Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Suggestions for New Team Name, New Logos etc. Go Here- (by member request)

10 hours ago, actorguy1 said:

if they want to do Washington Warriors then it the image should be a generic soldier graphic instead of any Native American image. Something like this:

image.png.2b4a9b386ba8ec6f3aa17de7e073bc16.png

I feel like I’d be more inclined to just tune this team out altogether if it just becomes a grand kiss-ass salute to the US military with something like this. 

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Most or all of these names mean our beloved fight song is toast, or anything close to it, and maybe the band members will be all out of jobs, at least for a while.

That’s something I didn’t even think about re: the band. 

Not only am I onboard with a name change but also onboard with completely changing the uniforms.  I’m perfectly fine with burgundy & gold color scheme.  I just think they should remove the primary logo, and also switch to a more natural gold instead of mustard yellow.  I’m against straight up biting another teams style, but this is a perfect opportunity to kind of mimic the Florida State Seminoles uniforms/spear logo on helmet.  They have awesome uniforms/helmet.  I’m fairly certain Snyder won’t want to go against burgundy & gold which leads me to believe that Warriors is going to be the name.

CB9EE5A7-B65E-44FB-AF51-64249055BF1C.jpeg

My team will always be The Redskins.  Any change will be the final nail in the coffin of a once proud organization that has seen nothing but embarrassment since Daniel Snyder took over.  I'm certain he isn't brave enough to be a voice of push-back against an overbearing vocal minority trying to claim moral superiority.  Just continue to erase history that doesn't agree with our current view of society.....sad.

@Barry.Randolphe

I don't sense any irony there at all, so I assume you just don't know this about Teddy Roosevelt--despite the (mostly exaggerated by Roosevelt via propaganda films later) history of the Rough Riders having some Native Americans, he once said in a speech:

“I don’t go so far as to think that the only good Indians are the dead Indians, but I believe nine out of every 10 are, and I shouldn’t like to inquire too closely into the case of the tenth.”

Also famously said: “the most vicious cowboy has more moral principle than the average Indian.”

Yeah. You might think, well those comments were in the 1880's and he became President in 1901! Maybe he changed and saw the error of his ways! No.

Once in office he made it a mission to destroy what he saw as savage and anti-American Native culture. He was a key player in forcing Native Americans to assimilate and leave lots of their land. He supported someone he placed in a position to oversee "Indian affairs" when that man began forcing Native Americans on reservations to cut their hair so that they'd be more "civilized". They would withhold rations from Natives who continued to paint their bodies, make traditional blankets, or partake in cultural dances or events. They actively destroyed NA culture with purpose, hopefully that's clear. They did it because they thought they were civilizing and evangelizing these savage people who didn't know better, and that they'd be better off as assimilated American citizens. 

Americans really need to reevaluate a lot of what we think we know about established "American heroes", and learn from it. 

I think being directly related to your name suggestion and being so cut-and-dry so as to not invite a thread-derailing discussion should mean this comment belongs here as context for this particular name suggestion. But if a mod feels differently I will delete/move of course!

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

@Barry.Randolphe

I don't sense any irony there at all, so I assume you just don't know this about Teddy Roosevelt--despite the (mostly exaggerated by Roosevelt via propaganda films later) history of the Rough Riders having some Native Americans, he once said in a speech:

Welp. Didn't know all that. Guess the Nats will have to retire him as the lovable loser as well

11 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Welp. Didn't know all that. Guess the Nats will have to retire him as the lovable loser as well

To be honest we can find stuff like this in the past of most of our historical American origin story heroes. It was an ugly time and people were different.

That's why we should teach history from the angle of understanding this stuff rather than glossing over it and glorifying the historical figures. History class shouldn't be just about learning how to fuel a misplaced sense of American pride via whitewashed propaganda about these figures, but it mostly is. That's why we get to the point where people are attached to old statues based on flawed perception, because they are part of a learned idolatry of flawed people that we've made into larger-than-life symbols of patriotism. 

8 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Should've stopped there, chump.

I wasn't intending a troll. Actually I am not on the side of a name change. Up to this point, it's been admirable for the Redskins Nation to stand their ground against the language (thought) police. If the Redskins name falls, next it will be the KC Chiefs. Then it will be something else. Maybe like the Patriots or Cowboys nicknames for being too white supremacist. This cancel culture crap isn't going to stop as long as the league keeps caving into it. 

6 hours ago, Califan007 said:

That could be so unnerving for visiting teams lol...all that clanking and warbled "Warriors...come out to play-ee-yay!" chants...

Yeah, I can see it.  Pretty dope. Especially when we get a new stadium that could amplify the acoustics

6 hours ago, skinsfan4128 said:

I don't generally post alot as most folks here do a fine job of making points and giving differing views on a myriad of news. But I feel compelled to post how I feel about this name change fiasco.

This thread is only for new name suggestions, the content of this post belongs in this thread in The Tailgate: 

Please remove this post from here immediately and place it there or else penalties will apply. Thanks. 

@ConnSKINS26 @VCDefectors These posts are also examples of what shouldn’t be in this thread. I know it’s a difficult line to walk right now, but don’t forget you can tag a poster you want to respond to elsewhere. Any further replies to each other on this matter or regarding any deep dives into history or politics needs to go into the thread in the Tailgate, no matter what name suggestion is made here. 

3 hours ago, kwitt said:

OK here are my two favorites and there is not a close third:

1.  "Washington"

2.  "Washington Football Club"

there could be a lot of value in rolling with one of these options in what could be a disjointed/ non existent 2020 season. 

5 hours ago, SumTingWong said:

Just woke up from a dream in which the new teamj name and team motto was revealed to me:

Introducing The Washington RedHeads

Motto: "Gimme some head!"

/s

We could come out to the old Al Snow entrance music, all the players bursting onto the field holding replica mannequin heads.... Would certainly confuse the other team!

{ sarcasm }

Washington Buffalos.

The old 'buffalo nickels' are damn close to the original logo, so that'll have the crybabies climbing the walls.

Change the team colors to strictly nickel chrome, cause tv network cameras to hyper-adjust to nighttime vision when the sun hits the helmets and uniforms.

This is my 2 cents { or 5 cents }, depending...

Sheehan just said he heard that Dan's favorite name right now is Warriors but that name has to be vetted so its not locked. 

The fight song and the motto, meanwhile, would work hand-in-hand.

To preserve the former, settling on a two-syllable option would likely be a must. And to continue forward with the latter, the choice would have to begin with the letter R.

So, that would mean proposals like the Redtails, Redhogs and Redhawks may have the edge, if those driving this value the stadium sounding the same after touchdowns and supporters being able to still use the #HTTR hashtag on social media. 

To people on the outside, all of these matters may appear trivial. Yet those who have devoted themselves to this franchise truly cherish those aspects, and would surely appreciate them remaining in whatever new era commences.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/redskins-can-change-their-name-still-keep-these-three-franchise-staples

This team is a dumpster fire and is about to loose a ton of fans. I know my group of friends is done, people that have had 3 generations of family as fans....done! Why would anybody want to stay with a team that never wins, plays in Maryland and is named the warriors. A few idiots will say good riddance, but that will make for a great day atmosphere you all are always complaining about not to mention the bottom line.

For the record sucky Danny has no choice at this point it is just what is and really a convenient way to get off the bus for alot of us.

Archived