Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

Even if that fumble by Lawrence is overturned... Bubba Bolden has been excellent and I’m not in love with Lawrence. 

Still not going to say he’s not the best prospect in the draft QB wise. But... he’s been sailing everything. The rain may make this game a throwaway ultimately. He’s got a good body of work. 

It was interesting to hear that Zach Wilson spends an extensive amount of time training with Drew Brees. He’s one of those eat, sleep, and breathe football guys who is used to outworking everyone until he got experience with the work load Drew shoulders and realized that that needs to be his standard. We’ll see if he really does end up this year’s Joe Burrows, although those are huge ****ing shoes to fill. 

Watching plays on which Wilson evades rushers in the pocket I saw quite a few plays that would have been sacks against NFL defenders. Interesting he's working with Brees because his anticipation and spatial awareness need to improve. On a more positive note, the ability to throw the ball with that velocity without a lower body base is on the rare side. Are any of the receivers and tight ends hes throwing to throughout he's career at BYU (not counting Bushman) legit NFL prospects?

2 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Watching plays on which Wilson evades rushers in the pocket I saw quite a few plays that would have been sacks against NFL defenders. Interesting he's working with Brees because his anticipation and spatial awareness need to improve. On a more positive note, the ability to throw the ball with that velocity without a lower body base is on the rare side. Are any of the receivers and tight ends hes throwing to legit NFL prospects?

The tight end... Bushman.

would be interesting to see 7 round mocks from people once there is more information-from Draft game here is mine with a hypothetical trade down-better Idea in next few weeks of where we pick

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 24 (N.E.): Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas (A+)
Round 2 Pick 19: Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida (A)
Round 2 Pick 22 (BALT): Kyle Trask, QB, Florida (A+)
Round 2 Pick 24 (N.E.): Brett Heggie, OG, Florida (A)
Round 3 Pick 18: CJ Verdell, RB, Oregon (A+)
Round 3 Pick 19: Josh Jobe, CB, Alabama (A+)
Round 4 Pick 19: Alec Lindstrom, C/OG, Boston College (A+)
Round 5 Pick 19: Dimitri Moore, ILB/OLB, Vanderbilt (A+)
Round 6 Pick 19: Camryn Bynum, CB, California (A+)
Round 7 Pick 19: Mac Jones, QB, Alabama (A+)

3 hours ago, gooseneck said:

would be interesting to see 7 round mocks from people once there is more information-from Draft game here is mine with a hypothetical trade down-better Idea in next few weeks of where we pick

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 24 (N.E.): Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas (A+)
Round 2 Pick 19: Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida (A)
Round 2 Pick 22 (BALT): Kyle Trask, QB, Florida (A+)
Round 2 Pick 24 (N.E.): Brett Heggie, OG, Florida (A)
Round 3 Pick 18: CJ Verdell, RB, Oregon (A+)
Round 3 Pick 19: Josh Jobe, CB, Alabama (A+)
Round 4 Pick 19: Alec Lindstrom, C/OG, Boston College (A+)
Round 5 Pick 19: Dimitri Moore, ILB/OLB, Vanderbilt (A+)
Round 6 Pick 19: Camryn Bynum, CB, California (A+)
Round 7 Pick 19: Mac Jones, QB, Alabama (A+)

That draft looks awesome. And, you're dreaming. Kyle Pitts is going top 15. I don't think Trask is going to last into the 3rd. 

1 hour ago, wilco_holland said:

Imo this is not the year to draft a QB because I don't think it's a good group and to many teams need one. So we are going to force average prospects into high round picks. 

We better just add more talent first. Either a better OT or a Off weapon. 

I was talking with a friend about how many teams will be drafting QB earlyish:

Jax

Wash

Minny

TB (I think)

NO (I think)

Jets (I think they’ve soured on Darnold)

Chi

Pitts

Indy

i’m sure I’m missing a team or two. 

7 hours ago, wilco_holland said:

Imo this is not the year to draft a QB because I don't think it's a good group and to many teams need one. So we are going to force average prospects into high round picks. 

We better just add more talent first. Either a better OT or a Off weapon. 

I agree unless we're picking #1. Lawrence is as close to a sure thing as you'll get. The rest? Not sure. Would rather get another Chase Young like stud at another position.

12 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

I'd have a hard time choosing between Najee and Etienne. 

Hubbard and Journey Brown are special too.

Najee isn't as fast as the other three but he makes everything look so easy.  Tremendous functional power and balance and body control.  The game is just easier when you're that big.  He's LeVeon Bell 2.0.

The other three have world class speed and will be among the fastest true RBs in the NFL next year.  Yesterday was a showcase game for Harris and Etienne and I think there is a good chance one of them wins the Heisman this year.  They're superstars.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Hubbard and Journey Brown are special too.

Najee isn't as fast as the other three but he makes everything look so easy.  Tremendous functional power and balance and body control.  The game is just easier when you're that big.  He's LeVeon Bell 2.0.

The other three have world class speed and will be among the fastest true RBs in the NFL next year.  Yesterday was a showcase game for Harris and Etienne and I think there is a good chance one of them wins the Heisman this year.  They're superstars.

I think Najee might fit best here tbh.  Hopefully, one of the RBs last to our 2nd round pick.  I'm still looking at getting Pitts/Chase with our 1st rounder (I don't think we'll be bad enough to land the #1 overall pick and take Lawrence).

2 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

I think Najee might fit best here tbh.  Hopefully, one of the RBs last to our 2nd round pick.  I'm still looking at getting Pitts/Chase with our 1st rounder (I don't think we'll be bad enough to land the #1 overall pick and take Lawrence).

This team is going QB in the first round.  Unless they luck into a vet option, that's Rivera's only chance at having a successful regime.

5 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

This team is going QB in the first round.  Unless they luck into a vet option, that's Rivera's only chance at having a successful regime.

Sadly I think you are correct and other than Lawrence there are no QB's I feel confident in.  They all seem like a roll of the dice to me.

I wish that Rivera had the larger picture in mind and had given Haskins the chance to show what he could do.   Putting odds on it, there was probably a 70% chance Haskins would not turn the corner and become  a viable NFL starter, but if that 30% chance had hit, it would have made the rebuild so much simpler.   Rivera is dreaming if he thinks this team can do anything this year.  Best case scenario is you go 7-9 and somehow squeeze into the playoffs, but even that is probably less than a 20% chance.  

This O-Line was in the bottom quarter and without Scherrf they are a bottom 4 O-Line.  We might have the weakest TE group in the NFL.  With Harmon and Sims we may be middle of the pack at the WR because McLaurin might be a legit top 10 NFL WR, but without them its probably a bottom quarter WR group.   Maybe a top quarter NFL QB could get this team to 9-7 because the defense is a little bit above average and the division is really weak, but without a QB there is just not enough talent on this offense to win more than 4 or 5 games.

The thing about RB is we already have a good young one Gibson and its not really a position of weakness so given our need at QB, O-Line, WR, and TE it seems like a bad value to spend a first or second round pick on one.

Plus running back is the one position where there are probably multiple guys completely off our radar capable of being decent starting NFL running backs.  To me you only use a high pick on a RB if there is somebody special like Marshall Faulk, Adrian Peterson or Saquan Barkley (and hose guys only come around once every 5 to 10 years) or if upgrading the position is a finishing piece to an already good offense.

Archived