Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

Oregon Sues Federal Agencies Over Protest Enforcement

The Oregon Department of Justice is suing several federal agencies for civil rights abuses, and state prosecutors will potentially pursue criminal charges against a federal officer who seriously injured a protester.

The federal lawsuit names the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the U.S. Marshals Service, the United States Customs and Border Protection and the Federal Protective Service, agencies that have had a role in stepped-up force used against protesters since early July. The state filed the lawsuit late Friday night.

When asked for comment, the U.S. Marshals Service told OPB it does not comment on pending litigation.

The lawsuit lists defendants specifically as John Does 1-10 because the “identity of the officers is not known, nor is their agency affiliation,” the lawsuit states. 

Click on the link for the full article 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, spjunkies said:

All kinds of **** would go down if one of these federal cops kidnap some guns rights extremist by mistake. 

Key point here is the silence by the far-right is because they likely won't expect to be kidnapped themselves.

PCS,

The guy getting beat and maced in that thread really must be made of steel. He did not even flinch, just turned, walked back giving them 2 one finger salutes. Even my deadened nervous system would be hard pressed to take that without showing other more.

8 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Does he have an actual strategy for anything?

In my experience, ignorant people rarely do. They just meander through life riding on everyone else's knowledge. 

This is the extreme of that observation, btw. I've never known another human so unwilling to admit being wrong. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PokerPacker said:

It's a nice thought, but good luck surviving that.  You'd need a militia.

Well yeah, but in the 2 vids I've seen since the George Floyd murder, it's been no more than 2 individuals randomly showing up in vehicles, with scores if people standing around.

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Well yeah, but in the 2 vids I've seen since the George Floyd murder, it's been no more than 2 individuals randomly showing up in vehicles, with scores if people standing around.

I'd still expect two individuals with the element of surprise to have the upper hand on a private citizen with weapon holstered and presumably out of sight.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I'd still expect two individuals with the element of surprise to have the upper hand on a private citizen with weapon holstered and presumably out of sight.

Right, but I wouldn't expect them to have a prayer against a group of 10 or more people. Probably didn't communicate my thoughts well enough.

I wouldn't recommend anybody going out and protesting unless it's at least 8-10 of them.

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Right, but I wouldn't expect them to have a prayer against a group of 10 or more people. Probably didn't communicate my thoughts well enough.

I wouldn't recommend anybody going out and protesting unless it's at least 8-10 of them.

Hence my mentioning of a militia.  Another option would be for the governor to deploy the National Guard in defense of their citizens.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Hence my mentioning of a militia.  Another option would be for the governor to deploy the National Guard in defense of their citizens.

I don't know I was hoping we wouldn't get to this point until after the election, common sense would say the closer Trump gets to realizing he doesn't stand a chance in this election the more desperate he will get.

What I don't like is him figuring out he can do constitutional **** at least until the courts catch up to him because Congress isn't moving any faster, if at all.  As usually, he's practicing why he can get away with.

Mussolini formally established his secret police wing after an asassination attempt, Hitler lead to establishing the Gestapo almost as soon as he was elected Chancellor. Trump doesn't have the power he needs to say it out loud like they did, I'm having a hard time processing that many Americans okay with being told to do this for a national implementation.  It sounds like trying to nuke Japan into surrender knowing he only has two working nukes.

I already know what's going to happen - they're going to try and make the narrative that these police forces are 'true American patriots' fighting back against ANTIFA protestors.....and then the right will fall in line and look the other way like always because they've been labeled ANTIFA

• Like 3

As Antifa becomes the boogie man of the right, I wonder how many of them would declare themselves "pro facism?" I get not knowing for what Antifa stands( "Anti-Fascism" ). It is just a little funny to me that in their efforts to fight antifa, they are fighting in the side of enabling the fascist/authoritarian tilt of our country. Antifa support does not mean anarchy support. Atleast, this is how I have heard it explained to me. Is it wrong?