Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

8 hours ago, JoggingGod said:

We are so screwed behind proportions. Like you don’t know how bleak our future is.

We’re going into a weak QB class next year, but  on top of that, the Eagles and Cowboys will have 5 firsts between the two, meaning more opportunities to block us from getting our QB of the future ASSUMING that there’s anyone worth trading up for in range. We also have reason to believe Ron won’t do a big trade up even next year

The honeymoon was fun while it lasted. Ron is just another Bruce Allen as a manager. The dark days are ahead and will last for a while.

I bet you're just a TON of fun at parties. 

1 minute ago, jsharrin55 said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29853799/stanford-cardinal-lineman-walker-little-opts-2020-season-eyes-nfl-draft

So not going through all the guys, but Walker listed here as potential top-15 guy.  Clearly things are not consistent now, but I think getting into 3rd round you take that risk.  Missing info sure, but that's why they drop.  Wiping them off the board is what seems silly to me vs waiting later to pick (not that you were suggesting that part).

Yup, I think a lot of people are thrown off by his 2 years of not playing and the fact that that has placed him in the 4th - 5th round of many mock drafts, but I think the value there is immense, and the fact that you're not drafting him to be your Week 1 LT takes off some of the pressure to develop him properly with that time off. I would welcome that pick at 51, but would love it even more if it could be at 74 or 82. I sense someone will bet on the talent though and he might not even get to us at 51.

Logging off soon, so I wanted to post a couple of my dream drafts ahead of Day 2 using TDN since it's so hard to get in here live in the draft. See you all for a more calm debrief on Monday!

Version I: Trade down for picks + Address QB

*Trade 2.51 & 7.248 to LV for 3.79 & 3.80*

74: Brevin Jordan, TE Miami

79: Richie Grant, S UCF

80: Davis Mills, QB Stanford

82: Walker Little, OT Stanford

124: Patrick Jones II, DE Pittsburgh

163: Anthony Schwartz, WR Auburn

Version II: No-trades, no QB:

2.51: Pat Freiermuth, TE Penn State

3.74: Walker Little, OT Stanford

3.82: Richie Grant, FS UCF

4:124: Shaun Wade, CB Ohio State

5.163: Jonathan Cooper, DE Ohio State

7.246: Sage Surratt, WR Wake Forest

7.258: Tay Gowan, CB UCF

Both of these target high upside, raw talent who maybe fell off due to COVID or opt-outs. Maybe some of these players will go well above where the TDN simulator has them currently going, but I really like the upside of all these players. FWIW, go look at some of the post 2020 mock draft "2021 Mocks" and you'll find Freiermuth, Little, Wade and Surratt all in most of those mock drafts. Surratt lost Jaime Newman at QB, Little sat out the year. Wade had a really bad season coming off a superb 2019 but had COVID apparently ... Freiermuth was *the* round 1 TE before Pitts emerged. Davis Mills was the #1 QB recruit in the country. So, if you want impact, you go for these guys and if you nail half of them we could see some surprise Pro-Bowlers. Just my $.02

37 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I wish I saw in Marshall what all of you do. I just don’t like his game. 

From what i recall your issue is run blocking and contested catches up the middle.   You aren't wrong about that IMO, I highlighted it myself when I did my first longish report on him.

But IMO what you are missing is he's really really really good at so many other things.   

He's actually a very good contested catch guy in the red zone and around the numbers.   

He had one of the top contested catch scores among any of the receivers in this draft and if you watch enough of him you can see that the numbers aren't misleading on that front.

He's a good YAC guy.  Tough to bring down.

He has through the roof intangibles.  I posted articles about him here. 

He has a sick catch radius.  Red zone weapon who was a TD machine at LSU.

The biggest thing is Terrace is a deep threat.  He has good long speed and can track the deep ball.

He has the 2nd highest RAS scores about the receivers.   6 2 1/2", over 200 pounds, runs a 4.4.  

Having said all of that about Terrace, it wouldn't surprise me if we ended up with Dyami Brown who I know you like.  If Sheehan is right and they want an Elijah Moore type. Terrace fits that to some extent but in some extent it doesn't.  But it seems to fit Dyami much more. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

From what i recall your issue is run blocking and contested catches up the middle.   You aren't wrong about that IMO, I highlighted it myself when I did my first longish report on him.

But IMO what you are missing is he's really really really good at so many other things.   

He's actually a very good contested catch guy in the red zone and around the numbers.   

He had one of the top contested catch scores among any of the receivers in this draft and if you watch enough of him you can see that the numbers aren't misleading on that front.

The biggest thing is Terrace is a deep threat.  He has good long speed and can track the deep ball.

He has the 2nd highest RAS scores about the receivers.   6 2 1/2", over 200 pounds, runs a 4.4.  

Having said all of that about Terrace, it wouldn't surprise me if we ended up with dyami Brown who I know you like

His route running is horrendous imo. I can’t get beyond that. I see WHY people like him... I just can’t feel it.

57 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Having said all of that about Terrace, it wouldn't surprise me if we ended up with Dyami Brown who I know you like.  If Sheehan is right and they want an Elijah Moore type. Terrace fits that to some extent but in some extent it doesn't.  But it seems to fit Dyami much more. 

I like Dyami a lot as well. Wrote a pretty long post about the guy a few weeks ago. I do like Marshall more though. His deep threat potential and contested catch potential is through the roof. And he will get chances with Fitz under center. 

Lots of people calling the Jets about moving up apparently. 

Bwahahaahahaha!!!

10 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I completely agree. I assumed Davis was getting draft hyped up the board. I think if Zaven had made it to us, he may have been the pick. Ron knows he needs two things, a leader in the middle on both sides. The QBs didn't come to us this year and LBer did. We can polish up our defense and get that completely humming for a few years and then the lumps we take from having a young QB the next few years won't hurt so bad. I'm trying to look at this as finishing touches on a multi year build. Last year was evaluating what was here. I fully expect a TE today. I'd guess FS and OT as well. I also don't think were done at LBer.

Good post, and that's where I am also. I was trying to mock out how the next 2 days go and this is what I got:

#57 Jalen Mayfield LT
#74 Davis Mills QB
#82 Tommy Tremble TE
#97 Andre Cisco S
#139 Shawn Wade FS/CB
#180 Derrick Barnes MLB
#188 Jarrett Patterson RB
#246 Dez Fitzpatric WR
#248 Chris Evans RB

I had quite a few trade downs to grab some extra picks. I think Tommy Tremble, Davis Mills and Derrick Barnes are still mocked too low on PFN, but there's plenty of ways to skin this cat. I do not want to take a QB with the second rounder. Mid to late round QB's hardly ever pan out to the draft position, and for once, I want some DAMN value with our 2nd rounder. If it ends up being Shane Beuchele because he's the only one left, so be it!

Just now, Warhead36 said:

McCarthy probably wanted OL help. But Parsons will be a big upgrade for their LB. Unfortunately for them their secondary is still dog doo doo. I foresee a couple more 100 yard games out of McLaurin and maybe even Samuel.

I guess Gibson waving really pissed him off.

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

I like Dyami a lot as well. Wrote a pretty long post about the guy a few weeks ago. I do like Marshall more though. His deep threat potential and contested catch potential is through the roof. And he will get chances with Fitz under center. 

Lots of people calling the Jets about moving up apparently. 

Bwahahaahahaha!!!

Makes sense for the Jets to recoup some picks they gave up last night for AVT.

I LOVE Micah Parsons as a run stopper and a blitzer in the passing game. I watched a Brett Kollman mock draft where he was the guest with some kid, and Kollman said, "Parsons basically does NONE of the things you want a modern linebacker to do." I don't necessarily think he's going to implode because of his character or negatively affect the team. But I don't think he's ever going to make the impact that Jamin will because he can't cover. He hasn't demonstrated he can do it, and he doesn't really seem to have the build for it. His arms are soooo much shorter than Jamin and JOK's. We ran all over Dallas last year and he probably helps with that. But he's not going to be an asset in the passing game. 

13 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

The dingbats over in couchboyzone aren’t overly excited.

Ha yeah just spent an hour reading over there, sounds like a lot of guys trying to convince themselves it was a good pick. 

9 minutes ago, max21 said:

Ha yeah just spent an hour reading over there, sounds like a lot of guys trying to convince themselves it was a good pick. 

It was a good pick. A whole bunch of homerism in this thread when it comes to Parsons. On the field he was the best defensive player in this draft. And the Cowboys got an extra 3rd rounder out of trading down as well. Now will he mentally collapse with fat pockets full of money? Who knows. But I do know Dallas has the best LB's in the division now. And it aint even close. 

Archived