Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

3 minutes ago, method man said:

Are you talking about Rex? Remember Bushman missed the whole year. The "NFL WR" Milne is a Day 3 pick

Milne, Christiansen, Herring is still much more NFL talent on the field than their group of five heavy schedule can match.  Especially since most of those guys are 24 year old seniors.

Ditto for Lance, who played with two NFL prospect OLs too.  There are surrounding talent discrepancies with all of the QB prospects except maybe Mills.

For me as for the TEs.  I've watched some more since I did my initial ranking but really didn't change anything outside of elevating McKitty over Granson.  It's hard for me to seperate the guys in the third and 4th tier.  To my eyes they are very close. 

Tier 1:  Pitts

Tier 2:  Freiermuth, Tremble, Jordan

Tier 2A:  Long

Tier 3: Yebolah, B. Moore, Mckitty, 

Tier 3A:  Granson

Tier 4:  Bushman, Bates, Gray

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 11.38.05 AM.png

22 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Sounds like Micah Parsons might fall to the middle of the first round.   I know there is an off the field issue but I also know Riverboat Ron likes linebackers.

If he passes the character test he's my go to. I wouldn't mind giving up one of our 3rds to move up to secure him if he falls to like 13 ish. Parsons is a dog and would fit perfectly in our locker room. He and Young can be a championship duo on D for the next decade.

16 minutes ago, RWJ said:

How big of an issue I wonder would this be?  I know your not a doctor but I wonder.  

Don't know.  I notice a lot of variance of late from mock drafters.  Some saying no way he lasts to 19 and some saying he will make it to 19 with no problem.  ditto Tevin Jenkins. 

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

We are trading to #7 for a QB, or Penei Sewell. Maybe Pitts. And you'd better not give up anything in terms of future capital either, because you'll need that for a QB someday.

If Detroit takes 19, 51 and Scherff so that we can go to 7 and draft Sewell, I'm all in.

If Detroit takes 19, 74 and a 2022 1st so we can go get Trey Lance or Justin Fields, I'm all in.

If Detroit takes 19, 74 and a 2022 1st so we can go get Penei Sewell, I'll love the addition, but struggle with the picks given up (and position likely passed on) to make it happen.

I'm betting it's Parsons we'd go up for.

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don’t know that we can afford to draft a guy who just had core surgery. But it depends on what the procedure was I’d guess.

Im not even sure it will affect his draft stock that much. Nick Bosa went 2 overall after a core surgery. 

If it makes Darrisaw drop to us then it might actually be a gift. 

Also, the interior OL looks so good right now. Add in a LT that’s a good run blocker and I think we could really stand to upgrade the RB position and beat opponents into submission. 

Parsons is still very much in my “do not draft” category. Furthest I’ll go is to say he is a good talent and if they have info about him that suggests he isn’t a problem then I’ll trust that.

But there is zero chance I can sit here, knowing what WE know and advocate taking him.

Allbright's mock has:

- Lance at 3

- Chargers trading with Detroit for Sewell - Detroit takes Parsons at 13

- Pats trade with Carolina for Fields - Carolina takes Darrisaw at 15

- Broncos take OT Slater at 9

- Boys take Surtain

- Giants take Paye at 11

- Eagles take Horn at 12

- WFT takes Jamin Davis at 19 ... Mac Jones on the board and goes one pick later to Bears at 20

1 minute ago, Anselmheifer said:

Im not even sure it will affect his draft stock that much. Nick Bosa went 2 overall after a core surgery. 

If it makes Darrisaw drop to us then it might actually be a gift. 

Also, the interior OL looks so good right now. Add in a LT that’s a good run blocker and I think we could really stand to upgrade the RB position and beat opponents into submission. 

Bosa missed the entire season he required core surgery for recovery. 

He missed his senior season in essence, played his rookie year and missed his second season. Has played one season of ball the last three years. 

Not a ringing endorsement for drafting an injured player.

4 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Don't 'want to spend draft capital on a beaten down WR at the end of his career.

18 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Bosa missed the entire season he required core surgery for recovery. 

He missed his senior season in essence, played his rookie year and missed his second season. Has played one season of ball the last three years. 

Not a ringing endorsement for drafting an injured player.

Man, this makes me take BIG pause on Darrisaw now.  I'd go JOK, then LT.  

55 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Caleb Farley tested positive for Covid today. Wont attend the draft. Which is probably a good thing for him. He is going to fall like a brick. 

Saying he is “asymptomatic.”

Makes me wonder if he was positive or if his agent saw the writing on the wall and doesn’t want him sitting there while he falls. 

a perfect draft doesn't exis........oh wait

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mockDraft/EwCwgUaOHq

Sitting at 19 Tampa came calling and offered me 32 and 64. I countered with 19 and 246 for 32, 64 and 137. They accepted and took Kwity Paye

I then took Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah at 32

I was on the clock at 51 and KC offered 58 and 63 for 51 and 124. I accepted and they took Rondale Moore

I drafted Jalen Mayfield at 58 and Tylan Wallace at 63

Traded 163 and 244 to go up to 139

32 JOK

58 Jalen Mayfield

63 Tylan Wallace

64 Jevon Holland

74 Tommy Tremble

82 Pete Werner

137 Shaun Wade (really think he will be a steal in this draft, bad season being out of position and covid. Was arguably most impacful player on field in 19 OSU-Clemson game)

139 Trey Smith

knocked out LB x2, OT, WR, S, TE, slot CB and RG of the future to replace Scherff

I think Leatherwood is the tackle we’d like to get hold of. I personally like Alaric Jackson still as a later round option.

Moving Scherff for draft picks really would open things up for us. Give me a 2 and 3or4. Use a future first to trade up. Let’s get after it big time.

12 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Kellen Mond meets virtually all of Bill Parcell's criteria ; Parcells' checklist for what to look for in a college quarterback in order to be draft-worthy was :

A 3-year starter - CHECK

Graduating senior  - CHECK

A “winner” with at least 23 wins (out of at least 30 starts). -  CHECK (Won 30, Lost 12)

A 2:1 TD to INT ratio - CHECK ( 71 TD's, 27 INT's)

At least 60% completion AAALMOST CHECK - 59%...(but his Passer Rating was 132)

Keep in mind, everything above include all his starts, even as a Freshman.

Could we land him in the 2nd ?

Only if other teams don't rate him as high.

I called Collins to LB about four months ago. Now word is out team is essentially making him move. 

Based on this move and the trade for Flowers, I think the team is prepping to move up for a QB in the draft realizing it won’t have as many picks to fill these holes. 

If it doesn’t shake out I see the team going BPA between OT/LB if stuck at 19.  Then similar at 51. 

If QB I see a MLB with second pick. My choice is Cox. 

Lance, Fields, or Jones at QB behind Fitz with Collins/Cox/Holcomb at LB. 

Archived