Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Suggestions for New Team Name, New Logos etc. Go Here- (by member request)


Recommended Posts

Warriors.  Buy the dang trademark back - appease both sides of the ones that want the Redskins name removed, while acknowledging the fact that a sizeable portion of the fanbase are Native Americans and don't completely turn on them.

 

Do a revised version of the spear logo, and move forward and past these conversations once and for all. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm leaning strong towards Mammoths, make the fur Burgundy with gold tusks. Of course you need to make it look pissed off and intimidating. 

 

 

hith-woolly_mammoth-2.jpg

 

Edited by spjunkies
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Of the suggestions I seen so far 


Love: Redtails  

           RedHawks    
          RedWolves

 

Wouldn’t Mind: Warriors

                          Diplomats

 

Hate: Generals

          Monuments 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I could get behind the following as long as the colors remain the same and the Native American imagery remains:

 

1. Warriors

2. Red Wolves. As the wolf is often a spiritual figure in NA lore, this could still fit. Also, there is an obscure Marvel hero named "Red Wolf" who's a Native American hero. How's this for a logo, lol:

Red Wolf (2015 - 2016) | Comic Series | Marvel

 

And ... just look at that color scheme:

All-New, All-Different Marvel' Spotlight: Meet Red Wolf ...

 

Anything related to "monuments" or politics can pound sand, as can anything with no attachment to NA culture. 

 

Edited by Dissident2
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 09 said:

if not Warriors or military themed ...

 

... like Mammoth’s a lot.

 

... Shark’s too.

 

Anything with a "ths" at the end is just too hard to say properly. People will just end up saying "Mammuss."

  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


My concern with this plan is that the name / logo could potentially remain a problem.  As a fan, my most important outcome of this process is that the issue be put to bed for now and into the foreseeable future.  It’s hung over this franchise as bad karma for far too long. 
 

Don’t get me wrong, I hope they make a great choice.  But to have to revisit this issue again at any point would be really disappointing. 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Andre The Giant said:


My concern with this plan is that the name / logo could potentially remain a problem.  As a fan, my most important outcome of this process is that the issue be put to bed for now and into the foreseeable future.  It’s hung over this franchise as bad karma for far too long. 
 

Don’t get me wrong, I hope they make a great choice.  But to have to revisit this issue again at any point would be really disappointing. 

 

The Blackhawks have a very similar logo and they're always an afterthought if mentioned at all during these conversations.  If we lose the name we should be in good shape.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

 

The Blackhawks have a very similar logo and they're always an afterthought if mentioned at all during these conversations.  If we lose the name we should be in good shape.

He could still work with the Powetemec nation, maybe that line is still open, they would be the Washington Potomac.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jumbo changed the title to Suggestions for New Team Name, New Logos etc. Go Here- (by member request)
10 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:


My concern with this plan is that the name / logo could potentially remain a problem.  As a fan, my most important outcome of this process is that the issue be put to bed for now and into the foreseeable future.  It’s hung over this franchise as bad karma for far too long. 
 

Don’t get me wrong, I hope they make a great choice.  But to have to revisit this issue again at any point would be really disappointing. 

The logo is iconic and honestly has never been part of the offensive nature conversation. I hope they decide to keep it.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jumbo pinned this topic
20 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

 

The Blackhawks have a very similar logo and they're always an afterthought if mentioned at all during these conversations.  If we lose the name we should be in good shape.


A heard a guy on the news talking about how groups of people shouldn’t be sports mascots. Honestly, I agree. 
 

Once teams like the Redskins and Indians are addressed, protestors will move on to teams like the Blackhawks (IMO). 
 

When you have a chance for a restart, the key is not to be in the same position again. Keeping the logo increases the risk. I love the logo too.  But I would move on. There’s lots of other choices. 
 

Edited by Andre The Giant
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

A heard a guy on the news talking about how groups of people shouldn’t be sports mascots. Honestly, I agree. 

This us one that honestly drives me crazy. Why not? You realize how many groups of people are mascots?

1 minute ago, khaozerker said:

Or change the logo to a potato.

 

Can potato jokes a bannable offense? 

Edited by Riggo#44
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would just be surprised if after all this time Snyder is finally cornered and then...picks a name that is only an incremental improvement and keeps the issue over our heads. Can't help but feel that Warriors and Redhawks or any NA-adjacent name will do that.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I would just be surprised if after all this time Snyder is finally cornered and then...picks a name that is only an incremental improvement and keeps the issue over our heads. Can't help but feel that Warriors and Redhawks or any NA-adjacent name will do that.

 

The only way it works is if he gets the NCAI approval, but I don't think that's likely. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jumbo locked, unlocked and unpinned this topic
  • Jumbo locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...