Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

9 minutes ago, Poindexter said:

I think Kyle is named GM and he's cleaning house.  Hopefully

The multiple reports with details on this development seem to indicate everything surrounding it to be negative. I would be surprised if Kyle Smith being elevated has anything to do with it. 

Santos was lucky to escape the cull earlier in the year. Pretty sure it’s was rumored then he was fired, only for that to be proven false.

Tampering  FO staff from other teams?

Bruce coming back in an advisory role?

Just love the drama. Might as well get it all done and dusted at once.

Yes Warren looks to be an easy addition beeing former Skins great and having a relation with Ron. 

But the hire could show us who is in command. If I'm Ron I would say "Kyle hire who YOU want. He works on your team. Get me somebody you are comfortable with" instead of "I know and like this guy. Good luck with him".

• Like 2

I didn’t grow up on social media, so my thinking may be way off on this, but here is an idea. Why don’t you wait till you know for sure instead of posting “something non football happened but we may find out soon”. Like ok, cool thanks?

Also, I’d rather not go the Warren route.

Lastly, can Snyder be the first owner to ruin two brands. The Redskins and whatever name we chose next? 

Edited by dyst
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I have a hard tine accepting the doomsday theories that we're beung punished by the league for some sort of Santos misconduct (whatever that may be). The national guys would be all over it. 

agreed. I cant imagine what it could possibly be that would be as major as the local beat guys are insinuating. Tampering would be national news (and goddamn that better not be it. Would feel like another mara 36 mil attack considering the blatant tampering the pats get away with annually), something related to metoo probably would have leaked on social media, anything illegal and there woild be charges, so i truly cant wrap my head around what it could be. 

• Like 1

This quote from a WP article today leads me to believe they are going with Washington Warriors:

In the July 4 interview, Rivera said he and Snyder had come up with two names that Rivera really liked. He did not reveal the names but said he wanted to confer with Native American and military organizations to make sure that the new name properly honored both.

What name other than Warriors would you be checking with both Native American and military groups?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/07/12/redskins-retire-team-name-monday-new-name-be-revealed-later/

48 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

This quote from a WP article today...

Try the name change thread in the tailgate. There's 600 pages discussing it. Think the mods want to keep it there. There are other names that honour both.