Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

2 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

A lot of talk about Moerhig, and I like him and like the idea of upgrading our coverage units. 

But how do you guys feel about Moehrig vs. Newsome? I like the idea of Newsome and a FS in RD 3-5 more than Moehrig and a CD in 3-5. 

And I love the idea of having two really good, long, athletic CB’s outside, an established slot CB in Fuller, and two solid backups. That’s a really good secondary. 

I like Newsome A LOT. But his injury history scares the hell out of me as well.  

1 hour ago, Idaho fan said:

Seems like every year there is a lot of talk by many teams trading picks to move up or down.  In reality there aren't usually all that many trades in the first round.  Since 2011 there are only 5.2 trades made in the first round.  From what I've read many reports suggest that teams see value where they are already sitting this year so there may not be much incentive to pay to move up and without decent value teams won't move down.  

With the over/under at 5.2 on trades tonight what ya think?

Im taking the under even with the more than usual number of sexy QBs being talked about.

Under for me for sure. With the lack of combine, people opting out and other Covid issues I just cant see many teams wasting draft capital to move up. 

1 hour ago, mhd24 said:

AVT is super safe as a guard.  If the goal is to be a sure-fire solid 1st rounder, I wouldn't be mad at getting AVT, but they must think he can play tackle.

Maybe for one year until he slides into starting RG for us once Scherff is gone? A lot of AVT hate in here for sure. The guy can play. But I would actually be kind of shocked if they draft him after trading for Flowers. 

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Just finished up my 4 round mock draft (Team controlled with trades). Traded 1.19 and 3.82 for 1.14 and then traded 2.51 for 3.78 and 3.90

1.14: Justin Fields, QB Ohio State

3.72: Brevin Jordan, TE Miami

3.78: Richie Grant, S UCF

3.90: Walker Little, OT Stanford

4.124: Dylan Moses, LB Alabama

This would be an A+ draft

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Those are the offers that drive me nuts, and the packers are fools for turning it down. Rodgers is an '05 draftee, that's sixteen years ago, how many more years in that body? 2-4? I can't understand it from the niners pov, and I definitely don't understand why the packers wasted a top asset on a QB, then turn around and say no to that (not to mention the idiotic Dillon pick, backstopped by the idiotic Jones resigning). They're the most successful dumb organization running lately. A great reminder in how much an elite QB can change the fortunes of even horribly run franchises.  

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Saints apparently really want a CB but are Surtain/Horn worth giving up what it would take the Saints to move all the way up to the top 10?

Yeah they are supposed to be after CB1 in the draft. 

Question is also, who is happy to move that far back to #28, unless they then do a ‘Miami’ and move back up via a follow up trade.

45 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

So, in my view this would mean if you have a guy you like a lot this year, and you see him as franchise altering, you offer next year's 1st and go get him (Fields, Lance, Sewell)

This sets up nicely for trading 1/4/1 or 1/3/1 to Detroit or Carolina. OR, possibly just trading Minnesota a 2022 2nd to go with #19 (they have about 15 millions 3/4/5 round picks this year anyway)

Well, admittedly I can't speak to OL, DL, LB, DB, but in terms of RB's, WR's, and QB's, that draft is horse ----. The NFL Remains run by completely incompetent babboons. Seriously, there are massive inefficiencies that can be taken advantage of by even slightly competent F.O.'s. 

Hopefully they're talking about the defensive class, and OL, because other than that, it sucks. 

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Saints apparently really want a CB but are Surtain/Horn worth giving up what it would take the Saints to move all the way up to the top 10?

Not sure about that :unsure:, and according to OTC their Team Cap Space is : $219,354

They have 3 players they can trade before June 1st without dead money

4 hours ago, RWJ said:

I think Werner definitely makes it to #51 but do we have JOK rated #1 on our draft board.  I think so, so maybe Werner's their 2nd round graded LBer.  Rankings on players per ratings/rounds.  IF this, then that so on..  

So most rumors point to the Raiders really liking JOK and they pick a few spots ahead of us but Gruden is so moody that could change.  Lol

I think I could talk myself into AVT at 19 if he was the pick. Depending on who else is there, he could be BPA and fill a 2022 need at OT or G. Watching him, I’m not ready to say he is 100% a guard. He doesn’t look like Scherff, he’s not a power player, he is much more fluid and smooth. I think he could actually play OT especially if we run more zone stuff. I do think he would need some help if we wanted to run a lot of long developing plays vs quick passing game. 

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Watson was the college winner and just do-it-all stud who was shocking when he fell. Fields would be similar. 

I don't think he was that shocking--he threw 32 INTs over 30 games at Clemson. That's a ton. As I recall, I don't think he was considered that high of a prospect. I could be wrong.

Archived