Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

The Broncos are not aggressive with QBs in the draft.  I could definitely see them passing on Lance or Fields.

I still don't think NE takes one either, but have nothing to base that on other than Belichick is too old to want to rebuild and properly develop a young QB.  I think they'll try and get Garoppolo.

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I live in Hampton Roads and my family has long roots in Hampton/Newport News so it's kind of cool to think about getting a hard-nosed kid from the area.  I pull for them a little bit more than most.  The kids who make it to the pro leagues from there are tough and super athletic.  Allen Iverson was a football/bball star from Bethel too.

There is a good history of strong NFL talent from down here in the 757 and Hampton Roads area. 

Chris Hanburger was a Hampton Crabber.

Bruce Smith

Lawrence Taylor

Williams Fuller

Dwight Stephenson

Michael Vick

Dre Bly, Mike Tomlin, Deangelo Hall, Plaxico, Norm Snead, Kam Chancellor to name a few

:229:The Rook

8 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The Broncos are not aggressive with QBs in the draft.  I could definitely see them passing on Lance or Fields.

I still don't think NE takes one either, but have nothing to base that on other than Belichick is too old to want to rebuild and properly develop a young QB.  I think they'll try and get Garoppolo.

Interesting read. I do think the Garoppollo thing makes a lot of sense if he gets cut or restructures his deal in a trade. I wonder if the Pats would be more willing to go QB in Round 2 since it's slightly lower risk. Bill will have to "invest" in developing one either way, and there's slightly less pressure on getting it right in the 2nd. But Bill doesn't strike me as someone who would shirk from trying to get the guy if he thought he could be the right fit.

I know someone will trade up for a QB and there's a very real chance that maybe Justin Fields does end up falling down the draft boards ...

If Carolina or Detroit opt not to go QB, and Denver also passes and nobody trades out with New England ... where do these QBs go?

1. Lawrence

2. Wilson

3. Jones

4. Pitts

5. Sewell

6. Chase

7. Smith

8. Slater

9. Parsons

10. Horn

11. Paye

12. Surtain

13. Darrisaw

14. AVT

15. Fields / Lance

If One of Fields/Lance is there at 16 how are we not jumping up to prevent the Bears from moving ahead of us? I mean clearly someone HAS to trade up higher for a QB, right? But in the event that teams just opt to take the safe player at their position rather than trade back and accumulate picks (there are always fewer trades than expected) ... these guys have to slide right?

@ConnSKINS26 Allbright mocked Slater to Denver today.

21 minutes ago, PlayAction said:

You would have freaked out when the draft was 12 + rounds.  The 7th round only seems irrelevant because you no longer have an additional 5 -12 rounds coming after.  

In the real old days (and I'm just an X'er), the draft was up to 20+ rounds.  You gotta remember that football was a seasonal job and these guys were working the rest of the year, so teams would draft an entire construction crew to find one guy.

6 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'd love to trade back with the Saints and pick up another 2nd. Moehrig, Samuel, Davis, William's, Brevin, Tremble

Was listening to Sheehan's podcast with Standig.

Standig thinks they might have a good opportunity to trade back.  Sees Moehrig as a target in a trade back.  They ran a mock and Standig took Jamin Davis at 19.  Koramoah was gone at 19.  Standig seems to think they'd take Darrisaw or Koramoah if they fall to 19 but if neither one is there they might try to trade back.

He thinks the Raiders are in the way of WFT on both Koramoah and Darrisaw.  So if Darrisaw is still there at 17, Koramoah likely falls.  But if Darrisaw is gone, the Raiders might go Koramoah.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Was listening to Sheehan's podcast with Standig.

Standig thinks they might have a good opportunity to trade back.  Sees Moehrig as a target in a trade back.  They ran a mock and Standig took Jamin Davis at 19.  Koramoah was gone at 19.  Standig seems to think they'd take Darrisaw or Koramoah if they fall to 19 but if neither one is there they might try to trade back.

He thinks the Raiders are in the way of WFT on both Koramoah and Darrisaw.  So if Darrisaw is still there at 17, Koramoah likely falls.  But if Darrisaw is gone, the Raiders might go Koramoah.

That would make the Cardinals at 16 a good trade up target. They have no 3rd or 4th so we could maybe offer them our 4th to move up 3 spots to secure Darrisaw or JOK.

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

That would make the Cardinals at 16 a good trade up target. They have no 3rd or 4th so we could maybe offer them our 4th to move up 3 spots to secure Darrisaw or JOK.

IF I move up, I'm doing it for JOK.  With the injury report put out on Darrisaw, I'd move JOK ahead of him and get Radunz at #51.  

15 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Interesting read. I do think the Garoppollo thing makes a lot of sense if he gets cut or restructures his deal in a trade. I wonder if the Pats would be more willing to go QB in Round 2 since it's slightly lower risk. Bill will have to "invest" in developing one either way, and there's slightly less pressure on getting it right in the 2nd. But Bill doesn't strike me as someone who would shirk from trying to get the guy if he thought he could be the right fit.

I know someone will trade up for a QB and there's a very real chance that maybe Justin Fields does end up falling down the draft boards ...

If Carolina or Detroit opt not to go QB, and Denver also passes and nobody trades out with New England ... where do these QBs go?

1. Lawrence

2. Wilson

3. Jones

4. Pitts

5. Sewell

6. Chase

7. Smith

8. Slater

9. Parsons

10. Horn

11. Paye

12. Surtain

13. Darrisaw

14. AVT

15. Fields / Lance

If One of Fields/Lance is there at 16 how are we not jumping up to prevent the Bears from moving ahead of us? I mean clearly someone HAS to trade up higher for a QB, right? But in the event that teams just opt to take the safe player at their position rather than trade back and accumulate picks (there are always fewer trades than expected) ... these guys have to slide right?

@ConnSKINS26 Allbright mocked Slater to Denver today.

Black Widow Avengers GIF

12 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

If Lance & Fields are both available (assuming Denver passes), the best we could do is trade up to 13 because the NFC East isn't trading with us.  

The Bears are the wildcard. I am working on a final mock draft and currently have:

1: JAX - Lawrence, QB Clemson

2: NYJ - Wilson, QB BYU

3: SF - Jones, QB Alabama

4: ATL - Pitts, TE Florida

5: CIN- Chase, WR LSU

6: MIA - Smith, WR Alabama

7: LAC - Sewell, OT Oregon (LAC sends 1/2 for 1)

8: PHI - Waddle, WR Alabama (PHI sends 1/2 for 1)

9: DEN - Slater, OT Northwestern

10: DAL - Horn, CB South Carolina

11: NYG - Paye, DE Michigan

12: CAR - Surtain, CB Alabama

13: WAS - Fields, QB OSU (WFT sends 1/3 and future 3)

14: MIN - Vera-Tucker, G USC

15: NE - Lance, QB NDSU

16. ARI - Parsons, LB PSU

17. LV - Jenkins, OT Oklahoma State

18. MIA - Slater, OT Virginia Tech

19. DET - Moore, WR Ole Miss

Bears could trade up. And they should. But if they "get cute" or can't find someone willing to trade off and go down to 20 ... and Fields/Lance are there at 1 ... DET won't trade with a division rival, and neither will MIN ... so QB goes 13, 15 and CHI misses out (would be hilarious, their fan base would go nuts)

25 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

If Lance & Fields are both available (assuming Denver passes), the best we could do is trade up to 13 because the NFC East isn't trading with us.  

I think we can trade up with Detroit at 7. I'm assuming Carolina already has a deal with New England for 8 if Fields is there(I can't see Bellicheck wanting Lance).

So who would be the most boring pick for us to grab? I think for me and what I've been seeing, it has to be Teven Jenkins. There is zero excitement about that pick for me, he doesn't seem like a standout to me at all. Actually the top of this entire OL is pretty overrated IMO, it's nothing compared to last years crop at the top. 

3 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

So who would be the most boring pick for us to grab? I think for me and what I've been seeing, it has to be Teven Jenkins. There is zero excitement about that pick for me, he doesn't seem like a standout to me at all. Actually the top of this entire OL is pretty overrated IMO, it's nothing compared to last years crop at the top. 

The guys who excite me: any of the blue chippers who might fall, Darrisaw, Parsons, and JOK(even though I don't like that pick he is an exciting prospect). Just about everyone else at 19 would be "meh." But if we trade down, that wouldn't be as bad. Personally I'd rather trade up for a blue chipper that falls though and i think one or two will because of the run on QBs.

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I think we can trade up with Detroit at 7. I'm assuming Carolina already has a deal with New England for 8 if Fields is there(I can't see Bellicheck wanting Lance).

I also think we’d get to 7 with the Lions. I can see them wanting to stockpile even more future picks in addition to the ones they’ve already accumulated.

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I also think we’d get to 7 with the Lions. I can see them wanting to stockpile even more future picks in addition to the ones they’ve already accumulated.

Remember we offered them a 1 and 3 for Stafford but they turned it down to get 2 future 1s and Goff from the Rams. They might be thinking, hey lets throw these guys a bone and run that same trade back while also screwing over our division rival AND potentially screw over the Patriots(Patricia is back there so you know the Lions ownership would love to screw em). It sounds crazy but so much of doing business comes down to relationships.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Remember we offered them a 1 and 3 for Stafford but they turned it down to get 2 future 1s and Goff from the Rams. They might be thinking, hey lets throw these guys a bone and run that same trade back while also screwing over our division rival AND potentially screw over the Patriots(Patricia is back there so you know the Lions ownership would love to screw em). It sounds crazy but so much of doing business comes down to relationships.

If NE is interested (in Fields), they'd rather with them.  They move down to 15 (vs 19) and get Fields to the AFC.  They traded Stafford to LA because he wanted to go there and they did him a solid.

14 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The guys who excite me: any of the blue chippers who might fall, Darrisaw, Parsons, and JOK(even though I don't like that pick he is an exciting prospect). Just about everyone else at 19 would be "meh." But if we trade down, that wouldn't be as bad. Personally I'd rather trade up for a blue chipper that falls though and i think one or two will because of the run on QBs.

Those would be good picks to me. I also like Farley at 19. Trade-back scenarios I like Greg Newsome, Jamin Davis, Kadarius Toney, and Alex Leatherwood. Moehrig still seems to have high variance on where he goes at this stage, he's still mocked anywhere between picks 17-34. Walter Football has him falling in the 2nd and they are one of the more accurate mockers this late into the pre-draft stage, so I'm not sure if I take him at 19 or trade back for him honestly lol. I definitely prefer to stay put and take the better talent. 

6 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Hypothetical:

49ers take Jones.

Lets say the Falcons trade down with the Broncos who take either Fields or Lance.

Bengals take Chase and Dolphins take Sewell.

We can trade up with the Lions, offering 19, our higher 3rd, and next year's 1st. Both Pitts and whoever is left between Fields or Lance(lets assume you evaluate them both the same)are available. Who do you take?

I know we want a franchise QB but man Pitts would put our offensive skill talent amongst the best in the league. Would make attracting a disgruntled vet like Rodgers or Wilson next year VERY appealing. 

I think you have to go with the QB, but Pitts is a WR on steroids and an utter freak of nature.  He looks like a total game changer for someone's offense.

Archived