Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Second, the minority owners ... the turnover, the culture changing. Bruce Allen being gone. There is enough stuff here to drive the story to come out now that doesn't directly mean Bezos suddenly grew interested in the team and dispatched "his" reporters to dig up dirt.

As absolute 100% sense that Bezos makes to buy the team ... it's also not a guarantee.

Is Bezos going to make a play for Snyder's 60%? Does he want the whole thing?

The FedEx / Fred Smith connection is fascinating. He and Fred Smith CERTAINLY have a business relationship. Amazon has used FedEx for years for shipping. Amazon is also standing up Prime Air to get away from FedEx and has announced a severing of the business relationship in the coming years.

Now maybe they both know it's business and are close/friends/amicable. But it's an interesting dynamic. Clearly they know each other, that's for certain. They've done business together for years. So do they link up to buy the team with the 60/40 split, or does Smith see Bezos as a way to cash out and move on?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

How did we go from yelling at each other about our crappy football team to this? 😐

I think that's just how bad ownership, the FO coaching and even players have been. The toxicity has even spread to the fanbase. This all starts with the owner, what kind of a piece of excrement Danny is and what he had allowed to occur in this organization.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Couple of things here. Bezos and WaPo writers have explicitly stated Bezos has no sway over how the Post reports. In fact, the Post has reported many negative Amazon stories under Bezos' ownership. It's a lazy comparison and out of the "right wing" playbook to say the WaPo drives Bezos' agenda. It discredits the good journalists that work there.

Second, the minority owners ... the turnover, the culture changing. Bruce Allen being gone. There is enough stuff here to drive the story to come out now that doesn't directly mean Bezos suddenly grew interested in the team and dispatched "his" reporters to dig up dirt.

Agree with this 100%

The WaPo literally built its name by taking down the Nixon administration under heavy threat of legal action.  There's no way they'd destroy that reputation so their owner can save a few bucks on buying an NFL team.

Also, I seriously doubt the NFL owners would block Bezos from buying a team. They'd welcome it.  First off, he's independently wealthy, which is no longer the case with Snyder.  Second, he runs a media empire (albeit a small one- Amazon Prime)- which is always a good thing.  Third, despite all the negative things in the news, he's still considered a 'cool' new money billionaire who isn't too brash.  The owners would clear a path for him to buy the team if he was interested, even if there was a conflict of interest.

Edited by wrilbo67
  • Like 6

37 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Nah, that seems too wild to be true.  I don't buy that.

On it's face, I wouldn't necessarily be inclined to go there either. And I don't know what Doc specifically said, but I just watched the Epstein doc on Netflix yesterday and it's not wild at all that rich, east coast billionaires might run in the same circle and cross paths.  It's not a big club.  Now, simply meeting Epstein is a scarlet letter these days.  Anybody that's ever met him is a potential co-conspirator.  God forbid there's a pic existing somewhere of them together.  If you're friendly with him, you seemingly must be involved and know what he was up to.  It was like that with Harvey Weinstein.

Edited by justice98

If Bezos buys the team, I'm all in.  Call them the Washington Amazonians, have helmets with that stupid little arrow/smiley logo thing they have on all their boxes...we'd have someone that could outspend Jerruh, it'd be great.  We'd have a stadium that would make the Cowboys stadium look like a dumpster you go shoot rats at after work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Couple of things here. Bezos and WaPo writers have explicitly stated Bezos has no sway over how the Post reports. In fact, the Post has reported many negative Amazon stories under Bezos' ownership. It's a lazy comparison and out of the "right wing" playbook to say the WaPo drives Bezos' agenda. It discredits the good journalists that work there.

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

No chance they would block Bezos.  Lowering the value of the franchise wouldn't be of interest to him, dude could buy the entire league.

That statement undermines the integrity of the WaPo.  They've had some slip ups in the past but they have some good journalists there with good journalistic integrity. 

Subscriber to WaPo here, I know every time his name is mentioned in an article they put he owns the paper.

Why is this report coming out now?  Because reporters are all acting like they knew all along, were they told not to do it, and now told it was okay?

Why?

2 minutes ago, wrilbo67 said:

Agree with this 100%

The WaPo literally built its name by taking down the Nixon administration under heavy threat of legal action.  There's no way they'd destroy that reputation so their owner can save a few bucks on buying an NFL team.

Thats cool. I didn't know that 

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

If Bezos buys the team, I'm all in.  Call them the Washington Amazonians, have helmets with that stupid little arrow/smiley logo thing they have on all their boxes...we'd have someone that could outspend Jerruh, it'd be great.  We'd have a stadium that would make the Cowboys stadium look like a dumpster you go shoot rats at after work.

That is oddly specific . . .

• Haha 7

10 minutes ago, MariusVT said:

Except if the league just wants Dan gone and a guy with Bezos money in.  If you put on a tin foil hat, it all makes sense.

A league that would play the "black national anthem" before apologizing to Kapernick, yes, wouldn't put it past them.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

As absolute 100% sense that Bezos makes to buy the team ... it's also not a guarantee.

The FedEx / Fred Smith connection is fascinating. He and Fred Smith CERTAINLY have a business relationship. Amazon has used FedEx for years for shipping. Amazon is also standing up Prime Air to get away from FedEx and has announced a severing of the business relationship in the coming years.

Now maybe they both know it's business and are close/friends/amicable. But it's an interesting dynamic. Clearly they know each other, that's for certain. They've done business together for years. So do they link up to buy the team with the 60/40 split, or does Smith see Bezos as a way to cash out and move on?

From the perspective of supply chain, it is much easier for Amazon to have their own shipping and delivering systems than rely on a third party that you can't have control over.  It's the same reason why McDonalds has their own shipping and distribution centers.  There is a lot of potential for disruption when you rely on others to do that job for you.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

But you just need to put it out there in the ether and that's good enough.  It never has to be true and it's already too late.  If Bezos were to get the team, this conspiracy will never go away.

4 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

From the perspective of supply chain, it is much easier for Amazon to have their own shipping and delivering systems than rely on a third party that you can't have control over.  It's the same reason why McDonalds has their own shipping and distribution centers.  There is a lot of potential for disruption when you rely on others to do that job for you.  

• Like 1

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Subscriber to WaPo here, I know every time his name is mentioned in an article they put he owns the paper.

Why is this report coming out now?  Because reporters are all acting like they knew all along, were they told not to do it, and now told it was okay?

Why?

Maybe now because someone (Bruce Allen) turned over the receipts to the WP.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Why?

Cause it's 2020 man, haven't you been paying attention?  ****'s going down left and right.

I'm guessing because someone investigated the Santos/Mann firings and went down a big ass rabbit hole that they didn't realize how big it was.  

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Here's the deal with Bezos. I know more about him than most because of the intel/research that went into the HQ2 process. He built Amazon ruthlessly for customer satisfaction. Everything Amazon does is for the customer. He is the richest man in the world. He bought a massive mansion in DC and bought the Washington Post because he wants to rekindle that "social influencer" role. He has expressed interest in buying an NFL team.

As fans, we ARE the customers of the team. If you think he wouldn't plunge money into upgrading everything about the franchise you are sorely mistaken. And he isn't going to see it as a money-maker, though that would be a nice bonus. It would cost $3.5-5 billion to buy the team. He has made $40 billion in the last 2 weeks alone.

New facilities in Ashburn. New Stadium. New everything.

But no, the team would not be called the Amazonians. The NFL is going to lay out the red carpet for Bezos as an owner, but they wouldn't sacrifice the integrity of the league and let him name the team anything related to his businesses. Stadium name, absolutely. Team name? Nah.

• Like 4

Just now, Painkiller said:

Looking at those recently browsing is like a who’s who lost of Extremeskins OG’s.  Everybody is coming out of the woodwork for this one, lol.

Yeah haha, it's made this kind of fun. It's been enjoyable seeing some of the older guard. 

And I'm still pissed that I didn't get my Ring of Fame thread post (or the title). 

• Like 1