Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

12 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Vera Tucker would be disappointing to me.

Me, too.  Apparently the Vikings love him so I am hoping that's where he goes.

Sheehan describing the type of receivers they want surprised me.   I heard previously they want a big receiver.  His description of a receiver they are looking for fit Elijah Moore (probably my guy more than any player in this draft) and then he actually said Elijah Moore.  So that was cool for me to hear.   But now i am scrambiling to think of other receivers who are sort or like that later in the draft.    Schwartz (but he's not polished), Darden, Shi Smith, Dyami Brown?

1 hour ago, Panninho said:

I don't really get the love fest for Parsons I have seen recently. Yeah he is an athletic freak and yeah our LB corps sucks but I just don't see him as the second coming of Luke Kuechly.

If there were no questions about him, sure I'd absolutely take him in the first round and be happy. But we got alle these character concerns on top of some questions about his instincts and his coverage ability. I wouldn't trade up for a linebacker in general but much less for a guy who could potentially be a problem in the locker room. I have often read that we now have a strong locker room and so Parsons wouldn't be a problem. I mean the last season was a move in the right direction but this "good culture", if it exists, is most definitely still fragile. That's something you build over years, not in one season. We are only 2 years removed from being an absolute dumpster fire of a culture. This team still has to deal with so manny issues on various fronts. I can't understand how anyone can have this much trust after just one year.

I honestly wouldn't know how I felt if we drafted him at 19, but I absolutely don't want to trade up for him.

It appears I have different views on Parsons than most of you-probably since I am a Penn State fan.  I’ll try to give you a different perspective. He was admittedly immature as an early teen. How many on the board wasn’t that way at the same time.  The Stuff that allegedly happened at Penn State has continually been no findings.  There was not any evidence to substantiate the claims for a court case.  The player then filed a civil action and named 4 people that suit.  In all accounts he has grown became a better person. 
micah graduated with a 3.5 GPA in just over 3 years from Penn State. But all accounts been a stellar teammate and there is no denying his athletic ability.  

My 1st Round Mock:

1. Jacksonville - Lawrence

2. NYJ - Wilson

3. San Francisco - Jones

4. Atlanta - Pitts

5. Cincy - Ja'Marr Chase

6. Miami - Penei Sewell

5/6 may be swapped, but I get the sense that those two will be the picks in those spots.

7.  Detroit - Rashawn Slater

8. Carolina - Justin Fields (I'm not doing trades here, but I'm projecting Fields to go 8th overall. Not necessarily to Carolina)

9. Denver - Trey Lance

10. Dallas - Micah Parsons

11. NYG - Jaylen Waddle

12. Philly - Patrick Surtain

13. LAC - Christian Darrisaw (assuming core injury is no biggie)

14. Minnesota - Jaycee Horn

15. NE - DeVonta Smith

16. Arizona - Najee Harris

17. Vegas - JOK

18. Miami - Elijah Moore or Travis Etienne (I cheated and picked two here)

19. WFT - Trevon Moehrig

20. Chicago - Alijah Vera-Tucker

21. Indy - Teven Jenkins

22. Tennessee - Carlos Basham

23. NYJ - Caleb Farley

24. Pittsburgh - Travis Etienne (Miami obviously went Moore here)

25. Jacksonville - Rondale Moore

26. Cleveland - Jamin Davis

27. Baltimore - Jevon Holland

28. New Orleans - Christian Barmore

29. Green Bay - Kadarius Toney

30. Buffalo - Greg Newsome

31. Kansas City - Zaven Collins

32. Tampa Bay - Alex Leatherwood

Mock Drafts are stupid. One thing goes wrong early and the whole damn thing is broken :ols:

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Id be very disappointed with another G. 

Im hoping for a "playmaker", someone who makes an impact!

Though the conservative side of me says "just take the tackle and be happy and hope to find McClaurin's twin later in the draft.".  lol

6 minutes ago, WEARE1554 said:

It appears I have different views on Parsons than most of you-probably since I am a Penn State fan.  I’ll try to give you a different perspective. He was admittedly immature as an early teen. How many on the board wasn’t that way at the same time.  The Stuff that allegedly happened at Penn State has continually been no findings.  There was not any evidence to substantiate the claims for a court case.  The player then filed a civil action and named 4 people that suit.  In all accounts he has grown became a better person. 
micah graduated with a 3.5 GPA in just over 3 years from Penn State. But all accounts been a stellar teammate and there is no denying his athletic ability.  

I can see him going to Dallas and being a pain in the WFT ass for years to come.

1 hour ago, Panninho said:

I don't really get the love fest for Parsons I have seen recently. Yeah he is an athletic freak and yeah our LB corps sucks but I just don't see him as the second coming of Luke Kuechly.

I'm of the opinion that Micah Parson's is the prototype LB defensive coaches cake their pants for. 

10 minutes ago, WEARE1554 said:

Sorry. I don’t know enough either way to hope he falls to us. If he does and it appears we did our homework and what you say is true I would back the move. Excellent player.

But I will be skeptical. Not damning. I don’t know either way. He could be totally innocent or extremely guilty. 

More Keim

Made a reference to Pete Werner in the 2nd when talking about not forcing a pick at QB.

He knows they want another QB but they aren't going to take a guy to take a guy.  He mentioned they have interest in Mills or Trask but won't push it -- depends on the board at the time.

Sheehan asked him for a wildcard -- he said they can come out of this with Justin Fields even though he doesn't think its very likely

He said the challenge for them is they are preparing for so many scenarios making what they do and others unpredictable tonight.  

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim just now on Sheehan's show.    He knows they dig Fields, he's in play but they don't want to give up a lot for him.  they think he has a chance he falls close to their pick.

They like:

Koramoah

Moehrig -- more in a trade down but won't rule it out at 19 

Fields

Vera-Tucker

Darrisaw

Fowler did say they are looking to trade into the top 10 so 🤷‍♀️

Keim on with Sheehan now.  I missed some of the first part but...

He thinks it's unlikely they get a QB in the 1st but in a trade up it would be for Fields

Teams don't want to give up next years picks because it's projected to be deep in talent

Reiterated T, LB, maybe S with 1st

Would want to trade back if it's Vera Tucker

Thinks raiders might take a LB they like

They prefer a QB in the 3rd (Trask or Mills) but they are likely gone by then and won't force it

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Me, too.  Apparently the Vikings love him so I am hoping that's where he goes.

Sheehan describing the type of receivers they want surprised me.   I heard previously they want a big receiver.  His description of a receiver they are looking for fit Elijah Moore (probably my guy more than any player in this draft) and then he actually said Elijah Moore.  So that was cool for me to hear.   But now i am scrambiling to think of other receivers who are sort or like that later in the draft.    Schwartz (but he's not polished), Darden, Shi Smith, Dyami Brown?

I think I'd be surprised at only drafting 1 WR. Other than Tmac and Curtis we have nothing. Maybe they're seeing something in Cam Sims. 

I can definitely see trying to land another Samuels/Gibson type weapon though. I'd like to see a shot at a pure burner too.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Made a reference to Pete Werner in the 2nd when talking about not forcing a pick at QB.

He knows they want another QB but they aren't going to take a guy to take a guy. 

These two make me say, thank goodness!!!

5 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

Fowler did say they are looking to trade into the top 10 so 🤷‍♀️

Like you, I am hopping it happens but i don't want to jinx it by thinking about it too much.  I hate all the noise about NE digging him.  NE has the higher pick and has plenty of draft capital. 

Feels to me that the WFT will make a play for Fields but have a limit on their price -- won't offer a big bounty.  Will see. 

18 minutes ago, WEARE1554 said:

I don’t know all the facts of his issues in the past - the HS incident, or the bullying stuff in college. However. I would encourage you to read the transcript of his pro day press conference in which he addresses his past issues. I deal with liars in my profession, and his answers are classic deflection and minimization. It’s the worst “apology” I’ve seen in a while and he should have just not answered the question if he was going to respond that way. He’s a huge risk IMO.

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I think I'd be surprised at only drafting 1 WR. Other than Tmac and Curtis we have nothing. Maybe they're seeing something in Cam Sims. 

I can definitely see trying to land another Samuels/Gibson type weapon though. I'd like to see a shot at a pure burner too.

There are a lot of burners in this draft so I am not disagreeing with that philospohy.  But heard in another take they want a big outside WR.    But maybe that's wrong or you are right and they are in the hunt for 2.

Eskridge and Shi Smith both looked great to me in the Senior Bowl but I haven't done a deep dive on either.  I'll try to do that today.   I love the two receivers he mentioned Elijah Moore and Rondale.  I am more of an Elijah guy but both I think are potential stars.  Judging by mocks, Elijah will be gone in the first today.   Some say he's leapfrogged Bateman with teams as their #4 WR.  But Rondale might be there at 51.

1 minute ago, Anselmheifer said:

If the Falcons would consider trading Julio, doesn’t that make it look more like a soft reset/rebuild? If that’s the case, I’d think they’d consider a QB. 

Glazer said they aren’t trading him right now 

Also I’m not buying that they wouldn’t trade up/take Lance since Mayhew did extensive work on him and Lance himself said he felt Washington was amongst the highest on him

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I get the vibe that Keim's hesitation about them landing Fields is he thinks they firmly won't give up a ton to get him. 

As others have mentioned.  A 1/3/1 a 1st and 3rd this year and a 1st next season.  It would take our 1st next season to do it.  Maybe a trade of Scherff to the Lions if Scherff would do a LTD with them if they would want an upgrade at OG.  

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

More Keim

He knows they want another QB but they aren't going to take a guy to take a guy.  He mentioned they have interest in Mills or Trask but won't push it -- depends on the board at the time.

Sheehan asked him for a wildcard -- he said they can come out of this with Justin Fields even though he doesn't think its very likely

He said the challenge for them is they are preparing for so many scenarios making what they do and others unpredictable tonight.  

Keim has been telegraphing Werner for a while. Second time he has brought him up. He has also kept saying they like backers in the 2nd and 3rd round

I don’t know if Werner makes it to #51. I think teams have a higher grade than the media types do. Three down linebackers who can play the run and pass are a valuable commodity. Just look at this past year’s FA class, which was devoid of them

I know lots of reports out there about us trading up but, I’m pretty sure every team in every round looks into moving up if within reason. So these reports don’t mean much really. Not saying it won’t happen.

Archived