edited by hail2skins

11 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Not defending Zorn overall, but if the players at the time were butthurt over that appeal, then it's no wonder why they were losers.

On another note, neckbraces are the symbol of pending litigation, right? "Get the F off the field!" Was Tony Wylie there?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32987370/fans-deny-being-offered-onsite-medical-evaluation-washington-football-team-railing-collapse-fedex-field

They were Eagles fans, so my compassion level is low.  :D

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Right, which is why the 1 year anniversary would have been 2008 and I know for certain it was the Giants game and believe Riggo is right they debuted his spot in the ring of honor that day.  We definitely got whipped, so the Zorn part is definitely believable.

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Right, which is why the 1 year anniversary would have been 2008 and I know for certain it was the Giants game and believe Riggo is right they debuted his spot in the ring of honor that day.  We definitely got whipped, so the Zorn part is definitely believable.

Sorry I mixed up your post with method man's post above yours and saw 2014.

Sorry about that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, actorguy1 said:

whoa dude you don't get to do that :) 

that could have got you a boot

and that thread is now open

you're luck since you also pm'ed me and then didn't wait

gimme a few minutes though and i may change my mind and still flag you  :)