Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

I think we can close this thread--or rename it the "Same **** Different People" thread. I was hoping this sort of transparent bull**** would stop with Ron Rivera and Jason Wright running the show, but nope. Most sane, well-run teams announce this type of event before the season, weeks/months in advance, not days. This is clearly a distraction from more noise around the emails and sexual harassment scandal. Anyone with an ounce of sense sees it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I truly believe all of the attention swelling up around this investigation will be the best opportunity we ever have to get away from Snyder.

More and more people are asking why those emails came out, and more and more are finding out this all leads back to Washington. Once there are more leaks, people will be out for more heads to roll. 

I have this growing suspicion that we maybe just maybe get a Donald Sterling ending, with Snyder being banned from the league, when this is all said in done.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its overdue but its such a joke they're using it as a way to distract people but our fanbase is too smart to be distracted by it

Exactly.  Who doesn't see through this?  Why not do it at the first home game of the year?  Did they even plan on doing it before now?  If so, were they just waiting till they needed to try to distract from another scandal?  Pathetic.  They just continue to grasp at straws to (in their minds) appease the 20k WFT fans that actually show up.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

I have this growing suspicion that we maybe just maybe get a Donald Sterling ending, with Snyder being banned from the league, when this is all said in done.

Don't hold your breath. The league is digging in their heels and not releasing the emails. They look out for their own and they won't touch Snyder. 

The 1st 10,000 get a towel similar to the 2007 ones they gave away. So, 10,000 Chiefs fans will get a towel.

• Haha 1

LATimes article, in case it wasn't posted:

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2021-10-12/nfl-jon-gruden-emails-washington-football-team

Jon Gruden emails were part of June court filing by WFT owner Dan Snyder

Several inflammatory emails by Jon Gruden were filed as exhibits in federal court by attorneys for Washington Football Team owner Daniel Snyder in mid-June, almost four months before they were leaked to two newspapers and led to Gruden’s resignation as coach of the Las Vegas Raiders.

The heavily redacted emails between Gruden and then-Redskins president Bruce Allen filed in U.S. District Court in Arizona include offensive language, chummy conversations with journalists — including an ESPN journalist referring to Allen as “Mr. Editor” while seeking feedback on an unpublished story he sent to Allen to review — and a barrage of complaints about the state of the NFL.

Gruden’s name and personal email address aren’t redacted — apparently by mistake — in an exchange with Allen from November 2017 discussing a news story about the NFL potentially keeping teams in their locker rooms during the national anthem because of players kneeling on the field in protest during the song.

“These guys can’t come up with a good idea if their life depended on it,” Allen wrote.

Gruden sent a one-word response — starting with “p” and ending in “ies” with the three middle letters redacted.

In another email, the “ESPN Personality” wrote Allen in August 2014 and called a “Redacted — Football Person” a “clueless anti football p***y.” The New York Times reported the email referred to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and the slur, partially redacted in the email, is “****.”

Allen responded: “I think that summarized properly.”

[...]Several emails between Allen and journalists are part of the filing too. In one of them from July 2011, ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter sent Allen the draft of an unpublished story that was published later the same day.

“Please let me know if you see anything that should be added, changed, tweaked,” Schefter wrote. “Thanks, Mr. Editor, for that and the trust. Plan to file this to espn about 6 am ….”

[...]The emails were filed as part of an effort by Snyder’s legal team to compel Allen to produce discovery in connection with a defamation lawsuit Snyder is pursuing in India against a media company called MEAWW for stories it published in July 2020.

“Accordingly, Petitioner [Snyder] has a good faith belief that Respondent [Allen] has specific knowledge of the creation and distribution of the MEAWW articles, and thus has information relevant to the Indian Action,” the filing by Snyder’s attorneys in April said.

The correspondence with media, including Gruden, Schefter and others covering the team, refuted Allen’s sworn statement he “maintained a low profile with respect to the media” and “never served as an anonymous source for any news or media reports.”

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 2

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Can’t we just be happy that it’s being retired instead of finding a way to be negative?

What do we have to be happy about? Yes, the number deservers to be retired. They way they handled it as poor--just like everything else they do. It's not like we have to search very hard to find things to be negative about, either.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

C'mon, they have had this planned for months. It just happened to land on this week! - Not!!!!  Total bull****. I keep thinking that we cannot be taken any further down by this little piece of ****, but no he is the gift that keeps on giving. 

And reading above, how does Bruce Allen stay out of this? He should be banned, although no one except danny boy would hire him anyway. 

And the beat goes on. 

True Story Behind the 2016 Election Dumpster Fire GIF

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Pretty sure the Sean Taylor 21 being retired is part of the alumni homecoming game, which is Sunday. 

I think it’s long overdue, but still good that it’s being retired. Can’t we just be happy that it’s being retired instead of finding a way to be negative?

I get your point - and memories of Sean are very positive.  I just find myself looking for the real reason "they" do anything because time and time again they have proved to be doing it for anything other than for the right reasons.  I am skeptical when they do anything that appears to be positive.

I just hope they don't screw up the actual ceremony.

Unknown.jpeg

• Like 3

15 hours ago, profusion said:

There's been a huge wave of criticism of NDAs in settlement of sexual harassment lawsuits or complaints. Wright was supposed to be changing the culture away from silencing victims.

No he wasn't. That's a legal matter. Wright was supposed to be changing the workplace culture and one of the ways he felt that could occur was through active diversity in positions of leadership instead of everyone being male and (almost) all being white. The only thing he would have been involved in concerning NDAs and settlements would have been in revamping the HR department, which I think the NFL actually took the lead on that anyway.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its overdue but its such a joke they're using it as a way to distract people but our fanbase is too smart to be distracted by it

Thats too cynical, this was overdue, we can't look at every positive thing they do as some kinda laser pointer for cats.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Except, it DID happen to land on this week, which is the alumni homecoming game. It’s kinda expected that something like that would happen at the game all the alumni players attend. I dont see it as any sort of coincidence. 

Since it's becoming clear danny boy gave up the emails, is it too far a stretch to think he scheduled the Sean ceremony around the time he knew these emails would hit? 

Sorry, not buying this is totally innocent. The guy is a total piece of **** and will never change. I would put nothing past his sliminess. 

• Like 3

When you do so many things wrong, even the things that are done right are met with some amount of skepticism or flat out non-belief.

It's hard to think that they're retiring ST's #21 without trying to use it as a distraction from the mess that's happened this week.  I'd like to believe that they've had this planned for weeks but it's hard to believe.  They should have announced it months or at least a few weeks ago.   It should have been on the calendar before the season started.

Also...I ****ing hate the homecoming thing.  And I've been to several of them, shot several of them.  It's kinda cool to see those guys up close and personal but that's not every fans experience.  It's appropriate that the WFT would have something like this seeing as high school programs are probably run better than they are.  What the ****s next, a homecoming dance? 

It's so sad and pathetic that this team can do nothing but reach back to the glory years to remind fans how good the good old days were and they can't even do that right.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Yeah but why wasn’t it announced weeks ago? 

That means you also have to ask: why would they wait?

If you want to be conspiratorial you'll think they knew for months that this email flap was going to come to light and they held back on announcing it just in case the Gruden/Allen emails came to light during this week. But then you'd also have to come up with a reason why they didn't announce it on Monday or even last Friday instead.

If you want to be WFT-cynical, you'll say they are still bumbling around when it comes to PR or that having Tanya in charge means stuff isn't getting done as it should be. But then you'd have to believe the ST announcement would have gone smoother under Dan's leadership (or that anything whatsoever could run smoother with him at the helm lol).

I honestly don't think it's worth the energy required to worry about it.

Sean's getting his jersey retired, and it deserves to be. Take it out of circulation. Glad they're doing it.

Not only are we winning the offseason now, but also, the non football on season.  Basically, if we are not dealing with the football playing aspect of the team, we are kicking ass.  The trouble with you all on "Extreme" is you are more obsessed with wins and losses than the other more important aspects of the team.

• Haha 1

They should’ve done this in November. It’s a pos move with the lack of proper notice by this organization and it’s so sad to see so many of our fans fall for it after everything this organization has done under Snyder’s watch. Wake up. 

Edited by BayouBrave86
  • Like 1