Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Pat McAfee on his show reported that the 9ers are NOT taking Jones at 3. He does have some connections, so we'll see. 

He also says there is something in the works that will change the fabric of the nfl...  he is trying to figure a way to make it through 2 hrs of his show without yelling out the rumor/secret. Haha. One of the most entertaining sports show right now

24 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Geez. It would cost them 3 firsts and a couple of seconds at least to move up that far. Nuts. 

Three firsts that are likely to be in the very late 20s in exchange for the security of having a potential franchise qb for the next 10+ years.

Seems like a high risk but even higher reward move by Payton.

If there's one coach that knows how to evaluate and train a quarterback it's Sean Payton. If he sees someone that he's willing to wager the farm on I wouldn't bet against him.

"Who dares wins."

14 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

I think I could talk myself into AVT at 19 if he was the pick. Depending on who else is there, he could be BPA and fill a 2022 need at OT or G. Watching him, I’m not ready to say he is 100% a guard. He doesn’t look like Scherff, he’s not a power player, he is much more fluid and smooth. I think he could actually play OT especially if we run more zone stuff. I do think he would need some help if we wanted to run a lot of long developing plays vs quick passing game. 

For the love of god we do not need to draft a guard round 1.

15 minutes ago, sjinhan said:

He also says there is something in the works that will change the fabric of the nfl...  he is trying to figure a way to make it through 2 hrs of his show without yelling out the rumor/secret. Haha. One of the most entertaining sports show right now

Could the owners have a secret plan to vote out Snyder???

Pretty please with a cherry on top. (fingers, toes and eyes crossed)

The most interesting piece of the draft is if the 49ers DON'T draft Mac Jones and draft Trey Lance instead, how does that impact teams down the board? We have heard a lot of love for Jones as it pertains to justifying him at #3, but who becomes the favorite to draft Jones if he isn't at #3?

Everyone seems to assume Lance/Fields are the fallers, but who stops a Jones slide?

I mean there's a chance he could be there at #19, I guess. I think there's a better chance Jones slides to #19 if Lance goes #3 than I do Lance or Fields sliding to #19 if Jones goes #3 ... simply due to their athletic profile fitting the needs of the NFL more than Jones.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Insanity. I would think to go from #28 to #7 New Orleans would have to give up #28, #60, 2022 1st and a 2022 1st.

I mean how much could NO really love that CB? Or is it a QB? Either way, the Lions would have 3 1st rounders each of the next 2 years, and that would have to be massively appealing.

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

there's a better chance Jones slides to #19 if Lance goes #3 than I do Lance or Fields sliding to #19 if Jones goes #3 ... simply due to their athletic profile fitting the needs of the NFL more than Jones

Ngl... I don’t think any team had Mac as a top ten pick. All smoke.

Daniel J. On Cowherd just said medicals coming in and its a train wreck.  Hitting D line specifically hard where teams are taking some guys off their big boards.  He thinks a lot of 2nd round Oline will move in to the 1st because of it.  

2 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

FACT: If the Saints do trade up to 7 it's only for a qb. Everything reported to the contrary is purely disinformation.

That's what I think, too.  It seems too ridiculous otherwise.  I love Horn/Surtain as much as the next guy but I am not giving up the farm for them. 

Finlay on air just said, from what he heard Lance isn't their guy and they aren't trading up for him.  But if Fields lands in the 7-9 range watch out, they might give it a shot. 

The Saints are looking to move up, saying its not for a QB, to see if that decreases compensation cost.

Make no mistake... if they move up and one of the QBs is there, they are going to take them.

I have a gut feeling that SF is going to take Fields at 3.

Atlanta goes Pitts.

Cincy/Miami go Sewell/Chase in some combo.

New Orleans takes Lance if they are at 7. If not someone is moving to 7 to scoop Carolina and Denver out of the QB.

Mac Jones probably falls to 15 into Belichick's lap. 

I feel sad.

I had been secretly hoping that we would find a way to shock the world today by climbing up into the top 10 and stealing either Lance or Fields.

But it looks like the Saints are the team going all balls out. Dagnabit!

Now all we have left to look forward to is the anti-climax of our 19th pick. While Payton gets sent bouquets of roses and magnums of champagne.

"Looks like I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing airplane glue."

--sniff--

Archived