Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2021 o line thread

bakedtater1

46 minutes ago, method man said:

Given how few of them are out there, they could go sign one for the minimum now if they wanted. (I did want them to draft Ben Mason last year)

So did I. 

It's not that we're lacking a FB though, because I'm sure Bates and RSJ can handle that. It's that we don't have a RB1. McKissic and Gibson are essentially the same type of 3rd down back. Gibson is just a super sized turbo version. Those two and a real RB would go a very long way for this offense. 

1 hour ago, DWinzit said:

Would love to see the FB used. I had hopes they'd draft a big big back/full back last year.

The OL has been the brightest spot on the team this year

I'm with you on this, although I was hoping for us to draft more of a TE/FB hybrid.

I think that the running game hasn't been that bad, but it could/should be so much better considering the O-Line talent.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

We miss Trent Williams.  PFF has him as the highest graded player in the NFL this year.  Not tackle, player.

Miami got two first rounders and a second rounder for Laremy freaking Tunsil and we got a third for the best OL in the NFL.

Bruce Allen screwed his trade value. We were offered a 2020 1st by I believe the Patriots and maybe one other team(Browns maybe?) during the 2019 season.

3 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

No idea what the stats say, but Leno has been a great value signing IMO. 

If you think Leno has been a great value signing (which he has been), Lucas was an extremely good value signing (I think he is getting paid < 2M a year).

I think some team pays Lucas close to $10m a year this offseason to be a bridge solution at LT

• Like 2