Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

9 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Too bad it's from France last year.

Still so beautifully on point that it applies

I have to think that there is a huge overlap between kids that had to learn to play an instrument and Star Wars fans, this needs to be a thing

Everywhere, everytime the "troops" start rollin out, the music swells.............

West Virginia Fire Chief Fired For Wearing 'All Lives Splatter' Shirt Depicting Car Running Over Protesters

https://www.newsweek.com/west-virginia-fire-chief-martin-hess-george-floyd-protests-1508996

It is heartening in a way, the dumb**** demographic can't help themselves, given the slightest opportunity they have to leap out screaming "I'M ONE! I'M AN ASSHOLE!" at the top of their lungs, only to look all sheepish as they get called out and lose their jobs, etc.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, LD0506 said:

https://www.newsweek.com/west-virginia-fire-chief-martin-hess-george-floyd-protests-1508996

It is heartening in a way, the dumb**** demographic can't help themselves, given the slightest opportunity they have to leap out screaming "I'M ONE! I'M AN ASSHOLE!" at the top of their lungs, only to look all sheepish as they get called out and lose their jobs, etc.

Im currently involved in a debate on twitter over the Banksy piece - some dude saying "I don’t get how they expect to get whites on their side when they’re being deliberately antagonistic to us."

Some people really don't get it.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Destino said:

and judging by the replies, people on both sides hate this.  A lot of people seem convinced that this display of humanity is really propaganda and nefarious psyops. 

People who believe that need to take a look in the mirror then go for a walk. The difference between the protestors and the people dancing in the video is that they had to go to work...

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

5 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Not all of them.  For every one of them, there's 10, a hundred, a thousand people who are smart enough to hide what they really are.  (But to still vote that way.)  

Still, it's amusing when it happens, anyway.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, UKskins said:

Im currently involved in a debate on twitter over the Banksy piece - some dude saying "I don’t get how they expect to get whites on their side when they’re being deliberately antagonistic to us."

Some people really don't get it.

They intentionally don't "get" it, they are in denial of even basic facts because admitting even the tiniest one would cause their entire construct to collapse.

Me? I'm a white guy in my 60s now (how dafuk did that happen??!?) but I am never offended when I hear "Ok boomer" or "Wypipo" or "patriarchy" or any of the rest of it. I "get" it, I understand where that comes from and it is my responsibility to make sure that it DOESN'T apply to me. And if and when it does, then I earned that and it is again on me to deal with it. 

But then I am not invested in a structure of people hiding in the dark, cradling their fear like a family heirloom to be passed down to their children.

• Like 6

‘Antifa bus’ hoaxes are spreading panic through small-town America

Mythical buses full of bloodthirsty antifa protestors are causing panic in rural counties throughout the country — even though there’s no evidence they exist. The Associated Press has catalogued at least five separate rural counties where locals have warned of imminent attacks, although none of the rumors have been substantiated. Notably, the rumors are often tailored to a specific local region, a “hyperlocal” approach sometime used to boost the spread of misinformation on social media platforms.

NBC News first reported on the recent surge of antifa-related misinformation, some of which was promoted by white nationalist groups posing as antifa accounts. But even after the rumors were debunked, they continue to spread on Facebook, often inspiring real-life confrontations and instances of violence.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, LD0506 said:

Here is Martin Hess, dismissed as a member of the West Virginia State Fire Commission, but still Chief of the Gilmer County, West Virginia Fire Department. 

EZuFFmIXgAEoVVt?format=jpg&name=900x900

I went to the Gilmer County, West Virginia government web page to find an address to post for questions about Mr. Hess' future representing the fine people of the County. 

The web site  is "under construction." With a 2014 copyright. 

http://www.gilmercountywv.gov/

Clearly Gilmer County does not have its **** together.  The kind of place where people like Martin Hess can thrive.

Edit:

https://gilmercounty.wv.gov/Pages/contact.aspx

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions about Gilmer County or our website, Please feel free to contact us:

Phone: 304-462-7641
Fax: 304-462-8855

Gilmer County Courthouse
10 Howard Street
Glenville, WV 26351

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 2

Just your regular reminder that the world is standing with you. Even as far away as Australia and South Korea, thousdands are on the streets in every major city. This is a global movement and it cannot be stopped. No justice, no peace. Worldwide. ✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿

Edited by UKskins
  • Like 5