Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

54 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Lmao I'm way too pazy for that my protest is never capitalizing his name :)

My dad always made it a point to never capitalize satan. 

Pretty much the same thing. 

• Thanks 1

I took my kids (20 and 14) downtown for the protests this afternoon.  They have a huge area of downtown DC cordoned off from vehicular traffic.  There were groups moving and chanting in various areas, and 16th St. from K down to the White House was packed.  Could smell lots of weed being smoked.  People handing out water.  Music like NWAs **** da Police got a big group bouncing.  MLK speeches being played from random buildings.  Lots of stuff going on.  All peaceful that I saw.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

This is dedication. Do you copy and paste this each time or you remember the shortkeys? 

Lol. I’m too lazy too. I have it set up as a text replacement item on my keyboard so whenever I type his name that’s what it autocorrects to. Ditto for the Grand Oligarch’s Party.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/furor-in-texas-gop-after-leaders-post-racist-memes-that-suggest-floyds-death-is-a-hoax/ar-BB158zS7?li=BBnb7Kz

Furor in Texas GOP after leaders post racist memes that suggest Floyd’s death is a hoax

One Facebook post falsely claimed that the killing of George Floyd in police custody last month was a “staged event,” meant to rile up opposition to President Trump. Another showed a quote from Martin Luther King Jr. next to a banana — an established racist trope.

And a third claimed that George Soros, the liberal billionaire, paid “white cops to murder black people” and “black people to riot because race wars keep the sheep in line.”

All of these posts were shared in recent days by Republican county leaders in Texas, some of whom are now facing calls to resign from top officials within their own party, including Sens. Ted Cruz and John Cornyn and Gov. Greg Abbott, who called the posts “disgusting,” the Texas Tribune reported.

The posts have unleashed a firestorm of controversy in the state of 29 million where Republicans are struggling to beat back Democratic advances in the rapidly diversifying electorate.

<edit>

Black leaders and the party’s centrists have argued that these racist controversies imperil the party’s ability to woo minority voters, who are key to maintaining conservatives’ longtime advantage in the state. Last year, the Tarrant County Republican Party in Fort Worth was embroiled in controversy when some of its members tried to oust a Muslim party official.

“The fact that in one day 4 Texas GOP chairs have come under condemnation for racist remarks — including MY county — should make it CLEAR AS DAY we have a problem in this party and y’all need to talk to more black people,” tweeted Charles Blain, the black founder and executive director of Urban Reform, a Houston nonprofit based on free-market solutions to urban issues.

“County chairs are the face of our local parties, and statements like these, though they don’t represent the mentality of Republicans as a whole, paint us in a bad light,” Blain said in a follow-up interview. But he said he hoped the voters would take the party’s swift condemnation of the tropes into consideration going forward.

<much more at link>

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

It’s really amazing how far they’ll go to avoid the obvious truth, that America is fed up with police violence, disproportionately targeted at black men.

Of all the possible hills to die on, supporting police violence is the one they’ve chosen this time?  Ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Please set this poor woman free :(

I have no sympathy for her whatsoever.  None.  Zero.  Her pouty countenance doesnt move me.  Maybe I should be more sympathetic  but I'm not.  She knew what she was getting into and stands by his side.  She even participated in his birther shenanigans once upon a time. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2