Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2021 o line thread

bakedtater1

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

Glad we signed Schweitzer to a three yr deal. That is working out well. Would be more than happy with him as a long term answer on the Oline. That has been a major bonus in Scheriff's injury. Now we know we have the person on staff to let him walk if that is the direction we choose to go.

Finding space for Charles to get some PT at guard will be difficult w/ Sheriff back and Schweit manning the left side. It would have been great if he was healthy a few weeks earlier. 

Yep. Too bad they didn’t ink KPL to a multiyear deal as well as he is the only starter quality LB we have

• Like 1

@Skinsinparadise

Who’s better at football this year, Moses or Kerrigan? Lol

The Charles promotion will be fun to watch. I do like the willingness of Ron and staff to make changes and give guys a chance. Man, if shows promise that would be huge for the future. The interior would be set, leaving just LT as the question mark. A ways away from that with Charles though. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Good to finally see something, anything, come out of our 3rd pick (I know he's a 4th rounder, but by 3rd, I mean our 3rd highest pick in the draft, behind Young and Gibson)

I am really excited about him. He gets a good matchup vs Dexter Lawrence on Sunday

• Like 1

I'm glad there's a change, but it feels weird you switch to the just back from injury rookie who never played guard when you have a guy like Garnett or even Keith Ishmael.  Ismael may be a lesser talent but he has guard experience and was healthy at least

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, carex said:

I'm glad there's a change, but it feels weird you switch to the just back from injury rookie who never played guard when you have a guy like Garnett or even Keith Ishmael.  Ismael may be a lesser talent but he has guard experience and was healthy at least

This tells you one of two things:

1) Charles is by far the best LG on the roster

or:

2) Evaluation season, so they want to see if Charles can get the job done and they want to give him enough time to show what he has and demonstrate improvement. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KDawg said:

This tells you one of two things:

1) Charles is by far the best LG on the roster

or:

2) Evaluation season, so they want to see if Charles can get the job done and they want to give him enough time to show what he has and demonstrate improvement. 

well, he's barely practiced in a month, so it feels like the second.  I didn't think he spent much if any time there in camp

8 hours ago, carex said:

Ishmael should be in at C unless we intending to give Roullier a new deal.

• Like 1

I'm unfortunately glad Martin got benched.  I still think he's better than this, based on what he did in college and his rookie season.  He still wasn't good as a rookie, but he was better than this.

Martin needs to reevaluate and train with some different people in the off-season.  Cause he regressed hard.  So maybe this is the wakeup call.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, philibusters said:

Just out of curiousity, how much would people estimate Roullier would get in a new deal.  Are we talking 3 years 20 million or something like Eric Flowers got, 3 years like million?  I don't know the free agency market that well and am curious.  

Apparently the salary cap is gonna suck next year for a lot of teams so he may not get much. I'd be okay with resigning him for cheap. He's no All Pro  but you don't need five All Pros on the OL and there are teams that win with guys of Roullier's caliber on the line.