Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Suggestions for New Team Name, New Logos etc. Go Here- (by member request)

16 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I wonder: now many of us want to keep the word "Red" in the new name? How many of us want the new name to honor some group? How many of us want to keep the colors? How msny of us want the name to be unique in professional sports?

Colour should keep it. 

Unique is most important to me. Don't know if you follow lacrosse and PLL. But I like how they found recognisable names. Waterdogs, Whipsnakes, Redwoods. There is no doubt about which club you are taking. Not like in college. "We play the tigers this week!" Which one??? LSU? Auburn? Clemson? Memphis...

Need some local American advise. Is Washington Post again trying to target Danny and team? There are comming some odd articles out. That Danny had been in Bahamas and Europe (Corona related reason perhaps), that no one is in charge of the business side, the FedEx minority might be working on a coup. 

I always felt that Daniel Snyder was a fan just like us. And I don't believe a fan like us would ever sell the team or just be mellow about a name change.

13 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

Not like in college. "We play the tigers this week!" Which one??? LSU? Auburn? Clemson? Memphis...

how about Reds? It’s already a baseball team name but we could use it as a reference to our jerseys. Could have a simple R logo or something. 

I like Football Club a lot. We don’t need logos or creatures/characters. People get hung up on designing this stuff. Learn from the Wizards having that goofy ass blue Merlin lookin dude at first And now it’s just the word Wizards. People get too proud of their graphic design skills and we are going to end up with something stupid. 

keep it simple 

A1C81A8F-BD5C-4FAB-8EC5-30257EB83152.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

joe-bugel-new-twitter.jpg

why does one person deserve to have an entire franchise named after him?

44 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

That's offensive to me.

Why ?

Since people like the idea of sticking with the "battle" theme, that is actually convenient since Washington is basically the headquarters of our military.

So how about

Washington SEALs

Washington Special Forces

Washington Bullets

or how about one of the players in the Stratego game ?

Didn't we have a USFL team called the Generals ?

We could draw upon their rich history

13 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I think our members are running out of steam on the suggestions :(

Pretty much, and most sound awful.

8 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

The Washington Generals are who the Harlem Globetrotters used to always beat the crap out of. No thanks!

I know, right? I'm not sure which is worse, that or Monuments. 

8 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

The Washington Generals are who the Harlem Globetrotters used to always beat the crap out of. No thanks!

I was thinking Washington in the USFL had that team name.

I looked it up, and it was actually New Jersey.

Didn't the Redskins get a really good player from the NJ Generals - Bryant or someone else ?

Any name change is likely to feel really lame to a good portion of the fan base.  "Wizards" still has not grown on me.

The top 2 names right now don't seem right to me.  

"Red Tails" would be a great name if the team were based in Oklahoma.  

When I hear "Warriors" I can't help but think of A Clockwork Orange "warriors, come out to play!"

I'd rather the name be something with local roots but the government stuff is kind of boring.  If you change the name there is no reason necessarily to keep "Washington" in the name.  Keeping the Indian theme would be okay if there were any local Indian tribes in favor:  Washington Patowmaks, Algonkian Tribe etc. 

No matter what, it's not going to feel the same.  New coach, new QB, new name, but no history and no allegiance to anything.  You might as well have an expansion team.

Archived