Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2021 o line thread

bakedtater1

3 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Any chance Charles gets the start over Lucas?

And they’ll need to add an 8th lineman to the roster with Cosmi out.  Any idea who that is?  We have Larson and Charles/Lucas as depth currently.

Probably too early in the season to worry about playing young guys.   Lucas did well when he filled in late season at Tackle including the playoff game and did well against the Saints last week.  I think Charles is probably a downgrade to Lucas.  If this is week 16 and we are 5-9 and out of the playoff picture maybe its different  story and you are more worried about developing Charles rather than putting out your very best team, but we are not to that point yet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

We can't talk about how good the Oline has been because we don't have a quarterback that can chuck the ball like a Pro Caliber QB. All their hardwork is going to waste. 

agreed. Oline has held up pretty well all things considered.

On 10/13/2021 at 12:46 PM, IrepDC said:

I don't see how we can justify paying Scherff with his injury history and the way Wes stepped up

If Scherff plays and stays healthy Sunday, I wish a team would offer a late rounder for him. The trade deadline approaching. As much as i like him, I don't see him being resigned. At least the team would get something for him. He isn't going to be the difference in WFT reaching the playoffs or not this year. 

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

There's some great stuff about Chase Rouiller on BHRBN, really great piece from Sam Fortier of the Washington Post.

Guy is really underrated in our line. Clearly commanding it and having it operating at top level.

4 hours ago, DWinzit said:

If Scherff plays and stays healthy Sunday, I wish a team would offer a late rounder for him. The trade deadline approaching. As much as i like him, I don't see him being resigned. At least the team would get something for him. He isn't going to be the difference in WFT reaching the playoffs or not this year. 

As big of a fan of Scherff as I am, yes, trading him should have been a priority since tagging him twice. But I doubt we're gonna get much out of him now with the price tag and his injuries that are piling on lately.

Don't see anyone signing him long term right now.

We made it once with Kirk. We're gonna make it twice with Brandon.

14 hours ago, DWinzit said:

You do know about compensatory picks right? Scherff is a 3rd/4th round pick no doubt about it.

1 hour ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

You do know about compensatory picks right? Scherff is a 3rd/4th round pick no doubt about it.

Depends who we sign to offset who we lose under the compensatory pick formula.

16 hours ago, DWinzit said:

I was a strong advocate of extending Scherff and paying him well, but I think we may have got slightly lucky to a degree. The 18mil this year or whatever it is was a waste of cash and cap resources, but his continual struggle with injuries likely mean he would have been a bigger waste of cash and cap resource on a longer term deal.

• Like 2

Roullier  might be out for the season?  Wow!

What about Flowers?

BTW, I felt that Saahdiq Charles didn't do a very good job at RT.  He lost a lot of his matchups  and opponents were getting past him to pressure and/or sack Heinicke.

Edited by Wyvern

hopefully Lucas or Cosmi will be back after the bye.  Charles didn't look great but I also don't think he looked terrible and I think he's primarily practiced at guard for a while

We need Scherff back after the bye, which I this he should be, so Schweitzer can slide over to center

18 hours ago, Wyvern said:

BTW, I felt that Saahdiq Charles didn't do a very good job at RT.  He lost a lot of his matchups  and opponents were getting past him to pressure and/or sack Heinicke.

First start and playing out of his primary position.  It's good that he got some experience and hopefully it will help him if he ever has to shift over to Tackle again.  I'd like to see him play Guard this season to see if the team got anything from the draft pick.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I wonder who is starting at Center this week, since the best player on our team is out. I'm hoping it's Wes and Scherff is back, because then we can just run the ball all ****ing day and nobody is stopping us.

Wait, Tres Way is out :ols:

I was wondering the same, will they slide Wes or insert Larsen. I am not very familiar with Larsen

Sure would be sweet if we could have a good freaking run game. 

27 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Wait, Tres Way is out :ols:

I was wondering the same, will they slide Wes or insert Larsen. I am not very familiar with Larsen

Sure would be sweet if we could have a good freaking run game. 

We've got the 6th best run blocking grade on the line, despite playing 10 different lineman too. We need a RB1.

7 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

We've got the 6th best run blocking grade on the line, despite playing 10 different lineman too. We need a RB1.

Galdi mentioned a stat that Gibson is the biggest underachiever in the league at RB relative to the blocking he gets. Scott needs to stop with this nonsense where all of his backs are former receivers and he needs a fullback (maybe use Sammis) to take full advantage of the line’s run blocking

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, method man said:

Galdi mentioned a stat that Gibson is the biggest underachiever in the league at RB relative to the blocking he gets. Scott needs to stop with this nonsense where all of his backs are former receivers and he needs a fullback (maybe use Sammis) to take full advantage of the line’s run blocking

Would love to see the FB used. I had hopes they'd draft a big big back/full back last year.

The OL has been the brightest spot on the team this year

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DWinzit said:

Would love to see the FB used. I had hopes they'd draft a big big back/full back last year.

The OL has been the brightest spot on the team this year

Given how few of them are out there, they could go sign one for the minimum now if they wanted. (I did want them to draft Ben Mason last year)

• Like 1