Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Suggestions for New Team Name, New Logos etc. Go Here- (by member request)

Ok with:

Redskins - changing logo to demon like a Baalrok

RedHogs, Warboars, Warpigs

Senators, Federals, Cavalry, Black Ops

Hate:

Any stupid ****ing soccer adjective

Red Tails- Tuskegee isn’t DMV

Warriors- That’s jr high ****

5 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Aren't redshirts the first to die? lol...

Are you thinking of a different context, like war ?

I was thinking he meant like red-shirts in college football.

Here's an idea - it's very possible that someone has already suggested it, and I was unawares.

But take a nickname from one of our team units during the championship years, that doesn't relate to the same name, just the era.

That way, we take away from that successful era.

Washington Posse

Washington Fun Bunch

Washington Smurfs

Washington Hogs

Washington Dirtbags

Washington D.O.D.

Okay, Dirtbags was not from a successful era, but I like it because noone could make fun of our name, since we're making fun of ourselves.

Of all those, I like the Posse the best

10 minutes ago, hawgboy said:

Ok with:

Redskins - changing logo to demon like a Baalrok

RedHogs, Warboars, Warpigs

Senators, Federals, Cavalry, Black Ops

Redskins - changing logo to demon like a Baalrok - assuming you meant Balrog here? If so, I would hate for opponents to yell "You Shall Not Pass!!" whenever we threw an interception lol...

RedHogs, Warboars, Warpigs - might as well csll 'em the Sweathogs and have Barbarino's face as the logo

Senators, Federals, Cavalry, Black Ops - Senators used to be the local baseball team, right? **** that...Federals is too close to Federalists. Calvary sounds like we're taking part in a civil war reenactment in Richmond lol...Black Ops, eh...it's ok, I guess.

6 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Are you thinking of a different context, like war ?

I was thinking he meant like red-shirts in college football.

red shirt

A character in a science fiction or adventure story whose sole dramatic purpose is to get killed by the story's villain and/or intinerant monster.

3 hours ago, sportsnut said:

Not trying to bait.  I likely agree with you on the merits of the report.  I was just trying to get people to acknowledge that some native Americans find it offensive to have a mascot that symbolizes their culture even if the mascot is not offensive.  Given that some would still be offended, we might want a complete disassociation with the Native American culture.

3 hours ago, sportsnut said:

If we are going to change, there is merit in a full change and disassociation with Native American culture so that we don’t find ourselves having to change it again down the road.

2 hours ago, redskin301 said:

I say we cut ties with all native American 

Themes, the new name we choose might be ok now but what about 10 years down the road, the redhawks name is kinda growing on me and we can still keep the HTTR 

This is easy to say because it SOUNDS right, but it's missing the point that so many of us with Native American heritage are Redskins fans BECAUSE of the NA association. 

While we can talk all day about the mistakes Dan has made over the years, I'm really thankful he's getting good advice and every word so far out of Ashburn is that he's insistent on continuing to honor the NA theme with whatever new name comes out of this process 

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

If we removed any Native American connection to the word "Warriors", we would effectively be going from associating a name to them that they claim is highly offensive, to removing a name from them that they find highly complimentary. It would be the epitome of tone-deafness. I can see it now: "You have no problem associating a racist slur with NAs, but now that you're using a term that is highly complimentary to NAs you do NOT want to associate it with them?"

Precisely.  I'm getting optimistic that for once, we might actually get this right this time with a Warriors mascot and tastefully honor NA traditions to keep that history of our franchise alive. 

Archived