Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Suggestions for New Team Name, New Logos etc. Go Here- (by member request)

3 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Washington Warpath?

Name is already in the fight song.

Changing the name to something that also has a top definition in relation to Native Americans is not going to change the "No Your Mascot" folks. 

Definition of warpath

1: the route taken by a party of American Indians going on a warlike expedition or to a war

2 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Washington Warpath?

there's a fan site with warpath in the name---i dunno if that's any kind of obstacle to the rights

really, i like a lot of what you all are coming up with

i'm noting i can be this much a fan of this team for so long and have zero creative ideas in these matters

thank goodness i'm so damn pretty

31 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Warriors. This way if Snyder still wants to donate to Native American areas, it can be as the Warriors. If Rivera wants to do something with the Military, that honors them as Warriors. If anybody else in the Org wants to do something for Front-Line Workers or Doctors/Nurses/EMTs. You call them Warriors too.

Got to agree, Warriors is the best by far. Its not even close IMO......although I do like DC Warriors.

New coach, new name, new stadium deal, new rebranding/marketing bounty.

Dan may have fallen in the river and come out with pockets full of fish.....

1. Warriors- Been a fan of the name since the first real "scare" in '14 when 50 US Senators signed a letter to the NFL asking for a name change. 

2. Redhawks - Good name if you want to keep the R on the logo. Also sounds badass.

Don't really understand the buildup around "Redtails" besides the story behind it and someone making a sick looking mockup of the uni's. The name doesn't get me hyped up. 

1 minute ago, primetime441 said:

1. Warriors- Been a fan of the name since the first real "scare" in '14 when 50 US Senators signed a letter to the NFL asking for a name change. 

2. Redhawks - Good name if you want to keep the R on the logo. Also sounds badass.

Don't really understand the buildup around "Redtails" besides the story behind it and someone making a sick looking mockup of the uni's. The name doesn't get me hyped up. 

1. Not unique enough for me. Whatever the name is, I want it to be unique to the franchise

2. Too similar to the Seahawks, whom I hate with a passion lol...

38 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Washington Warpath?

I kind of like that, but there is no way they're going to use a name that has "war" in it, especially one that references that aspect of Native American culture. 

It has a nice ring to it, though. 

Really, this comes down to two lines of thought. Is the name "Redskins" the main thing that needs to change or does that need to go AND any association with Native Americans? I see plenty of supporters for both ends of the spectrum here. I'm very much in the former group, and I'm glad to hear that Snyder is as well. 

I wouldn't view that as a "half-assed" or "cowardly" approach at all. The cowardly approach, to me, is to just change EVERYTHING to something generic just to appease and "avoid future conflict." Yes, there will still be those who will feel like a sports team shouldn't represent a group of people or a culture, etc. (I don't at all think using NA imagery combined with a positive, powerful NA name does that, but that's a debate for a different thread). But just changing "Redskins" will, imo, effectively solve this issue. Can you really imagine a broadcaster refusing to use the word "Warriors" or "Red Wolves" because the helmet might have a feather on it? Thankfully we don't have any "tomahawk chops" in our arsenal, and I don't see many fans in headdresses anymore, so ... I don't think there's much to worry about if this is done the right way, i.e., evolving to a new name while preserving much of the legacy/heritage associated with the team. 

Btw, really like the "Natives" idea above as well. 

5 minutes ago, zskins said:

The Washington's...

Redtails

Rainbirds

Rammers

Rooters

Runners

Redhawks

Robins

Riders

Renegades

Redbulls (i see a company sponsoring this ;) )

Rhinos

I just want something that starts with a R. Like the R in Redskins. 

Redtails: too milquetoast

Rainbirds: I think that was the name of my 9 year old daughter's soccer team

Rammers: Ah...no

Rooters: "rooting" means ****ing in Australia lol...they laugh when we talk about the team we root for; not to mention all the Roto-Rooter jokes that will surface

Runners: What is this, track?

Redhawks: Nope...too similar to Seahawks

Robins: I think that was the name of my 9 year old daughters Girl Scout trooop

Riders: Emblem's gonna be a guy on a bike...or the subway

Renegades: Sounds like a minor league team ot of Dayton, Ohio

Redbulls: Too product-placement-ish

Rhinos: Republican Hos In Name Only

How about Náshdóítsoh -- Navajo for Red Tiger (Shorten it to Náshdó or whatever lol)

Or Chidí naatʼaʼí dilwoʼí -- Navajo for Fighter (shorten that mf'er too lol...the Washington Chidi would strike so much fear in the hearts of absolutely no one!)

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Redtails: too milquetoast

Rainbirds: I think that was the name of my 9 year old daughter's soccer team

Rammers: Ah...no

Rooters: "rooting" means ****ing in Australia lol...they laugh when we talk about the team we root for; not to mention all the Roto-Rooter jokes that will surface

Runners: What is this, track?

Redhawks: Nope...too similar to Seahawks

Robins: I think that was the name of my 9 year old daughters Girl Scout trooop

Riders: Emblem's gonna be a guy on a bike...or the subway

Renegades: Sounds like a minor league team ot of Dayton, Ohio

Redbulls: Too product-placement-ish

Rhinos: Republican Hos In Name Only

How about Náshdóítsoh -- Navajo for Red Tiger (Shorten it to Náshdó or whatever lol)

Or Chidí naatʼaʼí dilwoʼí -- Navajo for Fighter (shorten that mf'er too lol...the Washington Chidi would strike so much fear in the hearts of absolutely no one!)

The Renegades was an USFL team....lol

I do like Red Tigers though. 

Nah, gotta keep the logo if we change it to warriors.  The logo is not part of what everyone thinks is offensive.

27 minutes ago, FunBunch7 said:

Just messing around with a few ideas that keep our color/theme intact...

image.png.b0672badbeb6b6aff786d47b9b25744d.png

2 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

Washington Dukes after DC’s most famous son, Duke Ellington.

Too JMUish.

Archived