Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

2 hours ago, Chris 44 said:

I should have let WFT use my house for free. I'd even provide the beverages if they let me make the 1st phone call to our 1st round pick

Synder: Haskins

Team (begrudgingly): Haskins

Chris 44 on the phone: We want Sweat!

I'm sold.

Pick

Washington Football Team

Washington Football Team

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

Notre Dame · LB

Washington still has major needs on the offensive line, even after trading for Ereck Flowers this week. However, head coach Ron Rivera has a track record of taking athletic linebackers in the first round (Luke Kuechly, Shaq Thompson). Owusu-Koramoah's speed and intelligence will be highly coveted.

Pick

Chicago Bears

Chicago Bears

Greg Newsome II

Northwestern · CB

The Bears could use offensive line help, but they also need to fill the void left by Kyle Fuller. GM Ryan Pace doesn't have to travel far to find Newsome, who fits the bill.

Pick

Indianapolis Colts

Indianapolis Colts

Joe Tryon

Washington · Edge

I could see the Colts trading down before selecting an offensive lineman or pass rusher. Tryon has all the traits teams look for in an edge defender.

Pick

Tennessee Titans

Tennessee Titans

Elijah Moore

Mississippi · WR

This could be a spot for a cornerback, but after losing Corey Davis and Jonnu Smith this offseason, the Titans need another weapon. Former Ole Miss stars Moore and A.J. Brown reunite in Tennessee.

Pick

New York Jets

New York Jets

Travis Etienne

Clemson · RB

The Jets could go in a number of directions here. Trading up for an offensive lineman or trading down for a cornerback would make sense. If they stay put, Etienne would be a perfect fit for the outside-zone run game they employ.

Pick

Pittsburgh Steelers

Pittsburgh Steelers

Teven Jenkins

Oklahoma State · OT

There's a lot of buzz about Najee Harris going to the Steelers, but Pittsburgh opts to fill a hole on the front five before finding a running back to help an offense that ranked last in rushing in 2020.

Pick

Jacksonville Jaguars

Jacksonville Jaguars

Christian Darrisaw

Virginia Tech · OT

We always have some surprise matches in the first round, and this could be one of them. With Cam Robinson receiving the franchise tag, Darrisaw can be the left tackle of the future or perhaps even the present. This pick could free up Jacksonville to trade Robinson.

Pick

Cleveland Browns

Cleveland Browns

Jamin Davis

Kentucky · LB

The Browns need more speed and athleticism at linebacker. Davis provides both.

Pick

Baltimore Ravens

Baltimore Ravens

Jayson Oweh

Penn State · Edge

Oweh wasn't highly productive last season (zero sacks), but he was highly disruptive. He's a freakish athlete, and Ravens defensive coordinator Don "Wink" Martindale is an expert at finding favorable matchups for his players.

Pick

New Orleans Saints

New Orleans Saints

Tyson Campbell

Georgia · CB

New Orleans has a huge need at corner. Campbell is still a little bit raw, but his physical tools are enticing. 

Pick

Green Bay Packers

Green Bay Packers

Dillon Radunz

North Dakota State · OT

If Elijah Moore were to fall, I think the Packers would take him, even though it's been 19 years since they picked a wide receiver in Round 1 (Javon Walker, 2002). With Moore off the board in this scenario, Green Bay finds a fit on the offensive line in Radunz, who is one of the most underrated players in the draft. He is very similar to David Bakhtiari from a size and athletic testing perspective.

Pick

Buffalo Bills

Buffalo Bills

Asante Samuel Jr.

Florida State · CB

Bills head coach Sean McDermott looks to recreate the kind of success he had coaching Samuel's father. Samuel Sr. had 16 interceptions with the Eagles from 2009 to 2010, the most in the NFL in that span (and five more than any other player) when McDermott was Philadelphia's defensive coordinator.

Pick

Baltimore Ravens

Baltimore Ravens

Liam Eichenberg

Notre Dame · OT

The Ravens need a right tackle to replace Orlando Brown. Eichenberg pairs with Ronnie Stanley to give Baltimore a pair of Notre Dame bookends.

Pick

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Najee Harris

Alabama · RB

Tampa Bay can afford to simply take the best player available. With Giovani Bernard, Leonard Fournette and Ronald Jones due to become free agents in 2022, the Bucs find a long-term answer at RB in Harris.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

All you Field's fans it looks better for Fields to WFT than it did 24 hours ago.  Bridgewater to Broncos.  N.E. trying to redo contract and get Jimmy back.  

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Last year, at this very time, we were Yearning for Young.

And we did indeed find the Fountain of Youth at DE.

This year, could we field ourselves a QB in the first round ?

Let's see we have McLaurin and Samuels as WRs.  We have Young who is the D captain of the team.  Hmmmmmm.  A QB that is highly rated from Ohio State.  Could be.  Not being sarcastic but it sure seems like movement has shifted to DC.  Just saying and I'm still JOKing for JOK.

1 hour ago, JoggingGod said:

Picking a RB round one is something you never do unless it’s a McCaffery level prospect, which Harris isn’t.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Its impressive how much you know for sure about all these players. You should have a hotline or something. 

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

He’s still trying to get Rivera fired. Hotline coming soon.

PicsArt_04-28-08.34.21.jpg

34 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I’ll ask the board again, anyone planning to go to MGM tomorrow for the draft party?

I’ll be eating wings and raining twenties at Magic City in Atlanta with Dwayne “Simba” Haskins and the Haskinettes at his annual, by invitation only (no cell phones or cameras allowed), draft day party.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

giphy.gif

NE deal for JG goes down I think all you Fields' fans can shoot the moon, man.  Wow how things could change.  SIP, get me to feeling better about Fields because I'm really starting to believe this thing is going to go down!

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

NE deal for JG goes down I think all you Fields' fans can shoot the moon, man.  Wow how things could change.  SIP, get me to feeling better about Fields because I'm really starting to believe this thing is going to go down!

I don't have a strong feeling that they are trading up for Fields.  And i don't want to get my hopes up or jinx it by getting deep into discussion about Fields.  

So in short:

A. He is a freak.  Can make all the throws and has 4.4 speed.   

B.  Super nice guy.  

C.  Tough-gamer.

Archived