Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Suggestions for New Team Name, New Logos etc. Go Here- (by member request)

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

You're still going to have people **** about that. Unfortunately, claiming "offense" in this day and age is infallible.

Someone would find a reason to **** if they named it the Washington Pumpkins. You can never make everyone happy.

probably already mentioned...

DC Thunderbirds

NA/Military connections (interesting note about the swastika symbol used by NAs before became Nazi symbol.

The Thunderbirds

When World War II broke out, the US Army’s 45th Infantry had a problem: Their insignia was the swastika. And they were going to be deployed to Europe. Leaders thought that this might be in poor taste.

The actual tradition of the swastika, for this unit, was tied to pride in the many Native American serving in the unit and their location in Oklahoma. However, the formerly peaceful symbol had been rebranded to mean hatred and Naziism. 

They made a switch to the Thunderbirds. And the rest is history. The 45th went on to become one of the most decorated units in WWII, serving from the invasion of Italy to the discovery of the concentration camps. 

https://www.military.com/undertheradar/2018/04/16/these-meaningful-military-traditions-come-native-american-culture.html

Another name from that... The Washington 45th.

I am close to the point where if they don't keep team colors and logo then I am checking out.  Having said that, if they do go with entirely new color scheme and logo I hope it is designed by the same people who came up with the new Rams gear.  Will make my decision much easier!

2 minutes ago, kwitt said:

I am close to the point where if they don't keep team colors and logo then I am checking out.  Having said that, if they do go with entirely new color scheme and logo I hope it is designed by the same people who came up with the new Rams gear.  Will make my decision much easier!

If they start winning, you'll be back.

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yes, i do too, but it will never happen. Too many purists and crybabies and "it's not how things looked when I was 7 or in the 80s" so it's never going anywhere

Everybody wears black, though. It's just not special. It's corporate surrender

7 minutes ago, SumTingWong said:

They could change the name to The Washington Maggots and I’d be jumping for joy if it meant getting rid of Snyder.

Prime is actually a cool name IMO. Won't ever happen and maybe most don't like it but sounds strong to me.

Edit: I think I like Washington Reign too. Or as others have pointed out, change it to DC, so DC Reign.

14 minutes ago, dyst said:

Prime is actually a cool name IMO. Won't ever happen and maybe most don't like it but sounds strong to me.

Edit: I think I like Washington Reign too. Or as others have pointed out, change it to DC, so DC Reign.

Prime has potential but the BIG news eclipsing everything else would be Bezos and his 85 billion ducats.

This Bezos thing is gaining steam all over the internets. Hasn’t reached probable status yet. I’d say somewhere between hopeful conjecture and very educated guess but certainly would be both a game and name changer.

One crossover possibility— Washington Prime season ticket holders get Amazon Prime free!

Or if you Register an account on the new ExtremePrime website you get a free one year digital subscription to the Washington Post.

1 hour ago, kwitt said:

Then don’t come back when we start winning 

I am surprised red hogs isn't getting more love.   It keeps the red part, same number of syllables and can keep the HTTR fight song (replace braves with hogs) and it reflects the glory years of our franchise's history.  Something that has a direct connection to the franchise is much better than a generic term like warriors imo.  Red Hogs is also very unique.  I'm not aware of anyone else using that mascot.  The fact that red hogs are not found on North America doesn't bother me one bit.  

For those of you that don't like it, is it because you think it just sounds lame?  I'm just curious, bc it's far and away my favorite choice.  I feel all the other options are so detached from our history it will be like rooting for an expansion team, but this continues our traditions, while removing the potential criticism of keeping a NA mascot.

1 hour ago, 86 Snyder said:

Every joke in this thread is flat awful.

DC Disco Divas..??..no?..we need BANG..I agree

5 minutes ago, Digger said:

How about just "Washington Football Club" 

Wheres your logo...let's see it..I've seen alot folks say something similar...Washington Football Club..I'm trying to put a logo with it..

Archived