Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Suggestions for New Team Name, New Logos etc. Go Here- (by member request)

4 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

This us one that honestly drives me crazy. Why not? You realize how many groups of people are mascots?

Can potato jokes a bankable offense? 

It may drive people crazy, but just as many people feel the opposite. Why put your team in that potential position again?  It’s not a winnable battle. 

Fans of teams like the Eagles and Bears don’t have to worry about a name change. 

Just now, Andre The Giant said:

It may drive people crazy, but just as many people feel the opposite. Why put your team in that potential position again?  It’s not A winnable battle. 

Fans of teams like the Eagles and Bears don’t have to worry about a name change. 

So you would change Cowboys, Packers, Vikings, Saints, Buccaneers, Patriots, Bills, Raiders, Chiefs, 49ers, Steelers, Browns, and Texans?

Thats almost half the league.

I love the name Red Hogs.  Hogs are a key part of our teams history and success, and it allows us to keep the color scheme and sounds similar.  The only thing I don't like about it is I love our current helmets, and a side profile of a red hog obviously isnt going to work, but I think it's going to be hard to come out of this with a similar-looking helmet.

I initially like warriors with a tribute to our military, but that is now my second choice after seeing someone suggest red hogs.  I also don't feel like the name warriors would still be prone to attack as insensitive, but who knows what will be deemed appropriate in 10 years.

7 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

So you would change Cowboys, Packers, Vikings, Saints, Buccaneers, Patriots, Bills, Raiders, Chiefs, 49ers, Steelers, Browns, and Texans?

No, I wouldn’t change them. Though I bet the Chiefs start feeling some heat shortly. 

My point isn’t that these should be changed, it’s that I would try to pick a new name that people won’t eventually want to change so we don’t have to go through this process again. 

If there’s one thing upon which I think pretty much all Skins can fans agree, it’s that Dan Snyder doesn’t make good decisions in a vacuum. He does better with help. 

There are so many eyes on this from a league-wide perspective, that I think it’ll turn out ok.  But I personally would stay away from any Native American logos or names. Too unpredictable of a future. 

1 hour ago, Dissident2 said:

I could get behind the following as long as the colors remain the same and the Native American imagery remains:

1. Warriors

2. Red Wolves. As the wolf is often a spiritual figure in NA lore, this could still fit. Also, there is an obscure Marvel hero named "Red Wolf" who's a Native American hero. How's this for a logo, lol:

Red Wolf (2015 - 2016) | Comic Series | Marvel

And ... just look at that color scheme:

All-New, All-Different Marvel' Spotlight: Meet Red Wolf ...

Anything related to "monuments" or politics can pound sand, as can anything with no attachment to NA culture. 

I'm starting to like Red Wolves

9 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Come on riggo, you don't think the Bills were named after a bunch of guys named Bill do you? 🤣

Edit - turns out, I'm the idiot on this one.  I never realized it referenced buffalo bill the individual, so including them makes total sense.  Good call.

Just now, KillBill26 said:

Come on riggo, you don't think the Bills were named after a bunch of guys named Bill do you? 🤣

Well, after 1 person, who slaughtered Native Americans. But you clearly have a problem with Bill, dont you... ;)

6 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

The boilermakers, fighting Irish, I mean this could go on forever 

has to be Native American logo and history and the colors have to stay the same. Warriors is the leader, I like the Braves too... after that... I might just become a titans fan and box up my man cave 

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Well, after 1 person, who slaughtered Native Americans. But you clearly have a problem with Bill, dont you... ;)

Once again, I re-learned my lesson to Google before you post!  And to follow up on your statement above, the bills might be feeling the pressure very soon, probably more so than the others.

Yes, I created my screen name during the MNF game in 04 when we lost to the cowboys over that bogus Walt Harris PI call in the end zone, and kill bill the movie was someone recent.  I took my frustration out on parcells that night, and the name lives on!  If I recall correctly, my rant didn't even post to the board bc I messed it up somehow ( I may have had a few beverages).  Was just not my night that night haha.

Just now, Rdskns2000 said:

How about the Washington Taylors, in honor of the late Sean Taylor?

If they did it like the Browns, no helmet logo or 21 on the helmet, and ST on the sleeves, I think that could be cool. Not sure if they could do a helmet with 21 on the side for all players 

36 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Excluding the Chiefs, these teams are named after people but not a race of people.

If they're really trying to maintain the colors and attribute it to Native Americans, I wonder if they're considering Washington Natives while keeping the logo/colors. Not sure what the stance on the logo is, but maybe they could at least change it to the spear logo/helmets. 

I also like the Redtails idea.

Redhawks...eh, not terrible but there are already a bunch of "bird teams" and there are probably better options.

30 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

How about the Washington Taylors, in honor of the late Sean Taylor?

No thanks, that's bizarre. Loved watching him play, missed getting to see his career every season since. He was great. But this is weird.

Edit: @bakedtater1would love it though

Washington Warriors

Keep the color scheme (the safest way to connect us to the past)

Add a red, white, and blue edge or trim to the logo or uniform.  Maybe some Stars.

Avoid any direct references to any race or group.  

Whatever is decided on I want to be the name and logo 50 years from now when I’m gone.  Something that can’t be targeted or ridiculed in any way.  

But if I had to choose what seem to be the favorites...

Warriors... I guess this would work... we could put two Ws inside our logo like the Script R ... but with Script W W... the theme would be the same so pretty smooth.

Redtails... Interesting... but at some point the woke police will say we are honoring a plane during an act of war against the Japanese... 

Redhawks... I guess some tribal leaders are referred to as Red Hawks so its just a mater of time before the mob comes for that name too...

Skins... this won't fly... its essentially an abbreviation of the what has everyone's panties in a knot...

Hogs or Red Hogs... I think this one would "belong" to us...  it honors our glory years... our fight song would not work though

I'm against anything like Presidents, Monuments, etc.

44 minutes ago, Coolio47 said:

If they're really trying to maintain the colors and attribute it to Native Americans, I wonder if they're considering Washington Natives while keeping the logo/colors. Not sure what the stance on the logo is, but maybe they could at least change it to the spear logo/helmets. 

I also like the Redtails idea.

Redhawks...eh, not terrible but there are already a bunch of "bird teams" and there are probably better options.

I really like the Natives. Don't know how it is perceived by native americans though

Redtails makes zero sense. Tuskegee is 750+ miles from DC.

Archived