Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2021 o line thread

bakedtater1

• 2 weeks later...

Roullier has been the steadiest member of the OL over the past 3 years. Nice he got the contract and is now locked up. One less worry for the off season. He does owe Scherff a little bonus as he is of course a much better player when Scherff is lined up next to him.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i think we should keep the same 5 o'line men as starters with lucas, schwietzer, roullier, scherff, moses for now.  they earned it!  sometimes i wonder how this oline would be if we still had trent williams, ereck flowers, roullier, scherff, and moses as our starting five.  that oline woulda been something!  for ****s and giggles, what if trent decides to come back.  what if that whole thing with san fran was part of rivera's plan to get a 3rd rounder out of it, then trent comes back.  lol

• bakedtater1 changed the title to The 2021 o line thread

Watching some clips on moses..and I'm surprised he wasnt named to the prow bowl..dude had a killer season..next to no false starts or holding calls..I love our o line going into 2021..I agree with ultravin 

On 1/6/2021 at 2:13 PM, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Seems like Ron wants Scherff back and would happily role with this OL next season. 

I hope so man..good stuff here!!

On 12/22/2020 at 1:31 AM, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I think you just give Scherff a 5 year 70-75mil deal and be done with it.

Couldn't agree more..lock scherff down...before rivera he said he wants to stay in Washington..I have a scherff jersey..have for about 3 years now..lock 

Scherff

Down!

Edited by bakedtater1

• 2 weeks later...

I think you franchise Scherff and keep him one more year or you let him go. He had a great year but he got hurt again and you don't want to spend $15M a year on a guard. I do believe, however, that you think about extending Moses. He has become a key team leader, does not miss games and is playing the best football of his career under Rivera/Matsko. He is on a cheap deal and, if you want him to play left tackle, giving him an extension with a signing bonus now is one way to do it. One more point is that, as he gets older, he is an ideal candidate to shift inside.

• Like 1

Moses can play LT in a pinch, but only a pinch.

He probably has 2-4 years left of NFL calibre play. Better to give him a 2 year extension or let him walk after this season. Likely ends his career around age 33. 

Interior OL traditionally play longer. 

4 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I am, yes. Unless WFT has a strategy to get an extra second rounder to select a top flight guard in the draft to replace him. It's not a position of strength. We don't have guards behind him that soften the blow.

Charles could be, but like Harmon this year and Reuben in the last 17 seasons... They have to be looked at as bonus and not guys to put your cash on. Same with Heinicke, really. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I am, yes. Unless WFT has a strategy to get an extra second rounder to select a top flight guard in the draft to replace him. It's not a position of strength. We don't have guards behind him that soften the blow.

Charles could be, but like Harmon this year and Reuben in the last 17 seasons... They have to be looked at as bonus and not guys to put your cash on. Same with Heinicke, really. 

100%.  This is one of the exciting things about having a younger team, we’ll (hopefully) see the payoff of a draft pipeline on a larger scale.

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Who the heck talks trash on a 4 win team lolol

Boredom and frustration, and attempting to motivate yourself to play, when you have no other reason to be motivated ? Lol

And I can't help but love Scherff's reaction ; the Silent Warrior. Doesn't say a single word. Just the death stare.

A couple seconds in, you see Scherff's helmet turn toward him, like a huge grizzly that was just poked.

Then his entire body squares toward Graham, and just glares non-stop, like the Grizzly can't believe he's being poked by a little fox.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1