Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It’s on ESPN+.

Ive been too busy to watch. Will put it on later at some point. Has not been a college ball day for me. Watched for like an hour.

Let me know if you see a difference between Haskins and Lance. He looks awful.

17 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Let me know if you see a difference between Haskins and Lance. He looks awful.

I turned it on to watch him throw the TD on the seam pass to the tight end from the I. 

Throw was a little wobbly and you can see evidence of the wind up but good, quick release. My timing must have been better :ols:

Shotgun quick out outside the numbers. Not a fan of the possible hospital ball but put it on the money outside the numbers on a strike and a good release there. Haskins doesn’t do that

so from what I’ve seen between this year and the stuff from last... he needs to develop as a passer. Has good command of the full passing repertoire and can make all the throws, but he does miss long on the deep balls and while he stands strong in the pocket on his throws he takes a bit too much time to get the ball out.

His legs and size will buy him time to develop. 

I like him. But we’ll see how he ranks all in all when it’s said and done.

Trask is a better passer. Doesn’t have the legs. Fields has both abilities and I’m looking forward to seeing what he brings to the table this year.

Gotta say it again... Lance needs a lot of work as a passer, mostly reads, touch and anticipation.

He does have a somewhat long wind up, but he doesn’t always use it.

He can make nearly every throw. Excellent outside the numbers.

But his legs, man... they are going to buy him development time.

Having said that... if I’m him... I’m staying. Finishing the schedule in February to April, coming back for August and then seeing where I fall.

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

Also caught the end of the BC-UNC game. Hunter Long has 25 catches through 3 games, huge target 6'5" 253.

He seems to be an okay blocker too, but there’s not a lot of his “tape” out there right now. 

He’s on my radar.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Gotta say it again... Lance needs a lot of work as a passer, mostly reads, touch and anticipation

I was not impressed as a passer at all, but man, he was just not going to get tackled on many of those runs. Really impressive athleticism.

I would not take him in the 1st round right now.

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I was not impressed as a passer at all, but man, he was just not going to get tackled on many of those runs. Really impressive athleticism.

I would not take him in the 1st round right now.

Depends where I picked and what was on the board.

I’ve been real impressed with Spencer Rattler for a RS Freshman.

The matchup between Tyson Campbell and Seth Williams is going a little like the NBA finals. What's most impressive is how calm Campbell is with the ball in the air instead of pawing at the receiver, and he just seems to have a 6th sense for PBUs with his back to the ball. He's doing it against arguably the receiver with the best ball skills in the country that's been making SEC corners look like little kids. 

#34 O'Rien Brown LB on Iowa State's defense can play.  Smart looking player.  He's a little more passive than I like though.  Always around the ball but not necessarily making the play.  Looks to me like a team ball player but I want LBers to be tone setters too.

That OLB #23 Rose can play too.  Big hitter.

Purdy isn't any better than he was as a Freshman when he could just chuck jump balls to Hakeem Butler and hand it off to David Montgomery for easy conversions.  My man can't read coverage.

Archived