Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He didn't think they are in on Parsons and Z. Collins but didn't say it was much emphasis so I don't know how confident he is about that

I was just about to post and say we maybe are in on Parsons given the lack of chatter linking him :ols:

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I watched the Keim video he just posted.

Players he said they know they like:  Vera Tucker-Darrisaw-Koramoah-Moehrig.  He said like Sheehan did that they think Vera-Tucker can play tackle.  They like Vera-Tucker slightly over Darrisaw.

Price is too steep right now to trade up for Fields.  They think its possible he falls to 19 (sounds crazy to me) and they might trade up if the price gets cheaper to do it.  NE and Chicago likely the competition.

He didn't think they are in on Parsons and Z. Collins but didn't say it was much emphasis so I don't know how confident he is about that

They like the spot they are at in 19.  They feel good they will get a good player

Trask-Mills are possible after day 1 

I normally don't like trading up, but Fields is so absurdly talented that - if he slides to 8-10, definitely make a serious offer.    

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I watched the Keim video he just posted.

Players he said they know they like:  Vera Tucker-Darrisaw-Koramoah-Moehrig.  He said like Sheehan did that they think Vera-Tucker can play tackle.  They like Vera-Tucker slightly over Darrisaw.

Price is too steep right now to trade up for Fields.  They think its possible he falls to 19 (sounds crazy to me) and they might trade up if the price gets cheaper to do it.  NE and Chicago likely the competition.

They like the spot they are at in 19.  They feel good they will get a good player

Trask-Mills are possible after day 1 

Vera Tucker is disappointing to hear for me but it's up to RR.  JOK, to me is the better option.  IF Jon G. selects JOK then that puts Tucker in play for us.  Ugh!   I think Tucker is definitely there at #19.  I can only hope someone else selects him before #19.  I'd rather we trade up for Fields before selecting Tucker.  JMO.  Mills on Day 2 in the 3rd.  

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Just finished up my 4 round mock draft (Team controlled with trades). Traded 1.19 and 3.82 for 1.14 and then traded 2.51 for 3.78 and 3.90

1.14: Justin Fields, QB Ohio State

3.72: Brevin Jordan, TE Miami

3.78: Richie Grant, S UCF

3.90: Walker Little, OT Stanford

4.124: Dylan Moses, LB Alabama

Who else is available at LB besides Moses at #124?  1st through 3rd is very good!! 

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

A lot of talk about Moerhig, and I like him and like the idea of upgrading our coverage units. 

But how do you guys feel about Moehrig vs. Newsome? I like the idea of Newsome and a FS in RD 3-5 more than Moehrig and a CD in 3-5. 

And I love the idea of having two really good, long, athletic CB’s outside, an established slot CB in Fuller, and two solid backups. That’s a really good secondary. 

It's too hard to try and game the draft to target positions in each round, so I think you just trust in BPA.  That said, I don't know who I would rank as BPA between Newsome and Moehrig.  They are both really good and both fit perfectly into our defense and offer the ideal versatility we are looking for.  Maybe I could come up with a clearer take on who I prefer if I had more time and inclination to tape grind, but I haven't watched the two of them enough, specifically in comparison with each other, to be confident in my take.  All I know is that both are a yes vote for me and I'd be happy with either at 19.

I will say this though: If we're gaming out ideal scenarios, I like a secondary where we get Moehrig in the first and Samuel Jr in the second more than a secondary where we get Newsome in the first and Jamar Johnson or Richie Grant in the second.  Obviously both would be nice, but I think the overall talent of the Moehrig/Samuel secondary is a bit higher. 

But after Samuel, the CB options start thinning out fast for me, whereas the safety depth stays strong throughout the class.  So if we go Newsome in the first, Rondale in the second, and then a day three safety, then that is probably better than Moehrig in the first, Rondale second, and day three corner.

Moehrig can play slot corner too though, so that's a consideration in his favor.

3 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

image.jpeg.38bf58f5b2d746b0fe3d729e4cc22c9b.jpeg

Love it, S&S!! 

1 minute ago, JoggingGod said:

They already traded for Flowers there's a snowball's chance they pick a G

Anything could happen we don't know until the pick.  I agree with what you said though.

I've decided that this year I just want a bunch of normal players. Let's not gamble on injured or oft-injured players. Let's not choose line-men with small hands, or short WRs or CBs, LBs that get blown away if it is windy, or QBs that can run really well but not throw. 😀

We can't bank on him falling to 19. The Pats or Bears will move up to 10-12 to take him(10-12 are all NFC East teams, they won't trade with us). If not them, then the Chargers at 13. Too many minefields to pass. And the Bears are DESPERATE. They could do something dumb like offer three 1s in the heat of the moment.

19 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Who else is available at LB besides Moses at #124?  1st through 3rd is very good!! 

Moses was about all that was left as far as the guys we've talked about. I tried to be fair/impartial and didn't even pay attention to who was on the board outside of the 1st round in regards who I "wanted" to be there when picks came up as to not be influenced or try and push players down.

Jabril Cox went 48 to the Raiders, which forced the trade down from #51 so Minnesota could come up and get a DE.

Pete Werner went #63 to the Chiefs, but was someone I had planned to take at #74 if he were there.

Surrat, Moses, Rice and Barnes were there at each of my Round 3 picks but I opted to go more BPA, which led to Grant, Jordan, and Little.

You know what I think my least favorite thing is that we’ve all been guilty of?

”It’s up to RR. So if he thinks it’s the best choice then obviously that’s how the team feels.”

I’ve prefaced stuff I’ve said with it, too.

Can we stop doing that? It’s kind of a no **** statement, right? Can we just talk to each other with the understanding that the team has more info? :ols:

14 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

They already traded for Flowers there's a snowball's chance they pick a G

You never know.  Finley was saying that the chances of a long-term contract with Scherff are now remote and that the team may be convinced they have a one-year rental.  I'm not sure I would want the WFT to use a first round pick on a Guard but drafting one might be a good idea.  I wish we knew more about S.Charles situation.  

Archived