Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

DJ moved Darrisaw down to #38 on his top 150. Has Radunz and Jenkins rated above him now. I wonder what he is hearing around the league?

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-s-top-150-prospects-in-the-2021-nfl-draft-class

Apparently he was hurt and had surgery recently which is hurting his stock. But if it has no impact on his long term health then I don't think it would detract me too much. With that said, our track record with guys with health issues is...not great.

Just now, clskinsfan said:

DJ moved Darrisaw down to #38 on his top 150. Has Radunz and Jenkins rated above him now. I wonder what he is hearing around the league?

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-s-top-150-prospects-in-the-2021-nfl-draft-class

Thats a huge drop. Two weeks ago I was convinced we take Darrisaw at 19. Now I have absolutely no idea.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

That's cool.  You got a right to that opinion.   I like the player a lot but I don't want to burn a pick to get him.  

It's rational.  Not saying it's for everyone.  I don't want to mortgage the future for Fields.  JMO.  I thinks it's pricey and nuts but that's me.  Glad we all have different opinions on things.  Be a boring world if we didn't but for people to say (not you necessarily) that I am nuts.  I put forth the trade the NO did with us for Williams.  That's crazy.  :)

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Apparently he was hurt and had surgery recently which is hurting his stock. But if it has no impact on his long term health then I don't think it would detract me too much. With that said, our track record with guys with health issues is...not great.

Yep, that's why I moved JOK ahead of Darrisaw.  We've been burnt too many times.  I see it that way anyway.  Got to heal up from SnyderAllen. LOL. 

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Interesting.  I mentioned this early today I am noticing a lot of variance of late on Darrisaw depending on the mock drafter.  

46 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Farley at 19? No thanks. The guy is another back injury away from retirement. Or worse. He still has a numb toe. I am not touching him until well into the draft. 

“His is different,” the personnel director said. “Gronk had one surgery before he came out and Farley’s had two. He’s got multi-level injuries. When you get multi-level back surgeries, it’s two different spots where you have pressure being redistributed. That’s what makes his a little more risky. One, it’s multi-level and, two, it’s two before he’s played an NFL game and one is recent. He should be OK but you never know. He’s only rehabbing right now.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/scout-on-farley-youre-betting-on-probability

If Farley isn't selected by us, he will go a few picks after us. Clearly, it's a risk other teams in the NFL are considering. 

5 minutes ago, RWJ said:

It's rational.  Not saying it's for everyone.  I don't want to mortgage the future for Fields.  JMO.  I thinks it's pricey and nuts but that's me.  Glad we all have different opinions on things.  Be a boring world if we didn't but for people to say (not you necessarily) that I am nuts.  

I don't think a small trade up is nuts.  I personally wouldn't do it for JOK.  But i wouldn't flip out if they did.

Yeah personally I'd trade up for Fields but I don't get the feeling its going down.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't think a small trade up is nuts.  I personally wouldn't do it for JOK.  But i wouldn't flip out if they did.

Yeah personally I'd trade up for Fields but I don't get the feeling its going down.

I wouldn't be too sure.  Chase is with Fields via recent tweets that I saw.  Probably means nothing but it makes one take note.  We wait.  I could see RR outbid Bill though.  Carolina is the big wildcard, I think.  I think now that they've unloaded Bridgewater, Fields is on their radar.  

6 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

RWJ, you are just a good hearted guy/gal. (seriously)

No bunion draining tonight. It was totally tongue in cheek. 🤫

Thanks TWW.  God Bless.  :)

5 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

If Farley isn't selected by us, he will go a few picks after us. Clearly, it's a risk other teams in the NFL are considering. 

Let him go after us. Selecting injured players isn't exactly something this franchise has had luck with in recent years. I understand its a new regime and such... but I'd still shy away from a first round injured guy when we have a team that could be semi competitive this year and could use the first rounder on the field. 

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I wouldn't be too sure.  Chase is with Fields via recent tweets that I saw.  Probably means nothing but it makes one take note.  We wait.  I could see RR outbid Bill though.  Carolina is the big wildcard, I think.  I think now that they've unloaded Bridgewater, Fields is on their radar.  

That analysis makes no sense. 

If Carolina wanted Fields to replace Bridgewater, they would have waited and made sure they could get him before swapping late round picks in exchange for Bridgewater.  You wouldn't make the trade hoping you can then get Fields.

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Let him go after us. Selecting injured players isn't exactly something this franchise has had luck with in recent years. I understand its a new regime and such... but I'd still shy away from a first round injured guy when we have a team that could be semi competitive this year and could use the first rounder on the field. 

Love Darrisaw and he was my pick at #19 but I have to move him down now below JOK.  

1 minute ago, Master Blaster said:

If Carolina wanted Fields to replace Bridgewater, they would have waited and made sure they could get him before swapping late round picks in exchange for Bridgewater.  You wouldn't make the trade hoping you can then get Fields.

They just unloaded a ton of cap space too.

Just now, Master Blaster said:

I think Carolina/Denver may take him if he's there but won't move forward for him.

Which means Detroit is our target. But it's always had to be that way anyways in my opinion. So... Not sure it makes any difference to us. 

Just now, KDawg said:

I think Carolina/Denver may take him if he's there but won't move forward for him.

Which means Detroit is our target. But it's always had to be that way anyways in my opinion. So... Not sure it makes any difference to us. 

That was my point to Master Blaster.  

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I think it's worth a gamble depending on how the board falls. There's potential we could be staring into trade-back territory with no team that wants to trade up with us. At that point, I would take the risk regardless of our history with players with medical problems. I know about 95% of the board disagrees with me, and I'm cool with that, if he checks out medically, you trust your medical staff and draft him. 

17 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Payton Turner jumping up to #42 on his list is interesting.  Not a big need for WFT, but I was listening to some podcast the other day where they were saying some teams have fallen in love with him.  Jeremiah must be hearing the same thing.  

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Feels to me:

A.  Darrisaw

B. Koramoah

C. Jamin Davis

D. T. Moehrig

Standig mentioned in a podcast he doesn't think Jenkins would be in play with them.  He could end up wrong.  But I haven't heard yet of a Jenkins tie to them.  

I think they're in on Newsome and Farley too.

I have a weird feeling that they're going to do something shocking and pick either Eichenberg or Davis Mills at 19.  That will be a board meltdown before people start swiftly talking themselves into liking the pick.

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think the Patriots trading up is basically a done deal at this point, and they're gonna be taking Fields most likely. They have a deal in place with the Panthers already, which is why the Broncos went ahead and made this move, knowing their guy(Fields)won't drop to them and they weren't willing to move up to get him.

If we want Fields we have to trade with the Lions at 7. If we want Lance we might be able to wait a bit more and trade with the Broncos at 9, but that would be risky as the Broncos would also be willing to deal with the Bears(Lions won't deal with a division rival, so that would be our in).

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think they're in on Newsome and Farley too.

I have a weird feeling that they're going to do something shocking and pick either Eichenberg or Davis Mills at 19.  That will be a board meltdown before people start swiftly talking themselves into liking the pick.

I think Jamin Davis is the pick if we stay at 19 and nobody surprising falls. This staff/FO doesn't strike me as the shocking type.

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I think the Patriots trading up is basically a done deal at this point, and they're gonna be taking Fields most likely. They have a deal in place with the Panthers already, which is why the Broncos went ahead and made this move, knowing their guy(Fields)won't drop to them and they weren't willing to move up to get him.

If we want Fields we have to trade with the Lions at 7. If we want Lance we might be able to wait a bit more and trade with the Broncos at 9, but that would be risky as the Broncos would also be willing to deal with the Bears(Lions won't deal with a division rival, so that would be our in).

I think Jamin Davis is the pick if we stay at 19 and nobody surprising falls. This staff/FO doesn't strike me as the shocking type.

Is there a link that NE has a deal in place or pure speculation on your part, WH?

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

We're due for one of these head-scratcher moments IMO. I can't remember the last player we drafted that made us all mad at the pick. Maybe Scherff over Leonard Williams? 

I think there is little chance we move up. Itll be a bidding war trying to get a QB into the NFC from an NFC team. Cam and Fields makes sense. 

I don't think we'd go Davis at 19 with similar players like Werner, Barnes and Bolton who will be available at 51.

There is always a safety selected in the first and Moehrig is the clear #1 and it's a huge need for us.

I think Darrisaw is off the board in the first, along with Fairley and possibly Parsons.

I think Collins is still very much an option at 19.

So, unless someone like Smith falls, I think at 19 its Moehrig, JOK or Collins.

Harris should be the pick at 19.

I'd love having multiple picks between 25 and 40. Lots of them.

Archived