Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

25 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

If his son inherits the team that will probably be the case. The glorious Dan Snyder years when we played a playoff game every 5 years or so.

I'm pretty sure I'll have checked out by that time, either from life in general or my fandom.

I know there's a lot of "I'm done" posts that we see here yet the same folks are still here posting and watching the games.  But the attendance figures do indicate that there are quite a few people who actually are done.  Generally speaking, I'm done spending money on the team and I used to regularly by merch and attend some games.  But I'm not done as far as watching and talking about the team - however, I'm wondering how much longer I'm going to make it even doing that.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'm pretty sure I'll have checked out by that time, either from life in general or my fandom.

I know there's a lot of "I'm done" posts that we see here yet the same folks are still here posting and watching the games.  But the attendance figures do indicate that there are quite a few people who actually are done.  Generally speaking, I'm done spending money on the team and I used to regularly by merch and attend some games.  But I'm not done as far as watching and talking about the team - however, I'm wondering how much longer I'm going to make it even doing that.

I got my son into the team so I’m still buying crap way more often than I should and try to go to at least a game a year. But my spend on gear after we won the division last year was way over the top. I bought a Chase Young signed authentic helmet, a Terry McClaurin signed plaque and way too many shirts and jerseys. That division win even at 7-9 pretty much sealed my son as a diehard fan. Now he’s not complaining about them sucking and he’s asking me if we should hope that they lose so we can get a better draft pick. It’s pretty much child abuse but hey we are miserable together!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'm with you. I still hold a curiosity for all the goings on. It's bizarre how just a couple years ago I couldn't imagine not being anxious and in front of a TV at kickoff. Now, I'm aware and I follow how the games are going, but I do so either watching RedZone, cutting the grass, checking my phone, etc. The passion is gone. I want them to continue to look ridiculous because that's what they've earned as an organization. 

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I got my son into the team so I’m still buying crap way more often than I should and try to go to at least a game a year. But my spend on gear after we won the division last year was way over the top. I bought a Chase Young signed authentic helmet, a Terry McClaurin signed plaque and way too many shirts and jerseys. That division win even at 7-9 pretty much sealed my son as a diehard fan. Now he’s not complaining about them sucking and he’s asking me if we should hope that they lose so we can get a better draft pick. It’s pretty much child abuse but hey we are miserable together!

My son was ripe for the RG3 era - he turned 5 that year.  We had matching #10 jerseys, took him to training camp, the draft day party in 2013, etc.  I thought it was a match made in heaven.  His enthusiasm died big time after Kirk left.  Now he just kind of comes out and says 'did they win?' and thats about it.

• Sad 1

Yeah I'm basically following this team out of some weird, civic obligation combined with morbid curiosity. But I've watched, like, two games (one in person) and neither one of them was all that great. Same general mediocrity I've been watching since I was a boy during the *N O R V* years.

• Like 3

I’ve tried to stop watching, but that lasts up until about 30 min before kick off. Gone are the days of preparing food and getting excited. I used to get so pumped, now I’m just like…eh… 

I’ve even tried convincing myself I will root for another team. I like watching other games, but I just can’t get invested into them. My last Washington product that I purchased was a Haynesworth jersey. Actually, I didn’t even buy it, it was gifted to me by my MIL. I really forget the last time I purchased something from this team. It was probably a few years prior to Haynesworthless. 

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Interesting. Jason Wright's last tweet was on October 14, 

He's still retweeted some stuff but he's been mostly be silent

Isn't he still on a road trip with Dan to figure out the mascot and new stadium design? 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, duffy said:

Isn't he still on a road trip with Dan to figure out the mascot and new stadium design? 

That future stadium probably won't happen anytime soon.

And by soon I mean 2050.

Who would want to have this team and mess in town ? Not much I believe.

Dan can dream all he wants he's not gonna have what he wants except by fully buying it himself.

Which he just can't because he's basically broke.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

3 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

That future stadium probably won't happen anytime soon.

And by soon I mean 2050.

Who would want to have this team and mess in town ? Not much I believe.

Dan can dream all he wants he's not gonna have what he wants except by fully buying it himself.

Which he just can't because he's basically broke.

Money talks, man. DC government will fold when push comes to shove in 2027, watch.

21 hours ago, ClaytoAli said:

Really want to kill a demon to get to the devil?

rather have just an average wealthy person buy the team and let the football people do the football thing.

no need the have passes delivered in an Amazon truck

I just dont think anyone that is going to be able to buy this team is going to be clean. And I would rather get someone who is filthy rich and successful who won't try to run the football side. He knows how to run a business and will let the qualified people he pays do their jobs. 

11 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

I just dont think anyone that is going to be able to buy this team is going to be clean. And I would rather get someone who is filthy rich and successful who won't try to run the football side. He knows how to run a business and will let the qualified people he pays do their jobs. 

Is there such a thing as too rich tho? At a net worth of nearly 200 Billy, a football franchise would be relatively worthless to Bezos compared to the rest of his portfolio.

He would be dang near being an NFL owner just for yuks.

Either that means he can ignore us and let football people handle everything....

or

We get to see a Madden Franchise in real life when we become his plaything.

Either pathway would be interesting