Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Suggestions for New Team Name, New Logos etc. Go Here- (by member request)

19 minutes ago, profusion said:

Warriors is so bland that it's perfect for the current NFL.

I'm sure the NFL's marketing operation will have a big say in this. Don't expect anything edgy or fun. 

<snip>

That is such a brutally cynical point of view that I am now at least 90% certain that when the dust settles we will be the Washington Warriors.

P.S. On reflection make that 95% sure.

2 minutes ago, SumTingWong said:

That is such a brutally cynical point of view that I am now at least 90% certain that when the dust settles we will be the Washington Warriors.

P.S. On reflection make that 95% sure.

It's a function of middle age. If you reach my age without being cynical about the government and corporate America, it means you haven't been paying attention. 😄

So yes, Warriors it is!

16 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

At this rate, I don't care what it is, so long as we stray from the need to "Honor" Natives. You're not honoring anyone naming a football team after them. Just stop with that .

Agreed.  It’s over.  Let’s let it die gracefully.  No half-measures.

31 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Snyder and Ron already have their minds made up, that was all talk when they were saying there would be fan input. At least Abe Pollin pretended to care what tbe fans thought when he changed the Bullets name.

After reading that second article where Rivera claims they’ve been working on this for weeks I think you’re right. They have made up their minds and the whole “We are going to examine and deliberate on  the issue” bs is just to give US, the fans, time to get used to the idea. 

While I know there are time constraints and economic pressures forcing a quick decision it kind of sucks if we end up with no input.

19 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yup. Of course Nicolas Cage ruined that like he ruins everything else

The only Nicolas Cage film that I like was the uncompromisingly dark masterpiece “Leaving Las Vegas”.

I think it’s because he plays a thoroughly unlikeable and unsympathetic character which means he didn’t have to act, he could just be himself. ;)

I assumed this would work for the baseball team in Atlanta but how about

Washington Brave

Singular, so not directly affiliated with native Americans and also abstract enough it can't be tied to anything. 

Or

Washington Courage

Washington Valor

Idk, spit balling

54 minutes ago, httrMP said:

They want something paying tribute to Native Americans and the military:

• AH-64 Apache attack helicopter
• UH-60 Black Hawk utility helicopter
• UH-72 Lakota utility helicopter
• CH-47 Chinook heavy-lift transport helicopter
• OH-58 Kiowa observation helicopter, which the Army is considering retiring them
• OH-6 Cayuse observation helicopter
• TH-67 Creek trainer helicopter—the Army may retire them, too

How dare someone name a tool of war after an entire group of people? Those will be the next targets. Followed by Jeep Cherokees, Dodge Dakotas, and of course ALL Pontiacs. See where this logic leads? 

Go, Red Wolves. 

1 minute ago, carex said:

I've heard people are actually suggesting the Sentinels, like the Replacements movie

glad I'm not the only one who feels Warriors is very generic

No native american component unfortunately.

However The Washington Sentinels could have one great mascot:

seninels-comic.jpg

3 minutes ago, carex said:

I've heard people are actually suggesting the Sentinels, like the Replacements movie

glad I'm not the only one who feels Warriors is very generic

Most team names are generic. It really doesn't bother me. Just bring home a Lombardi trophy and I'm happy.

Of course the minor league baseball team in Richmond is the Flying Squirrels. Is that edgy enough?

18 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

I assumed this would work for the baseball team in Atlanta but how about

Washington Brave

Singular, so not directly affiliated with native Americans and also abstract enough it can't be tied to anything. 

Or

Washington Courage

Washington Valor

Idk, spit balling

I would love the Valor if it wasn’t already linked to an AFL team

36 minutes ago, SumTingWong said:

That actually works! 

Fred earned a purple heart during the second world war and perhaps he had Native American blood going back a few generations.

https://tv.avclub.com/before-fred-sanford-became-a-junkman-he-earned-a-purpl-1798246663

According to Wikipedia, he did have Native American blood:

Foxx was born John Elroy Sanford on December 9, 1922 in St. Louis, Missouri and raised in Chicago's South Side. His father, Fred Sanford, an electrician and auto mechanic from Hickman, Kentucky, left the family when Foxx was four years old. He was raised by his half-Seminole mother, Mary Hughes, from Ellisville, Mississippi, his grandmother and his minister.

22 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

I'm not against the name, but it's time for Snyder to finally get serious which it looks he is and change it

Why? Firing Bruce was good enough....until i see a vote with only native americans and that vote is majority for a name change, then ok done deal change the name, but until then i dont think Snyder has to do anything...id like to see a Vote.

9 hours ago, SumTingWong said:

2. Red Wolves- Wolves roam in packs and they are bad ass creatures.

Here on the Outer Banks of NC, Red Wolves were reintroduced to the wild back in the 80’s.  Still a small contingent near Alligator River.   Red Wolves are a federally protected species, currently “critically endangered”.  

I like the name “red wolves” better than the others discussed, however what’s the connection to Washington other than a marvel character?  

To be honest, if we aren’t going to be the Redskins anymore, let’s just be Washington.  Take a page out of the English premier league and just go by your location.  

Archived