Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

7 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I don't like where this is headed

Did you think they would just fold? Give in and slink away and allow cities to address these issues unimpeded? Were you really hoping that the voice and the will of the people would have some effect this time?

Refill that scrip for Xanax, this is just beginning, it is going to get a LOT worse.

Image may contain: 1 person, crowd, text that says 'Robert Evans (The Only Robert Evans) @lwriteOK It is beginning to look like repeatedly tear gassing a crowd of moms may have been a tactical error. QUELL SLING EC -MOMS'

Edited by LD0506
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Forehead said:

Did anyone see the story about the Naked Athena protester in Portland?  Awfully ballsy move.

Yep - and it really was awfully ballsy.

Reading through the article it explained that nudity, as a form of public protest, is allowed in Portland.It is not considered indecent!

• Like 1

Trump's entire life has been get his way or burn itr to the ground. Well he is not getting his way so he will burn it to the ground if allowed. 

My question is where are all the Republicans that have been screaming about States rights as a reason to not do, well anything. Unless thy step up it's a bit scary how far this will go. They should be screaming from every perch telling trump to pull federal law enforcement back. They are meant to support local law not be local law!  

All are cowards, every one of them. Cowards and liars. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have images pf 1970's Argentina running through my head. For those who don't know, they actually have a verb there that translates "to disappear, " but it is a transitive verb. For example, it could be used in a sentence translating as "they disappeared the protesters, and the problems went away." It was often used when their disadents were taken somewhere and never heard from again. 

These are the stories which come to mind every time I read about unidentified federal agents in vans pulling up and grabbing people. Are we as a country going down this nightmare of a rabbit hole in an effort to intimidate or silence us? I think Comey is right about the costs of what the feds are doing in Portland.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/07/21/james-comey-trump-portland-federal-officers/?hpid=hp_opinions-for-wide-side_opinion-card-a%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

• Like 3

20 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Trump's entire life has been get his way or burn itr to the ground. Well he is not getting his way so he will burn it to the ground if allowed. 

My question is where are all the Republicans that have been screaming about States rights as a reason to not do, well anything. Unless thy step up it's a bit scary how far this will go. They should be screaming from every perch telling trump to pull federal law enforcement back. They are meant to support local law not be local law!  

All are cowards, every one of them. Cowards and liars. 

But isn’t that great to know?!?

For instance, when the Democrats assume control..... you can just tune out Republicans entirely. You know their cowards. And when they want/demand any explanations... you just have to replay all their own quotes from videos/interviews 🙂 Fully complicit (either by consent or silence). They are cowards and liars.... so use it against them. They are completely impotent.

Heck, I’d send the DHS directly to the Trump household. Round them all up..... make them disappear. You can do that now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Pretty clear that Biden needs to pushed into abolishing DHS at this point. Let this be the end of the post 9-11 expansion of federal thuggery that was spawned by the Patriot Act and the formation of DHS.

I suppose the overall agency could go.  So many of the sub-components would have to be sent back to their original Departments.....Customs to Treasury, APHIS back to Agriculture, etc.  It'll be a big bill for the taxpayers.

Even I'm coming around to this potential course of action, and I work for one of those sub-components.  A shame too, I know several people at DHS who are good, honest, hardworking folks who do not agree with what is going on.  None of them are uniformed however and aren't really in a position where they can do much other than hope Biden wins in November.

• Thanks 1