Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

10 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

Even if the FO sees S. Charles elevating to starting LT, I'm hoping we take a tackle in the 2nd or 3rd round. Lucas is in the final year of his contract, and Moses is signed through 2022. Thankfully, we'd be in the position where we can look to the future with our drafts picks.

More so in the 2nd. 

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

It sounds like Pitts is the one they really want to move up for to me.  That's just my take on the tea leaves.

Maybe. Still a lot of draft capital to give up for a TE. Even if he can play WR. I get that he's a freak on offense and I would love to have him. Just wonder if it would be worth investing that much in a position player when you don't have a long term answer at QB.

I have to say this is probably the most excited I’ve ever been for the draft. Seems like there are endless possibilities with how things could play out. I bet we see some significant trades, possibly from teams nobody is expecting. QB class is absolutely stacked, best we’ve seen in years (Fields projected to be taken after pick 5 is insane, most years he’d be a lock for top 1-2). Tomorrow should be a ton of fun. 

1 minute ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

I have to say this is probably the most excited I’ve ever been for the draft. Seems like there are endless possibilities with how things could play out. I bet we see some significant trades, possibly from teams nobody is expecting. QB class is absolutely stacked, best we’ve seen in years (Fields projected to be taken after pick 5 is insane, most years he’d be a lock for top 1-2). Tomorrow should be a ton of fun. 

Or a ton of agony. :)

6 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Maybe. Still a lot of draft capital to give up for a TE. Even if he can play WR. I get that he's a freak on offense and I would love to have him. Just wonder if it would be worth investing that much in a position player when you don't have a long term answer at QB.

Can't see Pitts being a real option unless the following scenario occurs:

1) Atlanta goes QB or OT

2) Cincy goes Chase/OT despite the fact Pitts is on the board (I think they'd go Pitts if he's there to be honest)

3) Miami decides they'd rather have the remaining OT or Chase over Pitts (again, I don't know that this happens)

Then we trade with Detroit to snag Pitts. Because Pitts ain't getting beyond them in that case.

There's too many needs to make this happen.

Moving up to 4 for him would be colossally stupid despite his talent and I'd be frustrated as hell. 

Here's a thought.

2022 1st, pick #74, Brandon Scherff to Detroit for #7.

Pick #19, #51 and 2022 2nd to Carolina for #8.

1.7: Penei Sewell, OT Oregon

1.8: Justin Fields, QB Ohio State

3.82: Brevin Jordan, TE Miami

4.124: Monty Rice, LB Georgia

5.163: Shaun Wade, CB/FS Ohio State

A guy can dream, right?

#19, #51, #74, 2022 1st and 2022 2nd for Sewell and Fields. Would anyone say no here?

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Here's a thought.

2022 1st, pick #74, Brandon Scherff to Detroit for #7.

Pick #19, #51 and 2022 2nd to Carolina for #8.

1.7: Penei Sewell, OT Oregon

1.8: Justin Fields, QB Ohio State

3.82: Brevin Jordan, TE Miami

4.124: Monty Rice, LB Georgia

5.163: Shaun Wade, CB/FS Ohio State

A guy can dream, right?

I like this dream. It IS a dream. But it doesn't stop me from loving it :ols:

Been watching some film on Matt Bushman this morning. Starting to move up some draft boards from what I hear. Interesting TE prospect. Good speed, great hands, HUGE. Has the frame to get even bigger. Willing blocker. But struggles to sustain.  Will need a ton of work to get better at it. Especially inline.  Worth a mid to late round flyer IMO:

By the way Wilson was absolutely mauled in this game. His improvement from 2019 to 2020 is something else. 

12 hours ago, The Rook said:

AP had a punishing stiff arm, shove-you-out-of-my-GD-way pile driving attack of running that few RB's have shown at that level - Brown, Campbell.

Harris reminds me of someone, but I haven't put my finger on it yet.  But not AP.  

Again, I think Harris is really good.

I always saw Peterson as the second coming of Eric Dickerson.  Upright, galloping horse of a runner.  Najee is more of a shifty big guy than a fast one like Dickerson/Peterson as he just doesn't have their explosive breakaway speed.  Najee's closest comp is LeVeon Bell to me.  I think he's a LeVeon clone and LeVeon's Michigan St highlights could be interchanged with Najee's and you wouldn't notice a difference in style.

34 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Both of them scare me.  Waddle is an elite deep threat who can run by your dbs and jump over top of them.  His leaping ability and body control are special for a fast little guy.

I hope they take Parsons or one of the corners instead.

Yeah.  Ideally, they draft for need and take Paye.

10 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

By the way Wilson was absolutely mauled in this game. His improvement from 2019 to 2020 is something else. 

Yep.  The lightbulb really came on for him this year.  It looked almost a little too easy for himat times.  Like there is some big fish in small pond going on with him.  Especially when you break it down and start seeing BYU also had an NFL TE, WR and two OLs...

Hypothetical:

49ers take Jones.

Lets say the Falcons trade down with the Broncos who take either Fields or Lance.

Bengals take Chase and Dolphins take Sewell.

We can trade up with the Lions, offering 19, our higher 3rd, and next year's 1st. Both Pitts and whoever is left between Fields or Lance(lets assume you evaluate them both the same)are available. Who do you take?

I know we want a franchise QB but man Pitts would put our offensive skill talent amongst the best in the league. Would make attracting a disgruntled vet like Rodgers or Wilson next year VERY appealing. 

Caleb Farley tested positive for Covid today. Wont attend the draft. Which is probably a good thing for him. He is going to fall like a brick. 

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Hypothetical:

49ers take Jones.

Lets say the Falcons trade down with the Broncos who take either Fields or Lance.

We can trade up with the Lions, offering 19, our higher 3rd, and next year's 1st. Both Pitts and whoever is left between Fields or Lance(lets assume you evaluate them both the same)are available. Who do you take?

I know we want a franchise QB but man Pitts would put our offensive skill talent amongst the best in the league. Would make attracting a disgruntled vet like Rodgers or Wilson next year VERY appealing. 

Fields. Hands down for me. Pitts is a luxury item. And we have a capable player at the position. 

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Hypothetical:

49ers take Jones.

There is no justification for not taking the QB. You can't pass on that opportunity for the low chance that a veteran not only becomes available but wants to come here.

7 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Yep.  The lightbulb really came on for him this year.  It looked almost a little too easy for himat times.  Like there is some big fish in small pond going on with him.  Especially when you break it down and start seeing BYU also had an NFL TE, WR and two OLs...

Are you talking about Rex? Remember Bushman missed the whole year. The "NFL WR" Milne is a Day 3 pick

26 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Been watching some film on Matt Bushman this morning. Starting to move up some draft boards from what I hear. Interesting TE prospect. Good speed, great hands, HUGE. Has the frame to get even bigger. Willing blocker. But struggles to sustain.  Will need a ton of work to get better at it. Especially inline.  Worth a mid to late round flyer IMO:

We all want to look at prospects and imagine what they could do in the NFL. We want to imagine their ceiling, and we don't want to see their floors. But this ^ to me is not an NFL player. Very stiff and not quick. If his 40 time tested as fast, I definitely don't see it in this game. Hard pass.

2 minutes ago, Rolo Tomasie said:

We all want to look at prospects and imagine what they could do in the NFL. We want to imagine their ceiling, and we don't want to see their floors. But this ^ to me is not an NFL player. Very stiff and not quick. If his 40 time tested as fast, I definitely don't see it in this game. Hard pass.

Thats fair. He is a TE so stiffness and quickness isnt his game. His has good speed and great hands though. And as I said a late rounder for sure. 

2 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Sounds like Micah Parsons might fall to the middle of the first round.   I know there is an off the field issue but I also know Riverboat Ron likes linebackers.

The off field stuff scares me a bit after some of the knuckle heads we have had on this team (Guice, Haskins, Cravens...) but assume if that's one of their targets they have vetted him and feel good about him with this locker room.  If that is the case and he is the pick it immediately makes our Defense better.  Moving up a few spots for himwouldn't upset me. Getting him at 19 would be wonderful but not likely.

15 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Hypothetical:

49ers take Jones.

You never know with this stuff, but it certainly seems like it's about 90% that Atlanta takes Pitts, and nearly 100% that Pitts goes somewhere in slots 4-6. I don't see the possibility, in any universe, of him falling lower than 6. I suppose it could happen, but the consensus with seemingly everyone is that Pitts is the best player in the draft not names Trevor Lawrence. 

Archived