Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Suggestions for New Team Name, New Logos etc. Go Here- (by member request)

Just now, Painkiller said:

Warriors

Call it generic if you want but I call it a safe bet.  I’m tired of the endless criticism.  I want something like Eagles, Bears, Lions, Vikings.  Nobody ever has a legitimate gripe against those names.    All I want to see is winning football in the DMV again.  Warriors can be great if the logo is done correctly.  

The Worriers? Wonderful. No way to make fun of that.

I kind a like the sound of the Washington Razorbacks. You get the whole hog thing in there and get to keep the R for the HTTR thing. 
The fight song would have to kinda sound like “Raze Backs“ 

if you sing it , it works. 

37 minutes ago, michiskin said:

If it is decided that it is acceptable to keep the Native American imagery but just change the name, I'd like to see the name changed to the Washington Red Cloud or Red Clouds.

Red Cloud is a very famous NA leader who defeated the U.S. Army on the field of battle, but was also respected as a diplomat. He has a town in Nebraska named after him. He was also the most photographed NA of the 19th century.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Cloud

If you changed the name to Red Cloud(s) you would only have to make minor changes to the logo, uniforms and fight song. There must be a profile picture of him that exists, so you could create a lifelike logo that would be very similar to what the team already has.

For years, the franchise has claimed that the name is an honorific that represents strength, bravery, tradition, etc. They could put their money where their mouth is and put a statue of Red Cloud at the (new?) stadium, along with a plaza that honors other great NA figures. That, combined with the key move of expanding the organizations' NA philanthropic efforts would show everyone that Snyder isn't just talking the talk and be a huge win for him.

<snip>

Intriguing.

I am on record as stating that I’d prefer a clean break with the past in which we completely avoid a Native American connection to our new 

team name. That hasn’t changed for me.

However, Red Cloud, as team name does have potential. You’d first have to get the unqualified approval, not just neutral acceptance, of the Lakota tribe and make it clear that this is honoring the contribution of all Native Americans.  

I’m just not confident that Snyder is adroit enough to pull it off without seeming like he’s pandering or overcompensating. So it could very well turn into a complete “We’re winning off the field” level clown show and that’s the last thing this team needs right now.

What I will say is that, IF Snyder has already decided that no matter what the new name will honor Native American history and culture, I’d much prefer going with Red Cloud over something like Warriors which could more easily be interpreted as just another cultural stereotype. 

Plus he’s lived one hell of a life and takes a bad ass mug shot:

https://www.pbs.org/weta/thewest/people/i_r/redcloud.htm

edit mod warning out

****----i misread what painkiller was doing/saying

my apologies 

i hadn't issued any penalty and wasn't going to, but the erroneous call-out is on me

i'll pm him too

1 hour ago, sportsnut said:

<snip>

I vote for renegades with black as the primary color and burgundy and gold highlights.

We could certainly do worse than Renegades.

What I really like is the color scheme of black base with burgundy and gold accents. That could be nasty (in a good way)— a bit of the old mixed with something new. HTTR works too. 

17 minutes ago, SumTingWong said:

We could certainly do worse than Renegades.

What I really like is the color scheme of black base with burgundy and gold accents. That could be nasty (in a good way)— a bit of the old mixed with something new. HTTR works too. 

The scripted r would still work too.

Renegades sounds too b-level...like the name of a minor league team in Dayton lol.

I still say don't have a name. Just be Washington, at least for a year anyway.

And if the emblem is removed from the helmet (praying it isn't), I hope they put a small circular patch of the emblem on one sleeve of the jerseys. Would love seeing Blackie Wetzel's work still be part of the uniform.

It seems unrealistic to pick which name we like based on how little it changes the fight song, are we realistically even gonna be able to keep that? 3-60,000+ fans singing along and just continuing to insert the old name into the song (which you know would happen) is not a look the NFL or team wants once this all is finally behind us. 

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Renegades sounds too b-level...like the name of a minor league team in Dayton lol.

I still say don't have a name. Just be Washington, at least for a year anyway.

And if the emblem is removed from the helmet (praying it isn't), I hope they put a small circular patch of the emblem on one sleeve of the jerseys. Would love seeing Blackie Wetzel's work still be part of the uniform.

I think the NFL could step in and allow us to wear our Baugh throwbacks and the Script R Lombardi uni's for a year. I would be in favor of that, actually 

Simple Boring and as close as we can stay to Redskins when they have to drop all Native American Imagery. No risk of a Wizards size mistake.

Warriors. This way if Snyder still wants to donate to Native American areas, it can be as the Warriors. If Rivera wants to do something with the Military, that honors them as Warriors. If anybody else in the Org wants to do something for Front-Line Workers or Doctors/Nurses/EMTs. You call them Warriors too.

Took an old Washington Senators Block W logo and flipped the colors to Burgundy and Gold. 

Put the W at Midfield and the helmet (Or join San Diego as one of 2 teams that puts the player's number on the helmet". 

Everything else stays the same on the Uniform. Replace "Redskins" with "Washington" That's it. 

Don't want a plane or a hog with tusks. Retiring the Redskins stuff doesn't mean you must replace it with more than a simple letter "W" and nothing else.

Warriors2.gif.45ad9d554a68197c57457026b8b5f376.gif

8 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

It seems unrealistic to pick which name we like based on how little it changes the fight song, are we realistically even gonna be able to keep that? 3-60,000+ fans singing along and just continuing to insert the old name into the song (which you know would happen) is not a look the NFL or team wants once this all is finally behind us. 

As soon as more people know it's true origins, I doubt it. Best to not make this worse than it already is, by attempting to placate

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I think the NFL could step in and allow us to wear our Baugh throwbacks and the Script R Lombardi uni's for a year. I would be in favor of that, actually 

Yeah, I'd be cool with that as well.

But I'd still want the patch, dammit lol...

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

As soon as more people know it's TRUE origins, I doubt it. Best to not make this worse than it already is, by attempting to placate

The true origin of the fight song or it's original lyrics?

Archived