Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Suggestions for New Team Name, New Logos etc. Go Here- (by member request)

RENAGADES (someone who doesn't follow a set of rules..a rebel)

Our founding fathers (George Washington) started this great nation because they rebelled against Great Britains rules

Keep the "R" helmet from the 70s or Riggins on helmet cause he may be they greatest Renegade this proud franchise has ever know "lighten up Sandy Baby"

2 minutes ago, kirken said:

RENAGADES (someone who doesn't follow a set of rules..a rebel)

Our founding fathers (George Washington) started this great nation because they rebelled against Great Britains rules

Keep the "R" helmet from the 70s or Riggins on helmet cause he may be they greatest Renegade this proud franchise has ever know "lighten up Sandy Baby"

I actually like this a lot.

I say we don't have a new name...just be Washington. Keep the emblem, the colors, everything else intact. Just drop the name. Hell, some in the media have already been puffing out their chests proclaiming they will just say "Washington" anyway, so it should be easy for everyone to be ok with.

If there HAS to be a team name, I suggest the Washington TTFKARs.

(if you're a Prince fan you'll figure it out lol)

1st choice:

Washington (no team name) - With this the team officially drops Redskins but we (Redskins Nation) would continue to call them The Redskins unofficially.  That way they can't technically complain about it.

2nd choice:

Washington Burgundy and Gold - I know it's long but it's really just a place holder for the outsiders to use.  Like in the scenario for my first choice, Redskins Nation would continue to unofficially call them the Redskins.

In both of these scenario's the logo can stay the same but also The Burgundy and Gold could use a B&G script design.  

I just see all of the suggestions coming in such as the Red Tails, Generals, Warriors, or whatever are CORNY AS HELL!!!  I'm terrified that this is going in the direction of a "Wizards" type of re-brand 🤮.  I really wish we could keep the name.

HTTR

I’m at a point as long as it doesn’t totally stink and it will stand any body else that might be offended efforts I can live with it.

its real easy to pick the low hanging fruit.  Let’s not be that.

Assuming we decide to keep red in the name, for continuities sake with  HTTR and our fight song, here are a few possibilities in descending order of preference (and seriousness).

1. Red Tails- Honors military heroes and would be a personal source of pride.

2. Red Wolves- Wolves roam in packs and they are bad ass creatures.

3. Red Hawks- Apparently there are actual Red Tail Hawks in the DMV area.

4. Red Doves- Peace through strength. Philosophically interesting but kinda meh otherwise.

5. Red Dragons- Has the makings of a great logo but I am a bit anti-dragon after the disappointing GOT denouement.

6. Red, White and Blue- Patriotic to the core but doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue.

7. Red Rum- Submitted for Kubrick fans everywhere.

8. Red Skulls- Pay Disney a few million for use of their CGI red skull as our mascot and use his face as a macabre logo.

9. Red Alert or Red Menace- Commies everywhere duck and cover!

10. Red Foxx- “This is the big one Elizabeth I’m coming to join you honey!

11. Red Hot Riding Hoods- A nod to the great absurdist of animation, Tex Avery.

12. Red Balloons- My second favorite movie as a toddler next to the original WWATCF, of course.

3 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

Anything with a "ths" at the end is just too hard to say properly. People will just end up saying "Mammuss."

Agreed, us Londoners have a problem with "th" anywhere in a word. It would end up being pronounced "Mammufs".

It depend if they stay as Washington or go with DC 

Washington Wild Hogs, War Hogs, Warthogs-I’m coming around on keeping Hogs in the name there

Washington Red Tails, Red Hawks, Red Hogs (keep Red in the name)

Washington Burgundy (stays with tradition and the tradition informs the name)

DC Demons, Guardians, Dragons, Diesels

A wild Card name:

DC Demon Cats (urban legend from Capitol Hill, gives local flavor)

3 minutes ago, dyst said:

It is unorthodox but I like the name Burgandy & Gold that is going around or B/G for short.

It is unique, trendy, relevant and sets a trend.

I think it could work, it plays to the team’s history and goes along with names like the Mean Green, Crimson, Crimson Tide etc

15 minutes ago, hogdirty said:

1st choice:

Washington (no team name) - With this the team officially drops Redskins but we (Redskins Nation) would continue to call them The Redskins unofficially.  That way they can't technically complain about it.

I made the same suggestion up above lol...I would love it if that were to happen. You actually force people to fill in the rest of the name in their heads.

I also suggested the Washington TTFKARs (The Team Formerly Known As Redskins).

Archived