Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Suggestions for New Team Name, New Logos etc. Go Here- (by member request)

1 minute ago, Painkiller said:

Naming them Red Tails after the squadron would begin with the best of intentions, but after our first blow out loss on Monday Night Football stand by.  I can do without all the abuses the opposing fans would rain on us.  "Damn right Red Tails, lol"  "How RED are those Red Tails now?"  If they weren't Red Tailed before they certainly are Red Tailed now, lol"  

After a few months the fan base will be hating life and wishing the name was Warriors.  

No thanks on Red Tails

Oh yeah..well than ****ing do something about it..protect that new new name and no more getting our ass's spanked..new era.....del rio gonna have this defense beating others ass's..than will be talkin who's ass is red..

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

Oh yeah..well than ****ing do something about it..protect that new new name and no more getting our ass's spanked..new era.....del rio gonna have this defense beating others ass's..than will be talkin who's ass is red..

The asskicking can't get any worse than the last 20 years.  I love the fans that this name means something outside fo the Joe Gibbs era.  We are a joke.  

20 minutes ago, Painkiller said:

I can do without all the abuses the opposing fans would rain on us.  "Damn right Red Tails, lol"  "How RED are those Red Tails now?"  If they weren't Red Tailed before they certainly are Red Tailed now, lol"  

Simple, just call them all racist for making fun of the Tuskegee Airmen.

11 minutes ago, SumTingWong said:

Just woke up from a dream in which the new teamj name and team motto was revealed to me:

Introducing The Washington RedHeads

Motto: "Gimme some head!"

/s

As a ginger, Im no one's mascot. Really, even the fighting Irish guy has black hair.

Redshins?  Nothing really more painful other than rooting for this team then hitting your shins on a table or something which leaves a red mark, we can keep almost all intact!  I'm super pasty white so maybe I'm in the minority here wtih my shins actually turning red lol.

29 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

DC Dragons 

DC Defenders

DC Disco Divas

DC Warriors 

DC Generals 

DC Diggers 

Washington Warlords 

Washington Redtails

Washington Warriors 

Washington  Redwolfs

I like some of these.  I dont see snyder sharing the warriors name.

I also dont mind Redhawks.

29 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Most or all of these names mean our beloved fight song is toast, or anything close to it, and maybe the band members will be all out of jobs, at least for a while.

I'm sure a few words could be changed and the song would still work (wouldn't be the first time the song changed). Hail to the Warriors/Red Spears would probably change the least. Hail to the Redtails, hail victory, brave men in aircrafts, fight for old DC.

1 hour ago, Fisher37 said:

Without a doubt, the best suggestion I heard for a new name is “The Washington Hogs”.  I can imagine the new name being announced by Grimm, Jacoby and the rest of the hogs.      

image.png.b29db4c4d9a1adc311d97f9f3a5d0cfe.png. 

Agreed.  It's not an abandonment of the team's history, and we can still refer to the team as the Pigskins/skins without any taboo.  

Hail to the Pigskins

Hail victory

Hogs on the warpath

Fight for ol' DC

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

That could be so unnerving for visiting teams lol...all that clanking and warbled "Warriors...come out to play-ee-yay!" chants...

trust me, as a Virginia Tech fan, an incredible entrance is amazing and still gives me chills, but it never stops us from getting clown stomped by better teams. Or average teams. Or anyone really. 

but like VT, at least we can have that entrance and the 5 minutes of hype and hope afterwards 

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Most or all of these names mean our beloved fight song is toast, or anything close to it, and maybe the band members will be all out of jobs, at least for a while.

"Hail to the Warriors, Hail Victory

the Brave on the Warpath (Brave as in the character trait)

Fight for old D.C.

Run or Pass and Score we want a lot more, beat 'em swamp 'em touchdown let the points soar

Fight On Fight On, 'til you have won Sons of Washington"

I changed one word, and added another.  Works fine.

5 minutes ago, Painkiller said:

"Hail to the Warriors, Hail Victory

the Brave on the Warpath (Brave as in the character trait)

Fight for old D.C.

Run or Pass and Score we want a lot more, beat 'em swamp 'em touchdown let the points soar

Fight On Fight On, 'til you have won Sons of Washington"

I changed one word, and added another.  Works fine.

dubs on the warpath 

2 hours ago, Fisher37 said:

Without a doubt, the best suggestion I heard for a new name is “The Washington Hogs”.  I can imagine the new name being announced by Grimm, Jacoby and the rest of the hogs. 

can we leave the 80s alone? It was a nickname our OL had 35yrs ago. 

this franchise is stuck in the 80s and as a 33yr old I’m sick and tired of it. 

I hope this new name represents a clean slate and we can move forward and stop living in the past for once. 

10 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Outside of it seeming tasteless during the pandemic, I actually like both of those nicknames lol...

i honestly think something like that would be the best :)

a simple "punisher" like skull - emblem.    black and white colors.    plague doctor mask day for the kiddos.....

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTdS779cx-6gW0-W_gMQBJNsGu_GzJ3BgPn_ZF_1e3hNjT3kxuh2i1ZWnCMemw&usqp=CAc

1 hour ago, Painkiller said:

Naming them Red Tails after the squadron would begin with the best of intentions, but after our first blow out loss on Monday Night Football stand by.  I can do without all the abuses the opposing fans would rain on us.  "Damn right Red Tails, lol"  "How RED are those Red Tails now?"  If they weren't Red Tailed before they certainly are Red Tailed now, lol"  

After a few months the fan base will be hating life and wishing the name was Warriors.  

No thanks on Red Tails

the potential of trash talking from fans is far down on the list of things to consider when picking a names. Never underestimate how immature and stupid fans can be. 

hey, see everyone on here that uses cowgirls, cowpukes, fecals, beagles etc 

That said, red tails does suck for other reasons imo 

.... but absent jumping to a pure death motif.    they should definitely go all-in on the red-tails.    go from the least racially sensitive team in the the NFL  (ignoring the meaning of "redskins" debate...the team that actively marketed itself to racists and was the last to accept a black player...)

and in that case they can keep the largest majority of their old historical stuff.... there would be a NEW reason for (tail) feathers, and mostly just change out tail for skins everywhere.         

Archived