Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Hopefully JOK gets the kind of start to his career that Sweat has ended up having. Not great to have a potential issue like that shatter a dream. Good luck to him.

Anyone watch the Zaven Collins ‘call’ when being picked by AZ ? Most people seem to think it’s pretty cool, not me, wasn’t a fan, even though I do appreciate the emotion involved. Parsons similar type of reaction on the stage.

Got to love the quiet, humble, let’s get to work ethic. Davis is going to smash it in his rookie year. He will feast behind our DL.

I missed it but can tell I am going to be disappointed in him. How did he react?

If it was upset, maybe he was set on WFT and pissed he is headed to the dessert instead...can't blame him there :806:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I missed it but can tell I am going to be disappointed in him. How did he react?

If it was upset, maybe he was set on WFT and pissed he is headed to the dessert instead...can't blame him there :806:

He was excited and fired up, guess the language caught me out a bit....not that it bothers me in general at all, but it seemed misplaced on a call with GM and HC. Watch it and see what you think. 

11 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I missed it too. I wonder where he thought he'd go. Probably to us, raiders or slide a bit. So the surprise could be genuine. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

He was excited and fired up, guess the language caught me out a bit....not that it bothers me in general at all, but it seemed misplaced on a call with GM and HC. Watch it and see what you think. 

I think this is one of those things that looks bad if there is character concerns with the prospect but if there aren’t just looks pretty awesome. 

It could be that you’re right here. But for this one I haven’t heard anyone say anything bad about Collins, so in my eyes this is raw, unbridled emotion coming to fruition.

There aren’t many context clues to guide me to this being a character issue. But again, that doesn’t mean it isn’t. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Sorry to hear that buddy. Maybe you should quit your life and move to the Caribbean.  :ols:

I mean, I'm still a salty old grump but I swim more. :ols: this board is my escape too and this thread is like a safe place in the stadium.

Where do you live?!

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I think this is one of those things that looks bad if there is character concerns with the prospect but if there aren’t just looks pretty awesome. 

It could be that you’re right here. But for this one I haven’t heard anyone say anything bad about Collins, so in my eyes this is raw, unbridled emotion coming to fruition.

There aren’t many context clues to guide me to this being a character issue. But again, that doesn’t mean it isn’t. 

agree, was more just a passing observation.

On 5/2/2021 at 6:11 AM, KDawg said:

Thank you everyone in here.

Specifically @Skinsinparadise

@stevemcqueen1

@Anselmheifer

@Burgundy Yoda

@The Consigliere

@UK SKINS FAN 74

@mhd24

@Master Blaster

@Fresh8686

@Alcoholic Zebra

@DWinzit

@clskinsfan

@JamesMadisonSkins

And everyone for participating in here. Most fun on the forum is in this thread. 

Also, I am 100% I left some off this. I appreciate almost every post I read in here that keeps the convo flowing. 

This forum did a pretty badass job navigating this draft this year.

I still think the Lions were using our forum as their board :ols:

Ouch buddy. I know it got a little heated back during our FS talks, but I know you like me.

https://comb.io/EjD64J.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If this has been posted my apologies. 

Interesting nugget from Rivera - Washington made late round trade to acquire more picks so they could avoid having to pay more $$ for undrafted rookie free agents. WFT has only signed 1 UDFA thus far, and the team is bringing in more free agents this week, not just rookies
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

UDFAs get more than the seventh round scale?  Man that sucks for all of the guys who get picked in the 7th.

The better ones do, yeah.  They can get into a bidding war whereas guys selected in the seventh can’t.  Now I don’t think the money is that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things, but RR alluded to fact that there is more of a pressure to play a high cost UDFA even if they haven’t quite earned it.  That’s why they want to stock up on seventh rounders that they don’t worry about if they were wrong in their evaluations.  It was a good segment, the Rivera interview on Mitchell/Finlay yesterday.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DWinzit said:

He sounded like a meat head imo. Dropping F bombs in his first conversation with the HC and GM. He seemed more immature than I'd expect. The enthusiasm isn't a bad thing, but idk if his personality would fit what we seem to look for. Still hope he is successful. Just caught me off guard. 

45 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

UDFAs get more than the seventh round scale?  Man that sucks for all of the guys who get picked in the 7th.

I *think Rivera was saying how the Team has to pay money courting UDFAs with the possibility they'll still sign somewhere else.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I found this interesting too.  Kind of odd.  

22 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

The better ones do, yeah.  They can get into a bidding war whereas guys selected in the seventh can’t.  Now I don’t think the money is that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things, but RR alluded to fact that there is more of a pressure to play a high cost UDFA even if they haven’t quite earned it.  That’s why they want to stock up on seventh rounders that they don’t worry about if they were wrong in their evaluations.  It was a good segment, the Rivera interview on Mitchell/Finlay yesterday.

He was on GMFB on NFLN and mentioned, I believe that more vets will be signed in the coming days.  So I'd expect more cuts before the signings and will be curious as to who is signed.  Rick Wagner from GB is out there and also the Tackle from Chi that just got released.  

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I found this interesting too.  Kind of odd.  

He was on GMFB on NFLN and mentioned, I believe that more vets will be signed in the coming days.  So I'd expect more cuts before the signings and will be curious as to who is signed.  Rick Wagner from GB is out there and also the Tackle from Chi that just got released.  

Honestly, I’d rather them find out what they have with Charles and Cosmi.  Not sure I want to dive into the FA T market.  Would rather use the remaining cap money on bringing Kerrigan back.

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

Honestly, I’d rather them find out what they have with Charles and Cosmi.  Not sure I want to dive into the FA T market.  Would rather use the remaining cap money on bringing Kerrigan back.

Kerrigan on vet minimum to me.  We drafted his possible replacements in the draft.  That's the only way I'd bring Kerrigan back.  Love the guy and appreciate all he has done but it's a business along with being a sport. 

6 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Kerrigan on vet minimum to me.  We drafted his possible replacements in the draft.  That's the only way I'd bring Kerrigan back.  Love the guy and appreciate all he has done but it's a business along with being a sport. 

We drafted two guys that could carve themselves a niche as situational pass rushers and STers.  I like the picks.  But if Young or Sweat go down, I’d much rather have Kerrigan there to see those increased snaps.  I think there is middle ground, contract wise, to be found.  

Another way to put it, we lose 542 snaps from Kerrigan and Anderson.  I don’t  know if Toney and the Baylor kid are ready to absorb those.

Edited by Ball Security
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Hopefully JOK gets the kind of start to his career that Sweat has ended up having. Not great to have a potential issue like that shatter a dream. Good luck to him.

Anyone watch the Zaven Collins ‘call’ when being picked by AZ ? Most people seem to think it’s pretty cool, not me, wasn’t a fan, even though I do appreciate the emotion involved. Parsons similar type of reaction on the stage.

Got to love the quiet, humble, let’s get to work ethic. Davis is going to smash it in his rookie year. He will feast behind our DL.

What happened with JOK

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

What happened with JOK

Apparently he had some sort of heart condition that was revealed during his medicals that spooked teams.  But his doctor cleared him to play, so who knows if it will be a limiting factor for him moving forward.

• Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I remember hearing this a few years ago. Seems a bit stupid as you would be hoping NOT to be drafted in the 7th round then.

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I’m down. It’s Puppy City at Koolblue’s pad.

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

Draft party at your house next year!

Superbowl would be even better, but I'm down for whatever. 

KDawgs not invited.

Edited by Koolblue13
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Apparently he had some sort of heart condition that was revealed during his medicals that spooked teams.  But his doctor cleared him to play, so who knows if it will be a limiting factor for him moving forward.

Yikes. Hope it’s nothing and he plays it smart. 

47 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

We drafted two guys that could carve themselves a niche as situational pass rushers and STers.  I like the picks.  But if Young or Sweat go down, I’d much rather have Kerrigan there to see those increased snaps.  I think there is middle ground, contract wise, to be found.  

Another way to put it, we lose 542 snaps from Kerrigan and Anderson.  I don’t  know if Toney and the Baylor kid are ready to absorb those.

Good points.  We shall see how RR and Co. deal with it.  I know he isn't against it but seemed hesitant to give a definite answer on Kerrigan when asked about it from the tweets I have seen.  

10 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Sorry to hear that buddy. Maybe you should quit your life and move to the Caribbean.  :ols:

I mean, I'm still a salty old grump but I swim more. :ols: this board is my escape too and this thread is like a safe place in the stadium.

Aha, so now I understand the true meaning of Koolblue!

You aren’t some cat chain smoking kools.

You’re lazing about on a beach sipping Pina Coladas, enjoying the kool blue waters of the caribbean while your stable of shapely uninhibited maidens tend to your slightest desires.

I am so damn jealous. lol 😂 

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Haha 1